Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Somthing I like

Pages: 1 20 replies

T

I just realized that I really like watching, on the news, the reaction of the children that win the national spelling bee.

I don't typically get personal pleasure from other people's accomplishments, but for some reason this does it.

Please share your thoughts on this.

But please do it inside your own head. Do not do it on TC. And please be quiet so as not to wake up your wife/husband/son/daughter/prostitute/postman/Tiki Bong.

Hurrah Finola Hackett!!

T

I lyke to wach the speling bee two becaws I kan lern sumthin.

Me fail english , Thats umpossible.

J
john posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2005 2:18 PM

On 2005-06-03 10:15, thejab wrote:
I lyke to wach the speling bee two becaws I kan lern sumthin.

werd!

Hooray for Powegians!

T

On 2005-06-03 11:14, rodeotiki wrote:

Me fail english , Thats umpossible.

Hey! Did you take the Unga Bunga Tiki Central Posting Course?

UB

:D

UB

By the way Professor Bong, you missed spelled “Something”

Here here. I'm with Bong. I can't emphasise enough the importance of instilling a healthy respect for the proper pronounciation, grammer and spelling of the English language in today's youth. Without that we're just a bunch of shaved apes, grunting and growling and throwing shit at each other.

T

On 2005-06-03 19:28, Unga Bunga wrote:

Unga,

I can see you really pick up on subtle humor.

You see, I purposely misspelled the word 'something' because the body of the post was about 'SPELLING'. Get it?

Now, practice this unique form of subtle humor in some of your link postings!

On 2005-06-04 07:10, Tiki_Bong wrote:

On 2005-06-03 19:28, Unga Bunga wrote:

Unga,

I can see you really pick up on subtle humor.

You see, I purposely misspelled the word 'something' because the body of the post was about 'SPELLING'. Get it?

Now, practice this unique form of subtle humor in some of your link postings!

Doh! Late night rum post.
By the way, I'm probably the worst speller on TC.
Anyway, I still love ya Bong.

T

I will have to say I like you too Unga (in a gay way ONLY)

Horay for Powegians!

J

On 2005-06-03 23:37, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Here here. I'm with Bong. I can't emphasise enough the importance of instilling a healthy respect for the proper pronounciation, grammer and spelling of the English language in today's youth. Without that we're just a bunch of shaved apes, grunting and growling and throwing shit at each other.

Hehe... you spelled "Grammar" wrong, ape-boy! Uga uga! :)

Spelling is fun!

[ Edited by: joefla70 on 2005-06-06 12:42 ]

You might like the documentary Spellbound, (not to be confused with the Alfred Hitchcock classic of the same name, also good, but in a different way!)

It follows the lives of 4 kids as they prepare for the Scripps Howard National Spelling bee, it's pretty good.

"Tiki Bong....T-E-E-K-E-Y-B-O-N-G....Tiki Bong"

"Hooker....H-O-O-K-

"Tanqueray....T-A-N-Q-U-E-R-A-Y....Tanqueray"

"(Burp)"

"There ain't no such word as FLABOHJAH"

"H-O-L-Y-B-U-T-T-F---K-E-R-O-F-J-E-S-U-S"

"fo' sheezy mah neezy...."

"DIRTY SANCHEZ.... Can I have that used in a sentence?"

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2005-06-10 01:48 ]

Classic Sabu! Now I remember why I adopted you at such an errie age.

K

On 2005-06-03 23:37, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Here here.

Noble sentiments, however the correct term here is "Hear, hear". It's an expression used in English Parliament to convey something akin to "Hear, all ye who might hear something profound and eloquent forthcoming..."."Here, here" is as confusing as "childish" round-trip translations of "Always wear underwear" into the Latin phrase "Semper ubi sub ubi". Always (where?) under (where?).

I'm with Bong. I can't emphasise enough the importance of instilling a healthy respect for the proper pronounciation, grammer

It's grammar. (This has been pointed out by another poster.)

The word descends from the same Greek root word for letters, grammaton, but don't quote me. I studied Latin, not Greek, though I accumulated what Greek I have via the usual round-about sources...

I think this country misses out by no longer offering Latin in its school systems. It's the masterkey to our language, and those of most speakers who reside in the Americas. It's easily worth 100 points on the Verbal component of the SAT.

=Kukoae=

Ok, OK (or should that be okay, okay) you've made your point. My spelling stinks on ice. I have to pull out my driver's license to spell my own name. I'm going to retire to my cave now. I've got some hieroglyphics to sort out.

On 2005-06-12 18:34, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Ok, OK (or should that be okay, okay).

It's originally spelled OK. It's generally accepted to be a contraction of "Oll Korrekt," so I wouldn't worry too much about spelling it wrong. :D

Pages: 1 20 replies