Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

OC Beach Burn - July 23, 2005

Pages: 1 2 68 replies

Alright, since no one can seem to put any freakin' thing together, here goes:

Who's in for a HB Beach Burn on July 23, 2005.

If you can make it post so, if not, and you're a significant TC member (i.e. Bong, Bong, Bong, Bong, or Baxdog) let me know when would be good and maybe we'll adjust the date.

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2005-06-02 14:25 ]

H

So

What would this Beach Burn entail?

(New member! Heading over to introduce myself now!)

H

On 2005-06-02 11:17, cherryjane wrote:
What would this Beach Burn entail?

Everybody brings at least one six foot tiki or bigger. We use a crane to stack 'em up. Then torch the buggers.

And then we dance:

All newcomers must also bring rum.

[ Edited by: Hakalugi on 2005-06-02 11:52 ]

I'm 100% new to this concept - what's the rationale/purpose/logic, etc?

I'd be more than happy to bring rum, if attending!

I have no idea whether to naively take your word, or to question this ritual! :-?

H

You can read and see all about last years right here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9257&forum=4

R

Tiki Bong - Thanks for picking up the torch (bad pun intended) and running with this. I am in and I will do anything needed to help you with this event.

Woo Hoo! Once again if there's anything you need help with let me know. Count Soccer Tiki and I in!!!! :)

M

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 19:43 ]

T

All right people, I gonna show this one time, and one time only. Grab my arm, grab my other arm, NO, my other arm...

Bring stuff to drink, eat, burn, rub onto Bong's nether regions.

Now plan like your life depended on it for once!

T

****** SPOSIEL ANONEMENT )))))

Hey, I got a PM that someone is having a gig on the 30th already, so my thought is to move ours up a week so as to take the wind out of his gig!

So NEW DATE JULY 23, 2005

UB

On 2005-06-02 14:26, Tiki_Bong wrote:
So NEW DATE JULY 23, 2005

I heard there might be an oil rig spill that day.

D

Dernit! Dernit! Dernnnn-it! I'll be flying home from Hawaii on the 23rd and wont be landing in LAX till after 10 that night. I'd be there if I could! I'm sooo jealous! Have fun guys...:evil: GRRRRR!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-06-02 15:25 ]

Rocknrollgirl and I are there. Let us know if you need any help. We'll figure out some way to smuggle in some Rum.

[ Edited by: SON OF MOTHRA on 2005-06-02 15:58 ]

H

23rd? Okay, I'm still in.

23rd works perfect for me! I'll be leaving for St. Petersburg, FL on Monday July 25th and not returning until the Saturday the 30th so this is perfect! At first, I thought I was gonna miss it.

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop on 2005-06-02 20:09 ]

B

Count us in, JULY 23 at the beach with tiki torches, burning fire, roasting marshmallows. Sounds good, let us know if you need any help. Where??

[ Edited by: biffachu on 2005-06-02 20:28 ]

Woo Hoo to July 23rd. Soccer Tiki and I are ready for some fun :)

OL

We got wood. We got matches. We got alcohol. I guess we're in!

C

Greg (BeelzaElvis) & I are in!

In x 2. It's kinda close to home and that's cool.

S

Bong,

We're in. Lemmie know if we can help.

***** IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT *****

Many of you have asked if you can help (and a few other things I'll take you up on later, if you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge, hop, hop, bow, bow, gasp, gasp)

The great thing is: I ask NO help from anyone! That's because it's a DO IT YOURSELF gig! If you want something bring it (except oxygen, I'll bring that).

CA

fire fire, start carv'in, fire...fire....

H

Bong you are just a tease, you get us all excited and ready to go then you tell us we are all on our own....whats up!!!!

T

On 2005-06-05 14:42, hiltiki wrote:
Bong you are just a tease, you get us all excited and ready to go then you tell us we are all on our own....whats up!!!!

That's cause I like to watch...

Perhaps some clarification is needed for those not familiar with the HB Beach Burn. Basically, we all meet at a designated spot on the beach (usually whereever Bax and Bong have chosen to erect their tents/awnings--or whatever those wall-less coverings are) This is at the State Beach where the fire pits are, hence the need for things to burn as the sun goes down. Other than the heroic volunteers who do the all-important initial set-up of and stake-out of the chosen fire pit(s), the rest is up to the individual. We are all to bring whatever it is that we want to eat, drink, lie on, sit on or be entertained by. In other words, it's a Tiki Central day at the beach. Come prepared. Oh and don't worry about the exact location of the camp. Finding it in a sea of camps is half the fun. OK, so maybe a clue or two will be provided.

Oh, and yes, we're in.

