Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Birthday party cake

Pages: 1 17 replies

I'm not sure if this should be on this board but I did a search and I can't find any other cakes ...this is one my daughter and I made for my her birthday party and I also entered it into a pillsbury baking contest....it is suppose to be a tiki cake......

http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictures.jsp?aid=67b0de21b355e988c4ef&name=&lid=Albums1&lpos=Thumbs

Is anyone interested in having a board on ideas for decorating for parties....
making table displays and sharing ideas?

[ Edited by: BambooPrincess on 2005-06-08 04:00 ]

[ Edited by: BambooPrincess on 2005-06-08 04:03 ]

[ Edited by: BambooPrincess on 2005-06-08 04:48 ]

Sweet Topic!...ha, cough...yes

Nice job on the cake, it's harder than one might consider...with a sheet cake you almost have to just draw any design on being careful not to wreck the actual cake.

It's hard to use relief...adding bits to make the cake had dimension using the frosting for morter, and building it.

You can add toys on top, and try to stick with the theme...that's kind of the easy way out.

Pineapple shaped cakes, and volcano cakes (baked in bowls, upsidedown) are not too wierd...they are kookie, and always add a nice tropical feel to any gathering.

I like putting little prizes (Charms)in a cake too.

Coins from island nations(always have the queen of England on them)

Most frosting is actually either a thin line or a gloppy hard to place color.

I thought doing a New Zealand Maori face would be doable and kind of cool...Lots of lines and dots, which are easy enough, and of course the toungue. (which can be made of spam adding to the Pacific Island feel.

People in the cake business use thin layers of white chocolate skin, draped over the cake. These can be airbrushed or patterns applied more easily than an actual cake. (Leopard is pretty chic)

I bet a certain Ms Capri would be another person to ask for ideas.

Great topic!

T

My husband and I made these one day, for no particular reason:

[ Edited by: tikifish on 2005-06-08 07:03 ]

OL

The tiki image is by my friend Pearl Beach. It was scanned and printed on the cake at the bakery.

WOW! I love your cupcakes, and the other cake is nice to....Thanks for sharing.....I used two large bread pans to make the tiki..I used regular icing to stick the two of them together.Then I cut off one side to make it even so it could stand up....I'm planning on making another one soon....It really wasn't that difficult and my daughter had alot of fun making it....

How do I post my pictures from shutterfly so everyone can see them ....it keeps asking for friends email addresses ...I don't know if anyone has the answer but if you do please post it.....
Thank you

Here is another picture...??? let me see if this works ; )

R

mmmmmm cake. Damit now I am hungry.
Welcome aboard BambooPrincess.
Here are some links on posting your photos

here and also here

Thank you rodeotiki ; )
Here are some of the other pictures from the party...

RR

This was for my son's 6th birthday.

The doughnut eyes were his idea.

WOW! I love your cake Rob Roy...it is so cool! ; )
any other ideas for decorations .....

Nice cake!

My sister made me a tiki B-day cake based off one of Bosko's mask designs. It came out great. Too bad I didn't take any pictures before we ate the hell out of it. Doh!

[ Edited by: SON OF MOTHRA on 2005-06-08 10:11 ]

*On 2005-06-08 09:51, BambooPrincess wrote: *any other ideas for decorations? .....
Weeeeellll (plug, plug) you could check out the latest/inaugural issue of "Tiki Magazine" (plug, plug), in which the fabulous Mz Cherry Capri DOES give festive party tips. (Not my magazine, but I feel free to plug it anyway :wink:)

My favorite: "And for me, a table is not complete without FIRE!!"

RR

On 2005-06-08 10:10, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:
Too bad I didn't take any pictures before we ate the hell out of it. Doh!

That has happened to me a few times with my kid's cakes that I made.

M

Years ago for my birthday I added a small fireworks "fountain of sparks" to the top of my Volcano birthday cake (made by Neldams bakery of Oakland) and lit it off in the front yard. I did a litle dance and jumped over the cake. A fun time was had by all until.......the cake was cut and the partygoers discovered small chunks of sulfur-y fireworks goodness embedded in the icing!!! Crunchy, crunchy!

I can tell you right now, that mr. pineapple is happy I don't know how to post photos on TC. For his 40th birthday, I took a picture of him in a pineapple cut out (the kind you stick your head through, and the body is the cutout...) to Albertsons and they put it on a sheet cake! it was awesome. If anyone out there has a picture of it, I give you permission to post it!

I really like the cupcakes, and the donut eye moai...some of Ashley's cakes are pretty cool too!

MMMmmm, tiki...

You guys are so creative! Taking the appreciation of Tiki to a whole-body experience - see the tiki, smell the tiki, touch the tiki, hear the tiki, EAT the tiki! I like it~

B

Now Those are SWEET Pieces. The only problem with them is they don't last.

Pages: 1 17 replies