Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Self Improvement is a progression

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

It's true. The road to self-improvement is a series of small steps.

The ability to say 'I was wrong', shows great maturity and respect for others.

I'm working up to the ability to say 'I was wrong'.

But I'm first starting out with the ability to say 'you were wrong'.

(hey, it's a start)

Z

Since I'm rarely wrong (bah-hahaha!) I'm fond of the "Casablanca" defense, and use, "I was misinformed."

M

I'm wrong all the time and I admit it all the time and I dont think it has really done anything good for me.

The key is to stop being wrong......

T

That's similar to my boss' classic line when he's screwed up or doesn't remember something he was supposed to do: 'There must have been a miscommunication'.

You cant really have a comeback for that one. Its bulletproof. He's off the hook. Bunch of arse!

It was wrong of me to respond to this thread. I admit it.

B

two wrongs don't make a right, but its somewhaere on the road to self improvement. I think...I could be wrong.

drink more! spew less!

B

Self-improvement means up-grading one's liquer cabinet, and spewing is what one does when they don't. Friends don't let friends drink cheap rum. :drink:

M

It sounds like someone needs a shovel...

DZ

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

I hate being wrong. Especially when you have to eat humble pie and say "I'm sorry". So, I try and not being wrong.

On the occassion that I am wrong...I hate myself for this, but sometimes I try skirting around the "I was wrong, I'm sorry". When I'm being especially disagreeable, I come up with creative ways of explaining why I did or said what I said in a way that 1) makes me look like I actually made an informed decision; 2) makes it look like it really wasn't my fault; 3) makes it look like the other person is partially to blame for my actions.

I've used some lame apologies like: "I'm sorry you feel that way" or "I'm sorry you think that way". I know it's terrible, because it's NOT taking responsibility. Pride and Stubborness!

I'll blame the Capricorn in me (SEE I'M DOING IT AGAIN) and the fact that I've been working in the legal field for way too long. I argue my way into leaving wiggle room or reasonable doubt and damn...you learn too many ways of changing the focus of the argument, leading the subject manner in another direction. I think I need a job change.

On 2005-06-19 09:58, CheekyGirl wrote:
I hate being wrong.

CheekG, the good thing is that you don't have to be wrong. In 99.83771% of all arguments, the truth is relative and is only proven right by vigorous argument!

If the facts are with you, argue the facts.

If the facts are against you, pound the table ...

Pages: 1 11 replies