On 2005-06-05 22:05, vintagegirl wrote:
Perhaps some clarification is needed for those not familiar with the HB Beach Burn. Basically, we all meet at a designated spot on the beach (usually whereever Bax and Bong have chosen to erect their tents/awnings--or whatever those wall-less coverings are) This is at the State Beach where the fire pits are, hence the need for things to burn as the sun goes down. Other than the heroic volunteers who do the all-important initial set-up of and stake-out of the chosen fire pit(s), the rest is up to the individual. We are all to bring whatever it is that we want to eat, drink, lie on, sit on or be entertained by. In other words, it's a Tiki Central day at the beach. Come prepared. Oh and don't worry about the exact location of the camp. Finding it in a sea of camps is half the fun. OK, so maybe a clue or two will be provided.

Oh, and yes, we're in.

Just make sure you don't walk 3 miles down the beach!!

B

Sorry, not sure if we will be able to make it, will keep it in mind, if things change.

MG

We'll be there...
I might have a surfboard to sacrifice to the gods.

On 2005-06-19 14:18, MEAN GENE wrote:
We'll be there...
I might have a surfboard to sacrifice to the gods.

]
Gene dude! when I was a grommie, we'd sacrifice broken boards over street signs (man, talk about deep self-expression...).

Utopiandreem & I will be there.

Burn everything!!

MG

Ben,
Can you bring the Devo potato gun to shoot kooks out in the water so that TEAM TIKI CENTRAL can take over the peak?

H

On 2005-06-20 19:32, RevBambooBen wrote:
Burn everything!!

I've got an old couch we can burn. I've been wanting to get rid of it but I am too embarrassed to put it out for the garbage. One warning though, when this thing hits the flames be prepared to dodge all of the fleeing bugs.

On 2005-06-20 20:18, Hakalugi wrote:

On 2005-06-20 19:32, RevBambooBen wrote:
Burn everything!!

I've got an old couch we can burn. I've been wanting to get rid of it but I am too embarrassed to put it out for the garbage. One warning though, when this thing hits the flames be prepared to dodge all of the fleeing bugs.

Hak-

You should bring that sucka down to 7th st HB for the next 4th o July Riot!! Right Bong??

Mean- Shelved the DeVo tator cannon for a while. Need betta data. I do have some good ol " stunt man fire works" from a good ol' cowboy friend. The 4th is before so they might disapear. If so, I'll soak some Bamboo! Ever heard bamboo sound like an m-80?? Just keep the kids away from the fire. Who cares about the adults. arrrrrrrrrr!!!

On 2005-06-20 20:58, RevBambooBen wrote:

You should bring that sucka down to 7th st HB for the next 4th o July Riot!! Right Bong??

For sure!

CA

just saw a huge full moon rise above the HB pits.... orange flames... orange moon!! fantastic... when is the full moon in July?? we burn then!!!

Good call Al. Next full moon is Thursday July 21st. On Saturday the 23rd the moon won't rise until 10:05pm (as opposed to 8:50pm on the 21st)...

I'm all for moving the Beachburn to Thursday July 21st but I bet it won't go over well with our 9-5 working brethren.

A Thursday will never work for the Burn. Weekends are the only way to go. We have to keep the momentum going on the Burn! Won't this will be the 3rd Annual? Are we doing this instead of International Tiki Day? What's up with that?

XOXOX

T

On 2005-06-30 22:43, KukuiNut wrote:
A Thursday will never work for the Burn. Weekends are the only way to go. We have to keep the momentum going on the Burn! Won't this will be the 3rd Annual? Are we doing this instead of International Tiki Day? What's up with that?

XOXOX

Kukui! What up sweetheart (don't let Baxdog know I said that)?

Re: International Tiki Day, the founder of which, the Tiki BOng 2000, will be in Alaska on that memorial date. However! I do hope my brethren and sistren will do it up big!

Hey, I just made this International Tiki Day custom up! The 3rd ITD celebration is one in which the founder is idolized in all his supposed glory...

DZ

I'm definitely in, and I'll be bringin' the high-octane tiki jello again, too! Considering that the sun doesn't set until 8 anyhow and we have to leave the beach by 10, I wouldn't worry about trying to match up the date/time with the full moon - Saturday is the only way to go.

Fire! Fire! Fire!

Did someone say 'afterparty'?

H

I am in

I am doing my best to be there. My brother and his daughter are arriving from the deep south that day, so hopefully they will be up for an excursion to the beach! They are southern fried tiki virgin hillbillies, so I will remind them to leave the Jimmy Buffett back home!

Laura and I will be there with lighters in hand...Fire Fire....Yay

T
TNTiki posted on Mon, Jul 4, 2005 6:15 PM

It is very nice of you guys to celebrate my birthday with a beach burn. Thank you, all.

T

On 2005-07-04 18:15, TNTiki wrote:
It is very nice of you guys to celebrate my birthday with a beach burn. Thank you, all.

Hey, anytime.

Pages: 1 2 68 replies