Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Thoughts for a NEW Creating Tiki Forum Structure....

Pages: 1 2 54 replies

TG

I second that.............

M

Who is the owner of this fine website?
Has anyone contacted him about their concerns?
Wes

B

Hanford L is. He is continually watching and if one will read the whole thread, they would find hanford has posted input more than a few times. He sees the issues and he hears them from us. Personally I think Many of the requests are making it far too complicated.
Right noe it is simple, If it is tiki and created by anyone here, post it here weather it be a lamp, tiki, picture frame, mug, jewelry, books painting, cartoon, home bar, and the tools used to makeall those things and more. I don't think we should have a catagory for Everything or everyone as that would really Complicate it to no end. We need to catagorize a few general sections and work with it for awhile. Look at the forums. They are simple and effective but just overloaded.
Re simplify and find out how to spread the load around tostreamline it.
Thanks

C

From the view point of a newer member of tiki central I get inspiration from all mediums.I found if you are interested in posts from a particular artist go to the member list and you can see every post they have made.If it was broken down to separate mediums I would still check them all out!

Sounds like a good idea...
sometimes the "search" can be pretty annoying when you find thousands of posts. this can clean it up a bit

T

I like this idea.
I agree with what some people are saying about how some artists span multiple media, and how that might create additional topics, but I also think that if you're only in the mood to browse, and you don't really care what you're checking out, the organization issue is less important.
I think sub-categories would be most useful for people that just want to focus their browsing experience a bit, like if you're looking for some new carving ideas, or if you're curious about what other people have done in the field of painting tikis but have never tried it yourself. That way you have the freedom to browse without the limitations of a search, but you can still focus in on just the stuff that would be most useful at that time.
Brilliant idea, really!

I agree with G. There are many areas, particularly tiki carving (which, yes, was the root and foundation when the Carving Post became Creating Tiki), that get buried. I agree on subdividing the topics, and would be willing to help, although it would have to be done somehow methodically, as there are so many pages.

Pages: 1 2 54 replies