Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kapili Room Party Saturday April 8th

Pages: 1 2 87 replies

T

Our next party is December 17th and everyone is invited. We'll start around 7pm. Please email or PM me for directions. Mele Kalikimaka to all!

we'll be there. see you guys soon!

Do you want us to bring anything?

T

Bring anything you like- dessert is always nice! :)

OK! I'm getting tired of making all that fondue.

MT

I'm pretty sure that Maria and I will be able to make it this Saturday. Mike, you want us to bring some more of that Loard's Mango or Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream?

T

Oh you guys, that would be great! I've had dreams about eating a whole gallon of that mango ice cream- mmmmmmmmmmm :D

Hope you can make it!

We might actually be able to make this one! Hope so...I'll bring Killer Cupcakes again...

meow!!!
tikivixen

The next party is April 8th starting around 7pm. See photos of previous parties throughout this thread. This time we'll have an all new drink menu and a dessert fountain flowing with dark chocolate!

The Kapili room (Santa Clara, CA) features a working Witco fountain, thunder & lightning and other lighting effects, and a cool vintage tiki mug and menu collection. I'll be mixing some excellent drinks!

Bringing snack food and/or tipping is encouraged...but not required. Please PM or email me for directions and/or to RSVP. mahalo.

soundz zazz!

nuff said :D

Mmmmmmmmmm, dark chocolate! Definitely count me and my lady in for this!

I am sure we will bring something to eat or drink... Mahalo!

MT

In. I'll bring some more of your favorite mango ice cream!

Yay! We've been hoping to be able to make it to one of your parties, and this time the stars have aligned in our favor! We'll be there!

we'll be there too. see you guys next week.

B

Thought I would give this a bump... just a couple more days until the party!

I will be bringing a piece of newly aquired Witco for a show and tell... hopefully people will be interested!

A

Mike, if it's not too late, I'd like to be on the attendee list too!

For any remotely located TCers who haven't been to our Belmont pad in a while (or ever) due to the rarity of being on the peninsula, you would be welcome to stop by if you want to make it a twofer (see the Lanai tiki, or maybe our more recent two-legged newcomer). Maybe there'll be no takers (and Mike, please pardon me if this is hijacking in any way), but anyway, if anyone wants to stop by anytime between 5:30 and 7:00 on Sat, send me a PM or email for directions.

Either way, looking forward to seeing the Kapili Room!

-Randy

I just looked at my work schedule again, and I can't show up until around 10:00. OK?

T

10pm is fine. We'll have to close up shop around 12:30 or 1:00 due to the neighbors. See you all tomorrow!

T

Once again we would LOVE to try and make it. We're helping a friend move--very suddenly move, so it'll be a mess--on Saturday, but we're going to try, darn it.

:)

Ridin' in the Hatmobile. See ya' there!

T

A BIG mahalo to everyone that came to the party. I know some of you drove from many miles away and we really appreciate having friends who like us that much! :)

The chocolate fountain was a hit (thanks Cleen and Hat for the Christmas present) It's a little hard to clean up, but well worth the trouble- you haven't lived until you've had fresh mango and cream puffs drenched in Belgian dark chocolate! :D

And mahalo to everyone for bringing rum and desserts. The only down side to hosting is that I didn't get to hang and talk with most of you as much as I'd have liked. See you at the opening of FI when we can chat more.

Mai Tai, Blowfish, and Trader(?) took some killer photos last night that hopefully they'll post soon.

mahalo

Mike and Alia

Mahalo to you too Mike and Alia. You make a very tasty Cobra's Fang. The Kapili Room is eye candy for me. Dig it.
Good to meet Blowfish and K.
Made it home safe and sound. Mahalo to Hat and Cleen for driving. Good friends, good times, great drinks.

H

Thank you so, so much to both TikiHula and aquarj for your hospitality, it was such a treat to get to see your beautiful homes and your amazing collections! I'm so sorry that I petered out so early in the evening -- it's been a go-go-go week, and it finally caught up to me. I'm glad that I got to spend time chatting with friends I hadn't seen in a while. TikiHula, I loved the drink you made for us, but next time you've gotta go the punch route so we get a chance to socialize with you!

