Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Things I overhear at bars...

Pages: 1 4 replies

Sometimes I feel like there's a little guy in my head building shoes.
(Molly's At The Market, New Orleans LA)

Was that the first word you ever spoke in English?
(The Wild Goose, Inglewood CA)

I've never been gay but I would fuck George W Bush in the ass. (this isn't me being political, just something I overheard)
(The V Room, Long Beach CA)

I've dated more girls of different types, than differents types of girls.
(Alex's Bar, Long Beach CA)

Ey, get me a 6 pack and keep that thing on!
(Galaxy Theatre, Santa Ana CA)

T

A couple weeks a go I was at The Mallard and overheard a couple who were obviously on a first date. The guy was way too talky and eager to show how artsy and intellectual he was and somehow veered to the topic of some documentary he'd seen about a family who adopted a bunch of kids who all suffered from some progressive flesh-eating virus. He then segued into a vivid description of the appearance of the disease and ultimate early demise of said kids. It was beyond gruesome and there he was after his third or so beer, spilling his guts, so to speak. She was obviously a bit anesthetized by that point, but I could see her trying really hard to remain polite and not vomit all over him.

On 2005-05-26 18:32, Tiki-bot wrote:
A couple weeks a go I was at The Mallard and overheard a couple who were obviously on a first date. The guy was way too talky and eager to show how artsy and intellectual he was and somehow veered to the topic of some documentary he'd seen about a family who adopted a bunch of kids who all suffered from some progressive flesh-eating virus. He then segued into a vivid description of the appearance of the disease and ultimate early demise of said kids. It was beyond gruesome and there he was after his third or so beer, spilling his guts, so to speak. She was obviously a bit anesthetized by that point, but I could see her trying really hard to remain polite and not vomit all over him.

Hey, that was me...

I was at a dive called "Sam's Log Cabin" as they had Baseball on. It was a hot july Saturday. This horrid woman who looked like she was the model for all "The Far Side" women (Big hair, and wierd glasses) kept using the bar's telephone (attached to the wall behind the cash register)

She was yelling "I said it better be mowed when I get home"...."The Front yard too"..."Don't make me come home now young man"

Each time she would hang up, she would laugh like a nasaly-witch (the one from Puffinstuff?)

It was one of those moments I found myself thinking how happy I am to not be a kid any longer.

Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

K
Ka! posted on Fri, May 27, 2005 1:12 PM

Ya wanna go back to my boat and get sea sick?-Pines at Bass Lake, Ca

Pages: 1 4 replies