Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

where there is smoke there is fire

Pages: 1 15 replies

which do you prefer.

smoke:

or fire:

I think both are equally exciting visually, but I feel a little bit more comfortable around the smoke drinks for some reason.

you can pass your hand through the smoke; but not the fire.

H

Fire for sure.

On 2005-06-14 21:59, dangergirl299 wrote:
I think both are equally exciting visually, but I feel a little bit more comfortable around the smoke drinks for some reason.

you can pass your hand through the smoke; but not the fire.

And you call yourself DANGERGIRL?!

I prefer FIRE... besides, I'm afraid some of my friends would be stupid (or drunk) enough to touch the ice. Talk about a burn!

[
And you call yourself DANGERGIRL?!

Oh, I'm mostly harmless...
:wink:

fire! burn it! burn it!

(image @ the Mai Kai by ikitnrev)

Let me clarify my opinion re fire.
I get paid (rather handsomely) to imagine worst case scenarios for my clients and recommend moderate courses to take to avoid them.

If a restaurant client came up to me and asked "should I have flaming drinks, or dry ice drinks?" I would probably recommend the ice; because generally open flame + drinks unsupervised by owner/manager + drunk folks who have no ownership interest in the place + flammable materials like bamboo, matting, etc all around = higher insurance at the very least, plus a potentially expensive/deadly "worst case scenario"

but take off my lawyer hat and give me a stiff drink and I will say "mmm, fire pretty...."

Thus, as long as you have good insurance, a nearby fire extinguisher, have treated all your flammable decor with the appropriate stuff and at least ONE relatively sober person is keeping an eye on things, go for it.

One of my favorite shots is at the Zombie Hut in Brooklyn. They squirt a ring of 150 around the shot glasses, on the bartop, then set that ablaze along with soaked lemon caps on the lip of the shots! So hot!

(Bar top is made of stainless steel)

Were a wild crowd.
Let's have both.

Now your talking Unga Both and lots of them

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jun 16, 2005 4:56 PM

Fire!!!

Except my girlfriend would not stop playing with it, and if she was drunk, it could end badly. Little pyro she is.

H

Fire!!!

Except my girlfriend would not stop playing with it, and if she was drunk, it could end badly. Little pyro she is.

H

Fire!!!

B

Fire!!!

Except my wife would not stop playing with it, and if she was drunk, it could end badly. Little pyro she is.

KK

Hewey, BM- what exactly are these wives/girlfriends playing with that might get "too hot"?!?

H
hewey posted on Mon, Jun 20, 2005 9:43 PM

Sorry. Not quite sure what the hell I did there. How did I manage to triple post? Is this a new record?

I will leave it so everyone can laugh at my lame ass efforts.

Where there is a triple post there is an inept computer user?
(jeez I hope this only posts once...)

Pages: 1 15 replies