Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

What song would your Ice Cream Truck play?

Pages: 1 45 replies

If you of course had one... Are you an Old School "Turkey in the Straw" sort of persona, or might you have something more stirring?

If I had an ice cream truck, it would instead me a mai tai truck. The music it would play would depend on the day.

Ice cream trucks make my dog bark.

How about a beer truck? That's a dream of mine.

D

EEK! I don't know how it is in your neck of the woods.
But anyone eating anything off of one of my neighborhood ice cream trucks is livin on the edge.
I would have more of a public service announcement, touting the wonders of penicillin. Get yer free shot of penicillin with every Fudgesicle or Bomb Pop purchased. Better safe than sorry.
I don't even want to think about what a kid can pick up these days in the 25 cent Grab Bags...shudder...

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-06-01 10:59 ]

UB

This reminds me of Cheech and Chong's movie, "Nice Dreams".

Sugar is Sweeter by CJ Bolland

:music:sugar daddy, come on and sugar me
I want your lovin' so come on and give it to me
sugar daddy, sugar daddy oh
look at me I'm begging for more more more....:music:

-Z

M

Ice Cream Man - the Van Halen version.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2005-06-01 06:23 ]

M

Oh yeah, and I might stay away from Aqualung.

T

Duh... Quiet Village!

"Beat on the Brat" by the Ramones. for the irony.

--SBiM

H

Purple Haze!!!

Weird. The Icecream Truck in my neighborhood in the late 80's always played

Whip It by Devo for real

and I love that song

F

Heat by Don Tiki

Ice Cream Man
by Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers

Ave Maria

It might be "The French Toast Man" by Fred Lane.
Or maybe a track from Twisted Metal. All depends on the day I'm having, I guess.

8T

For some reason this tune came immediately to mind:

STONE COLD by RAINBOW
Every night I have the same old dream
'bout you and me and what's in between
So many changes, so many lies
Try to run, try to hide

From everything that I feel inside
But I can't escape you or your frozen eyes...
Searching in the darkness
Fading out of sight
Love was here and gone like a thief in the night...
Stone Cold...
and I thought I knew you so well
Stone Cold
Can't break away from your spell

Another dark and empty night
If I was wrong I wanna make it right
But you are so distant, so far away
Your words like ice fall on the ground
Breaking the silence without a sound
Oh familiar strangers with nothing to say
Fading out of sight
Stone Cold...
and I thought I knew you so well...
Stone Cold
Can't break away from your spell...
You leave me Stone Cold

Fading out of sight
Stone Cold...
and I thought I knew you so well
Stone Cold
You're Stone Cold...yeah
I can't break away from your spell
Stone Cold...baby
I thought I knew you so well
You're stone cold...ice cold
(you put me in the deep freeze)
(oh baby don't you leave me)
(stone...cold, your leavin' me cold)
Stone Cold...I thought I knew you so well
Stone Cold...Can't break away from your spell

When I was growing up, the ice cream truck that travelled my neighborhood had Perrey & Kingsley's "Baroque Hoedown" on a constant loop. It was a bad recording taken from a scratched-up record but it was still cool for the kids to hear the Main Street Electrical Parade theme every day!

"The Elephant Walk" by Henry Mancini

or "Innagoddadavida" by Iron Butterfly :lol:
for the drum solo, duh!

UB

So is this how "Vanilla Ice" is made?

On 2005-06-02 00:43, stuff-o-rama wrote:
"The Elephant Walk" by Henry Mancini

Had that as my ring tone for quite a while, great song.

J
john posted on Thu, Jun 2, 2005 12:08 PM

id use "pusherman" by curtis mayfield

I'd have the native drums beating and little shrunken heads on spears all over the roof of the truck. And paint it to look like tapa. And serve poi and sushi (talk about needin a penicillen shot!). And I'd wear a hollowed out, carved tiki and just grunt.
OR...
For a surreal treat. It'd play something from Deep Forest and go real slow and move in slow mo. I'd have to wear chiffon. The kind that floats almost eerily with any small breeze or movement. With flowers in my hair. I'd serve frozen pixie stix. And pez.

By the way-I'm on Valium at this very moment. I have to fly (FLY!!!) to Florida for a cruise end of the month and my hubby is testing drugs on me. Last time we had to take a plane, I freaked. Try to get the doors open. Tried to get any one to knock me out. Finally my husband took me to the bathroom and knocked the crap out of. Too bad it didn't actually knock me out-just a tooth! BUT I DIGEST...

'Pagan Love Song' would grab my attention.

DZ

Dio's "Holy Diver" was the first song that came to mind.

Dunno why.

uncontrollable urge

My Ice Cream Truck Plays "Monkey Man" by the Rolling Stones

Ummmm Howsabout "I kill children" by the Dead Kennedy's? It would fit in with my never realised dream of building an ice cream truck from hell.

Huge fat racing slicks on the back. Raked forward insanely. With one of those oversized Ice Cream Cone Lamps on each of the front sides of the drivers compartment. Only these would be made out of steal, and the tops would be perforated steel so the flames generated by the exhaust could escpape.

I doubt I could keep just one song playing, so there's probably be a good deal of Sabbath, Alice Cooper, and Sonics playing over the massive PA speakers.

id use "pusherman" by curtis mayfield

YEAH!!! that brought back floods of memories of when I lived near downtown LA...the ice cream truck would roll by our house at 12:00 AT NIGHT!!!! (playing your regular cheezy ice cream truck music)
All I know was that the dude who lived next to us ALWAYS bought a HUGE banana split whenever it came by....
I think vanilla wasn't the only white substance frosty was servin'!!!

true story!!!! No joke!!!!