C

Sorry I missed the partys. I have been moving (again) and I didn't come across this post until it was too late and I was too burnt to leave my area code. Sound like y'all had a good time. I guess I will live it vicariously thorough the pics.

Chongolio

B

Thanks TikiHula and Alia for another great night!

Great to meet some of you TC'ers and thank you for the warm welcome... for those who didn't already know I am Alia's brother and soon to be brother-in-law of TikiHula once they get married.

I sent a few pics to Mike to get posted... so hopefull yhey will show up soon.

Mahalo!

thanks there mr. & soon to be mrs. hula for the hospitality! wish we could have chatted a bit more too but the responsibility of hosting is definitely first and foremost. glad to catch up with everyone and we'll see you all at FI on the 20th!

scott

Glad I could finally make it--thanks!! :)

A

T. Kihula -
Thanks for having us over - it was a pleasure to hang out in the Kapili Room and really soak up the atmosphere (among other things). That witco fountain is fantastic.

One question though. Naomi noticed what appeared to be steam wafting out of my ears on Sunday - does that mean I drank some of that dry ice?

Also, enjoyed having the visitors over at our place, glad you could stop by. Please remember to dance energetically, but be sensible.

-Randy

M

On 2006-04-10 12:51, aquarj wrote:
Please remember to dance energetically, but be sensible.

-Randy

For you are not of marrying age yet!

T

Here's some photos courtesy of Blowfish and Smiley:

On 2006-04-09 11:53, TikiHula wrote:
The chocolate fountain was a hit

Yes, I had quite the Augustus Gloop experience with that thing. :lol:

On 2006-04-10 21:37, TikiHula wrote:

So someone tried the experiment! How well did it work? No problem with the CO2 smothering the flame? The flame looks a little orange in that picture.

Once again, I'm bummmed I missed another one of your parties Mike.
It looked like the best one yet. I'll get there some freakin day.

MT

On 2006-04-12 06:47, freddiefreelance wrote:
So someone tried the experiment! How well did it work? No problem with the CO2 smothering the flame? The flame looks a little orange in that picture.

The first couple of attempts smothered the flame, or kept it really low. Then Mike had the idea to try to light the flame a couple of minutes after the dry ice was added to the drink - that way the CO2 fog would settle down a little. It did indeed work, but the lingering CO2 still cut the flame height down by at least half if not more.

B

...intalking with Mike about it, the trick to making it work may be using a taller volcano to get it further out of the mix.

Or perhaps design a two chamber drinking bowl... one chamber for the dry ice effects which would allow the 'fog' to seep out the sides of the bowl, the main chamber being the drinking area with a volcano in the middle which would be further away from the escaping gas.

Hmmm... let me patent that idea real quick :wink:

H
Helz posted on Wed, Apr 12, 2006 1:28 PM

I think I know someone who just may already be working on something kind of like that...but that's more than I should say.

[ Edited by: helztiki 2006-04-12 13:35 ]

T

I think this bowl has a volcano that is higher than the rim. I think it'll probably work with dry ice:
http://www.paradisefoundonline.com/site/745816/product/dw110-big

MT

Thanks again for the great party, Mike, and for all of your hospitality! I always enjoy my time at the Kapili Room. See you guys at Forbidden Island!!! :D

On 2006-04-12 13:15, Blowfish wrote:
...intalking with Mike about it, the trick to making it work may be using a taller volcano to get it further out of the mix.

Or perhaps design a two chamber drinking bowl... one chamber for the dry ice effects which would allow the 'fog' to seep out the sides of the bowl, the main chamber being the drinking area with a volcano in the middle which would be further away from the escaping gas.

Hmmm... let me patent that idea real quick :wink:

i think that some of the spanish tiki mugs and bowls have this feature.

Pages: 1 2 87 replies