Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Vegas Vic's Podcast!

Pages: 1 2 81 replies

V

Posted Podcast # 18 - The Naked City. In this episode, Vic plays an eclectic mix of Crime Jazz, groovy Bachelor Pad, Cool Spy music, funky Soundtracks, and new and old skool lounge tracks..

Don't forget to vote at PodcastAlley.

Aloha,

Vic

Posted Podcast # 19 - Quiet Village. In this episode, Vic plays 14 different versions of the classic exotica track.

Aloha,

Vic

V

Posted Podcast # 20 - Women We Love. In this episode, Vic plays exotica tracks from some great female artists. Who says they're the weaker sex?!?

Aloha,

Vic

Great Podcast! Just listened to #20. Keep up the great work and THANKS!

I'm only up to Show #5: Sophisticated Savages but it is so enjoyable!

Wow! I just listened to #6: Surf's Up. Could you recommend currently available albums featuring this great style?

V

Here are a few good compilations:

Surf Monsters
Pulp Surfin'
War of the Surf Guitars

Enjoy!

V

Posted Podcast # 21 - Focus on Arthur Lyman, Part 1. First in a two-part retrospective of exotica legend Arthur Lyman, playing tracks from his first 12 albums (1957 -1963). Plus, Tiki News and Cocktail of the Week!

Aloha,

Vic

Another excellent show. I'm spoiled.

V

Posted Podcast # 22 - Focus on Arthur Lyman, Part 2. Second in a two-part retrospective of exotica legend Arthur Lyman, playing tracks from the latter part of his storied career (1963 - 1979). Plus, Tiki News and Cocktail of the Week!

Aloha,

Vic

V

Posted Podcast # 23 - Tiki Title Tracks. In this episode, Vic plays the title tracks from a selection of Exotica and Instrumental Surf Rock albums. Plus, Tiki News and Cocktail of the Week!

Aloha,

Vic

Listen to Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge
Visit Vic's Site

[ Edited by: vegasvic 2005-10-15 13:53 ]

V

Posted Podcast # 24 - The Mileage Run. In this episode, Vic plays tracks inspired by a frequent flier mileage run. Plus, Tiki News and Cocktail of the Week!

Aloha,

Vic

V

Posted Podcast # 25 - New Friends. In this episode, Vic plays tracks from new Exotica and Instrumental Surf artists, plus Cocktail of the Week!

Aloha,

Vic

T

Vegas Vic,
Wow! Podcast #25 is awesome!
Thanks for playing The Intoxicators!

V

Posted Podcast # 26 - Wide World of Surf. In this all-world episode, Vic plays tracks by Instrumental Surf bands from around the globe, plus Tiki News and Cocktail of the Week!

Aloha,

Vic

Just posted Podcast #27 - Surf Vol. 4. In this week's show, Vic plays more reverb-drenched instro Surf music and promotes upcoming shows from some great working bands; including:

Los Cobras, The Nebulas, theUNIDENTIFIED, The Surfonics, Kelp, The Bosch, Surfalicious Dudes, The Verbtones, The Tarantinos, This Spy Surfs, The Atomic Mosquitos, The Fathoms, Apehangers, Pollo Del Mar, The Pyronauts, and Los Straitjackets.

All that, plus COCKTAIL OF THE WEEK!

Aloha,

Vic

Listen to Vegas Vic's Tiki Lounge
Visit Vic's Site
www.myspace.com/vegasvics

[ Edited by: vegasvic 2005-11-13 05:16 ]

V

Just posted Podcast #28 - Surf Vol. 5. In this week's show, Vic plays more reverb-drenched instro Surf.

Aloha,

Vic

ACK! Too much surf!

T

I like the show now. But one thing, what happend to the old format? I liked it better when you focused on one artist like Marten Denny or one song like Voodoo. you should do more of that stuff. I do like the surf stuff (in small bits) but not as much as the classic Exotica stuff.

T

On 2005-11-21 13:01, pappythesailor wrote:
ACK! Too much surf!

I totaly hear that!

V

I hear everyone. I will be switching back and forth between Exotica and Surf. Don't worry 8)

Big Holiday podcast in the works now.

Aloha,

Vic

T

On 2005-12-05 15:07, vegasvic wrote:
I hear everyone. I will be switching back and forth between Exotica and Surf. Don't worry 8)

Big Holiday podcast in the works now.

Aloha,

Vic

Awsome!

Nice job Vic.

Any period music is great to hear, plus the podcast format makes it dead easy for us lot in the UK to tune in anytime.

Keep up the good work.

V

Just posted Podcast #30 - Cops, Spies, and Private Eyes. In this week's show, Vic plays spy-inspired surf, classic crime jazz, and TV Cop Show and Spy Film soundtracks.

Aloha,

Vic

Just posted Podcast #31 - Mele Kalikimaka. In this week's show, Vic plays Hawaiian and Exotica holiday-themed tracks, including selected cuts from Arthur Lyman, The Paradise Islanders, 49th State Records, The Waikikis, and many, many more.

Aloha,

Vic

J

A Mele Kalikimaka to you Vic. Thanks for the awesome holiday podcast! I listened to it while setting up the Festivus pole.

V

On 2005-12-20 10:23, johnman wrote:
A Mele Kalikimaka to you Vic. Thanks for the awesome holiday podcast!

Thanks johnman! I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I spent about a long time acquiring the records used in that podcast. I've been waiting months to use them 8)

Vic

V

Just posted Podcast No. 32 - Happy Surfin' New Year! In this episode Vic plays tracks from and promotes New Year's Eve gigs for some excellent instro surf bands. Plus Vic's Top 10 Hangover tips!

Mele Kalikimaka and Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

Vic

G

Thanks Vic for podcast #31 (the Christmas show). It was truly great. Your show provided a perfect soundtrack to our Christmas dinner! My kids really liked the Hawaiian "12 Days of Christmas"! I'm sure it took a long time to collect all this music and I'm very grateful for your sharing it with us.

Happy New Year!

P
pik0 posted on Tue, Jan 10, 2006 3:36 PM

Ditto!! I've been listening to Bruddah Vic's podcast since about July!! Brah!! You smokin!! :)

Piko

Just posted Podcast No. 34 - Focus on Les Baxter, Part 1. In part one of a multi-part retrospective, Vic focuses on the early years of exotica legend Les Baxter's recording career -- roughly spanning the period of 1947 to 1959.

Les Baxter
Mar 14, 1922 - Jan 15, 1996

Aloha,

Vic

V

Aloha -

The last two podcasts, #49 and 50 (appropriately) are tributes to 49th State Records. The first focuses on the Hawaiian records in the 3400 series, and the second features tracks from the Polynesian, Japanese and Asian themed LP's.

Two holes in the collection: LP-3429 Evening in Paradise and LP-3459 Modern Japan Dances. I've never seen these albums on eBay or anywhere else. I'd really be interested if anyone has a copy.

Vic

TT

Subscribing to that podcast for sure... and of course adding you on myspace
Keep it up VIC!!! Love it!

p.s.
This is the first ever podcast i've ever subscribed to... so now i KNOW thats DARN GOOD... ahahha

[ Edited by: tiki tia 2006-09-18 17:42 ]

IZ

The 49th State show I heard was fantastic! Excellent work Vic.

Pages: 1 2 81 replies