Did I mention it might be a '40's hearse?

No, no, this is the one I was thinking of... but all evil like.

R

Milk, Milk, Lemonade.
Around the corner, fudge is made.

They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa by Napoleon XIV because I'd be stark raving mad after a few hours driving an ice cream truck (unless it was that one from Cheech & Chong's Nice Dreams, then it would be Purple Haze).

J

Motörhead's Ace of Spades! It would work perfectly with this truck...

DZ

On 2005-06-30 18:18, johntiki wrote:
Motörhead's Ace of Spades! It would work perfectly with this truck...

Or how 'bout Ministry's "Just One Fix"?

On 2005-06-29 18:08, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa by Napoleon XIV

Ah man! In high school my art teacher use to play this damn song over and over and over. Sometimes he would play the song throughout the whole period. I actually loved it and remember seeing visuals towards the end of the period a couple of times. Haven't quite been right since.

How about Pat Benatars, Hell is for Children.

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2005-07-01 14:46 ]

pussy whiskers by blinky & the roadmasters

RD

From the moment I heard this song an image came into my head. A vision of an old ice cream truck with it's windows painted black from the inside ambling down the street, filthy and with sun-bleached signage, not stopping for the confused children who follow behind with their crumpled dollar bills held outstretched.
I wanna put a performance of this together as an art project someday. The doppler effect from the truck driving by would add even more to the eerie factor.

Hope the link works, it's to an mp3 file called "radiator" by Aphex Twin.

creepily,
Joe

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jul 9, 2005 8:17 AM

I always wanted to do a Pro Street style ice cream van too! I coined the term "Mr Whipple" (A play on Mr Whippy and Whipple superchargers). Motor-vation comes from a blown hemi, with zoomie headers, and fats up back. Paint would be standard looking ice cream van, but with hot rod named desserts. Song would be "Highway to Hell" by ACDC

RD

Careful Hewey, here in 'the states' Mr Whipple is a creepy old grocer who obsessively fondles toilet paper. Really.

-Joe

edited to add picture

[ Edited by: Rum Demon 2005-07-10 10:49 ]

Hey there Hewey, a pal of mine from WA. was telling me it's not legal to make a car into a Hot Rod there. He was thrilled while visiting and seeing all the chopped and channel'd sleds at a local meet.

In the NT I've seen tons of vehicles that looked all but home made...are there state to state differences in what a bloke can do to a car? It's surprizing to me that a civilized place like OZ would have so many rules and regulations...I expect that crap here.

Do tell

The ice cream truck that comes through our neighborhood is painted pink, and has hand magic markered on the front door, something like 'khazikstan ice' and the guy driving wears a turban.The song is 3 blind mice. It makes me laugh every time he comes up the street.

My older sister's boyfriend drove the O'Boyles truck in Levittown PA when I was little and he used to give us free ice cream! He played Led Zeppelin inside the truck, I don't remember what the truck played.

On 2005-07-01 07:00, FLOUNDERart wrote:

On 2005-06-29 18:08, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa by Napoleon XIV

Ah man! In high school my art teacher use to play this damn song over and over and over. Sometimes he would play the song throughout the whole period. I actually loved it and remember seeing visuals towards the end of the period a couple of times. Haven't quite been right since.

Did he ever play the the flip side of the single. It was the same song played backwards (even the label was printed backwards). Now that'll really drive ya crazy!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Jul 10, 2005 9:07 AM

On 2005-07-09 10:48, Gigantalope wrote:
Hey there Hewey, a pal of mine from WA. was telling me it's not legal to make a car into a Hot Rod there. He was thrilled while visiting and seeing all the chopped and channel'd sleds at a local meet.

In the NT I've seen tons of vehicles that looked all but home made...are there state to state differences in what a bloke can do to a car? It's surprizing to me that a civilized place like OZ would have so many rules and regulations...I expect that crap here.

Do tell

I'm not an expert, but I'll have a go.

The road rules are different for each state. The Australian Street Rod Federation (ASRF) are attempting to get federal rules across the board for hot rods.

Hot rods are most definitely legal down under (although, I think WA is particulaly tough on modified cars). Generally we can't have exposed wheels on highboys (most people run cyle guards), no bluedots, no slicks, etc. Queensland is also tuff. They were going to outlaw airbag suspension and even dropped spindles 'cause too many mini truck modifiers were doing dodgy engineering jobs. Not sure what happened with that. Chopping, channeling etc is all okay, provided it has appropriate engineer report saying quality is good etc.

Many rods are on special rego. You can get club rego (which basically allows you to go on club runs, and the odd 'test' run), classic/historic rego (limited miles/year) etc.

From what i have read, there is more rules and regulations here than in the states. Again, I'm no expert. As far as your mate - what part of WA was he from? If he was from a small town, yeh there might not have been any local rods (on the road anyway).

Here is a good link with plenty of pics from various rod runs in Australia:http://www.the-rumbler.com/

If you want more info, talk to PEDDRO. He would have more of an idea than me. he's based in Victoria

E

Baby Got Back ~ Sir-Mix-A-Lot

"I like big butts and I cannot lie
u other brotherz can't deny
when a girl walks in with a itty, bitty, waist
and a round thing in ur face u get sprung"

That might work in the right hood!

Pages: 1 45 replies