Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kapili Room Party Saturday April 8th

Pages: 1 2 87 replies

T

The next party is April 8th starting around 7pm. See photos of previous parties throughout this thread. This time we'll have an all new drink menu and a dessert fountain flowing with dark chocolate!

The Kapili room (Santa Clara, CA) features a working Witco fountain, thunder & lightning and other lighting effects, and a cool vintage tiki mug and menu collection. I'll be mixing some excellent drinks!

Bringing snack food and/or tipping is encouraged...but not required. Please PM or email me for directions and/or to RSVP. mahalo.

"But why is the rum gone?!" -Capt. Jack Sparrow

The Tiki Gallery has over 1,400 photos!
http://www.tradervic.com
http://www.tikiroom.net
http://www.tikimug.net
http://www.tikimugs.net

[ Edited by: tikihula 2006-03-28 10:18 ]

T

Damn! This sounds like a good gig.

Unfortunately, I burned all my proverbial golden gate bridges in the North of California.

(A certain gorilla X has marked me for extreme occillation in an undulating position.)

T

I cringe at the thought :) See ya again someday, Bong.

count us in!

T

A little pre-party party photo from last weekend...

T

Damn, we bought baseball tix months ago for this night. Honestly, the way the Giants are playing, it would barely bother me to bail and go to the Kapili Room instead. But alas, it's a big family outing, so no bailing out. The place looks fabulous, though. Hope we get a chance to see it soon.

Mahalo for the invite, but, sigh, can't make it. Maybe next time. Thanks again.

T

Since I've waited so long to have a decent tiki room, especially knowing it's now only temporary, I'll be having a few parties in the coming months.

Also, everyone has an open invitation- if you're gonna be in the south bay- just email me ahead of time to make sure I'll be home. mahalo.

I might be able to make this; I'll PM you if so - thanks!

T

Photos of the Kapili Room and the little opening party we had last night. Photos of my mug shelves are here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=15116&forum=5&1

Kim, limptiki, drunkenhat, tikicleen, me, and Alia sucken down a Volcano.

What fire code??

Vitco

"But why is the rum gone?!" -Capt. Jack Sparrow

The Tiki Gallery has over 1,400 photos!
http://www.tradervic.com
http://www.tikiroom.net
http://www.tikimug.net
http://www.tikimugs.net

[ Edited by: tikihula 2005-12-10 11:43 ]

A

Very nice, looks great Mike.
Mahalo,
Al

Looks great Mike! Sorry I missed it.
Aloha,
Tiki:

Your Room Looks amazing - I wish I could see it in person. I wish I had a cool WITCO fountain as well!!!
Take Care,
Scott

Mike!
I knew I was going to miss something special.
I just did not want to acknowledge it because of Freakin work!
I had the privilege of visiting Tiki Hulas's home, and it was like visiting a Tiki candy store for adult's. I only hope to make the next event, you should too!

Mike,
Looking good! So after all these years I finally get a peek at your collection. Good stuff.

the room is fantastic! if you ever get the chance to visit take the opportunity. whether you are a mug collector(expect to leave with mug envy btw) or a rum lover you will not be disappointed!

so mike when is the next scheduled gathering at the kapili? i kinda like this being the guest and not the host thing!

Nice work, looks like a fun event. Another home bar added to my Nor-Cal "to see" list.

Ran

M

Argh! Sorry I missed it, big man. The place looks great. Well done!

But- are you...a blonde?

T

Honey, I can be whatever you want me to be :wink:

Another party again next month- hope you two can make it!

Mike, your tiki room looks awesome, wish Utopiandreem & i could have been there to see it in person. Hopefully there will be a next time!

TBird.

Beautiful mug collection. Droooool.
KG

Dateline: Santa Clara, CA.

Saturday July 9 is the next party!

The Kapili room features a working Witco fountain, a smokin' hot rod tiki that really smokes, thunder & lightning and other lighting effects; and a cool vintage tiki mug and menu collection. I'll be mixing some excellent drinks!

Bringing snack food and/or tipping is encouraged...but not required. Please PM or email me for directions. mahalo.

we should be able to make it!

MT

Coco Loco and I should be able to make it as well! Looking forward to checking out your place! :D

T

Alia is really sick, so we'll have to change the party to next weekend, the 16th. Hope to see you there. mahalo.

M

Sorry to hear that Alia is ailing-glad to hear that I can go next week!!!!

I'd love to check it out too - next weekend is perfect for me.

Hope you feel better soon!

M

zazz!!

Mike, very nice!

S

Oaktiki and I will be attending tomarrow evening's festivities. We're realy looking forward to meeting NorCal Ohana!

I'm also looking forward to seeing your mug collection, it sounds like a very special treat, something east coast Tikiphiles can only dream of and aspire to!

See everyone there!

