Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Looking for Artists

Pages: 1 16 replies

I am currently looking for two artists to join the "Tom Goes to the Mayor" crew. We will be starting our second season in a couple of weeks and need artists who not only have great perspective drawing skills but are also excellent at Photoshop. We were going to add one artist to the crew, but I have since lost one to rock 'n roll touring so I am rebuilding my department and have two available spots. It would be great if you have an online portfolio as well. Drop me an email if you are interested!

T

Is this on-site work or remote?

It's on site in Hollywood.....typical 40 hour week stuff

T

Sub-P,

How's about needing an OFFICIAL tiki band - The Smokin' Menehunes?

I can work a copy machine & rarely staple myself to reports, is that good? :D

PS - Tom goes to the Mayor was voted #241 on the "Sound Opinions Message Board"'s"Top 351 TV Shows" Poll, beating out such shows as Monday Night Raw, Monkey Dust, The King Of Queens, & Sound Opinions itself. :lol:

M

#241 of #351 sounds about right. Hate to say it, sub-p, but that show stinks. I sat down and watched Adultswim with my son one night (he's an addict), and when TGTTM came on, I just frankly didn't find it very funny. So, I asked my son (who's 10 and a cartoon aficionado), if he liked the show, and he said "they need better writers. The jokes are stupid". Out of the mouths of babes.

Needless to say, this has nothing to do with the art direction, which is excellent. I hope you find much success with this project.

Rae

PS - Tom goes to the Mayor was voted #241 on the "Sound Opinions Message Board"'s"Top 351 TV Shows" Poll, beating out such shows as Monday Night Raw, Monkey Dust, The King Of Queens, & Sound Opinions itself. :lol:

Honestly, I wouldn't let my kid watch the show......it is geared towards an adult crowd anyhow, so a lot of the humor will be lost on a ten year old. I'm sure something like Robot Chicken is more to his liking. By the way, I also help write sometimes and I like the humor. But I do understand that it is not everyone's cup of tea. So I assume you won't be dropping off your portfolio? :wink:

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan on 2005-06-03 23:10 ]

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan on 2005-06-03 23:15 ]

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan on 2005-06-03 23:42 ]

M

Yes, yes....more Robot Chicken please. Honestly, I think it's my juvenile humor that does not allow me to appreciate the genius that I'm sure TGTTM is...but I have have to watch cartoons with my son, so he can explain them to me. The story lines are so complex now. If it doesn't involve an anvil being dropped on a head, or someone falling on a banana, I just don't get it...@;-)

"Robot Chicken is more to his liking."
<

UJ

Crap.. I wished I lived out there. I'm a degreed artist. & I need a job.

Haha! No hard feelings! I admit, it is a hard pill for many to swallow, but it is the most satisfying gig of my career! We have found that people either really love the show or hate it passionately! Give it another chance though! It's like your first beer...bitter and foul but you know you're supposed to like it! Haha! Hey Unkle John, yeah that would be one hell of a commute!

Make a cartoon out of Crazy Al!!! seriously!

I always wanted to do voice over work for cartoons and such.

And yeah.. I'd have to leave saturday morning to get there by monday!

Hey, Suburbanpagan, were you visible in the live-action "behind the scenes" episode that just aired?

K

Mr.Ben, Crazy Al is a cartoon...

hey tikijackalope........if you saw me you were lucky enough to not have sneezed or blinked! I think I had about .6 seconds of screen time! That's what I get for not being an editor! By the way, a cartoon just couldn't do C'Al justice!

hey SP,

You work on "Robot Chicken"? I tried to get work on that show making puppet clothing, but the fellow though I was too expensive..even though we never discussed money.

First time I've lost a job because the quality of my work looks too good!

no, I work on "Tom Goes to the Mayor"...an equally low paying gig!

Pages: 1 16 replies