Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Free Printmaking Tools/Inks/Brayers/Lino Cutters

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Want to make some tiki art? I am giving away this collection of lino printmaking tools for free to whoever wants it to make some tiki art! I only ask that you pay me shipping. These belonged to my dad - he took up printmaking after he retired. I was just going through a box of his old stuff today and put this lot together... Let me know if you are interested....

I have never tried print making, looks like fun. I am sure there is someone who would make better use of it than me.

S
SES posted on Sat, Jun 25, 2005 7:32 PM

Tikifish try it. It's easy to do and fun. I used to do this long ago.

T

I have done it before, but it makes a big mess! Not a good hobby to take up in the all-white space age condo...

Fourcrows is the happy taker of this lot, thanks!

Congrats Fourcrows! Lino printing is my favorite of the printing techniques! Very generous of you tikifish! Kudos!

Nice of you to offer these up, tikifish... Knowing nothing about the process, I would have been a total dork with this equipment in hand. That's not to say that I'm not a dork anyhow though!

http://www.samgambino.com

Im just happy to pass on the stuff to someone who will use it. Its hard when a parent dius, to know what to do with all the stuff. You want to keep it all, buy you can't. My mom is moving from the house I grew up in, so therefore a lot of things are coming up to light that we have to deal with - this box was one of them! there was some fun stuff in it I kept for myself though. I can't wait to see what fourcrows does with it!

Thanks so much TikiFish, this is such an incredibly sweet thing!! TC is an amazing place!

I promise to show everything...

I'm doing the finishing touches on a small Maoi right now...(I was carving it when I saw TF's post) ....I'll set up a pic as soon as I'm happy with it.

so, again, thank you (insert some kind of jumpy tiki guy clip here)...I'll be back with some pics later...
Robin

S

Tikifish....the fact that you offered these to fellow TCers for free tells alot about you. That was a very sweet and cool thing to do.

Pages: 1 9 replies