The party last night was soooo much fun!! TikiCentral ohana are just the greatest people alive! We were pleasantly surprised to have Sabina and Oaktiki still in the bay area and thoroughly enjoyed meeting them and hearing about their travels- off to Trader Dick's with you :)
Mahalo to everyone who could make it:

Cynfulcynner, Mai Tai, Maria, Oaktiki, Sabina, Alia, Tikicleen, thedrunkenhat

mahalo, mahalo...

MT

TikiHula,
Much Mahaloz for hosting this event, and for all of your and Alia's generosity. We definitely had a blast hangin' with the T.C. posse, can't wait to go to the next one! The Kapili Room is spectacular, a true inspiration and a source of awe. As soon as we got home, Maria was looking up tiki bars and accessories on ebay!!! :lol: All's I can say is, man, TikiHula and The Drunken Hat can sure mix up some damn fine drinks!!!

Hey, what was the name of that rum with the label that lit up?

T

That would be Coyopa rum. It's not bad for $10.00 a bottle at Rayley's/Bel Air/Nob Hill markets.

And Mai Tai, I've been lovin' snacking on that ice cream- Loard's is awesome ice cream! mahalo to you both.

Off to Hawaii tomorrow, see you when we get back...

M

Guess the Coyopa is being closed out- it used to be $50 a bottle!

Must stay on the lookout.

T

You are correct sir. I got the last bottle they had at my nearest Nob Hill. So get them while you can...

yes martin, it is being closed out allright. if you happen to be around san ramon, the nob hill there has a HUGE end-of-the-aisle display of it with a zillion bottles. you have to check to see if they still work with the lights and dorky song, but at $9.99, it is hard to resist.

we had a great time at the kapili room, yet again. it was great meeting sabina and oaktiki, and hanging with mai tai, maria, and cynful. everything was great....except for the bug incident that left deep emotional scars....we love you guys!

have a great time in maui and good luck!! wink wink

August 6th, huh?

I think we must see the Kapili Room before it's too late! It looks totally wonderful...wow!!!

Hope to see y'all there!

thinking about going to Raley's,

Tikivixen

S

Catching up where we left off- the evening at the fabulous Kapili Room was the perfect ending to our time in the Bay area! Couldn't have asked for better! It was just a really neat send off- and our last get together with CA Tikiphiles before we left.

TikiHula and Alia were such gracious hosts, and the Kapili Room is just amazing! We met so many other TCers and had just one of those unforgetable wonderful Tiki evenings!

Mixology (including thedrunkenhat's own creation! Wow!), exotica playing softly in the background, the wonderful 'thunderstorm' 'raging' 'outside' :wink:, and perhaps most of all- the knowledgable tribal elders, discussing the finer points of mugs, rums, Tiki history! It's always a real pleasure to be around other Tikiphiles who can point one in the direction of a rum you've never tried before, or a mug you've never seen before! And TikiHula had a whole bar full of such treasures. Suffice it to say, it was a really special night.

I'm really glad we got to take a few pictures of the Kapili room in its current state- documented for history. That Witco fountain is just amazing!

It was really inspiring, to hear about others planned and previous travels, too. Cross country by train is what got me thinking!

Among the more special moments of the evening was talking about the Kahiki mystery drink bowl- which I had perhaps last seen in person as a child being carried by a mystery girl in the Kahiki itself! Wonderful to see it 'alive and well loved' in it's new home! (Can't wait to peek at the DVD!)

And we also owe a very special thank you to both thedrunkenhat and TikiHula for sending a special bottle of rum home with us by the end of the night- can't thank you both enough for that!

Oaktiki and I thank you from the bottom of our CA crawl'n hearts- you made our crawl complete!

(I'll try to get some pix up when I get the chance!)

T

I'm so glad you two had such a great time- we enjoyed your company and I loved talking tiki mugs, rum, and tiki treks with you. Hope you have a safe trip home- if you ever go home :wink:

S

Ok, this is one of those Tiki coincidences!

I was literally just sitting here this evening getting these pix up!

We had such a great time that night- truly one of our quintessential CA crawl experiences!

We're headed out to a late dinner now- but enjoy, they're here in the SF area gallery, under "Kapili Room party #2, July 18, 2005"-

http://www.sevenpleasures.org/gallery/San-Francisco-Area

M

On 2005-08-02 22:05, Sabina wrote:
Ok, this is one of those Tiki coincidences!

I was literally just sitting here this evening getting these pix up!

what a ZAZZ pic! :)

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2005-08-03 11:41 ]

T

I agree, you guys took some excellent photos that night! mahalo for sharing!

M

This event sounds, ZAZZ, but I will be attending a Jimmy Buffett concert! ...or something.

On 2005-08-03 15:09, mrsmiley wrote:
This event sounds, ZAZZ, but I will be attending a Jimmy Buffett concert! ...or something.

Hey - me too! I'll see you there... ;)

MT

Is this event still happening, TikiHula?

T

Yep, you guys are more than welcome to come down again...say around 7:00pm. mahalo.

MT

Anyone who hasn't been to the Kapili Room yet, you must go - it's amazing!!!

Pages: 1 2 87 replies