Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Vise Quitting............

Pages: 1 26 replies

BB

I am now 2 weeks and 1 day smoke free!! Yipee!!(after a 2 pack a day habbit for 15 years!) Feelin great and gaining some much needed weight (6'1" @ 165, no bueno!) It is not that bad on the patch. I'm on step 2 now and I recomend it the way to go if you need to quit! If any other TC-r's out there need to post about their Vice Quitting post it here. A life saving thread!

A

Ben,
Congratulations!!!. Good for you!!!. Keep it up.
AL

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2002-11-01 20:25 ]

jsut stick to it man, I quit 3 years ago and I can sit around people who are smoking now and still be totally fine.

Hey by the way I told a friend of mine who was looking to get a bar for his home about your sale, he should be hitting you pretty soon. The guy's name is Chris he has a Hot Rod shop in Foutain Valley.

Ben,
CONGRATULATIONS! It's great to hear news like this. I too had a vice that I overcame about 10 years ago (after years of denial and losing lots of $$$). I know its not easy but HANG IN THERE. You've already won half the battle!

Hey Ben, that's ULTRA cool!

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Nov 4, 2002 3:15 PM

You're almost there. From what I understand, 30 days free is pretty much free, on a physiological basis. But then, I suppose, they patch means you are still getting the drug, but it's getting closer.

The great thing about quitting smoking is that the lungs will clean themselves out. A few years of non-smoking and you can't tell an ex-smoker's lungs from a never smokers lungs. They get remarkably clean in just a year. Much of the damage is reversable.

TK

I am on year four myself. The only thing I miss now is the acoutroments. After 20 years of "lighter, smokes, keys, wallet" it took a while to stop feeling like I was forgetting something. One of the best things, no more death rattle in the morning!

I have been a quitter for 2 years, 27 days, 7 hours 23 minutes and 13 seconds.

14 seconds

15 seconds

16 seconds, well I guess yall get it. Hey man, It is the best thing I ever done. Hang in there!

Yee Ha!! 1 Month tomarrow! Just starting to hack up the crap! I heard through the grape vine that another tc-er quit the other day. He had 1 too many at the Big ol tiki Bash! Good luck Dude! We are with you!!

I'm not a smoker myself, but plan to start smoking heavily at age 70. I'll probably start with cigars, then move onto a pipe. I also plan heavy drug use as well. I can never understand why young folk ruin their pink lungs with smoke when it's obvious that tobacco is the ideal kick for old people with little physical energy, but with a need for a chemical or natural boost.

Not a popular idea, but hey...

Trader Woody

fell off 5 weeks in. will try again soon. sorry folks. this (habbit) is truly worse than any other drug.

A

You can do it Ben. Keep trying.
Al

Smoking harder to quit than Heroin
its about as addictive

MC

keep on trying.
It's almost impossible to get the hang of something on the first, second, or hundreth attempt.
At first you don't succeed, try, try, again.
Good luck.

Yeah Ben, keep trying. In the immortal words of my buddy, "Quitting smoking is easy - I do it all the time!"

You can do it Ben.

I was given some incentive to stop smoking from my wife....if you know what I mean. It has been a great two years and counting....if you know what I mean!

You mean she'll start smoking 'the big pipe' if you stop smoking the 'little cigs'?

Yeah, my mind is in the ashtray.

You got it man! A married man will do almost anything for a blowjob! Pussy is the only reason a man buys jewlery, flowers, etc...

T

You buy flowers for your cat?

I was watching a tv report they said quitting smoking was nearly impossible FUCK THEM FUCK YOU ALL WE WILL SE WHO HAS WILL POWER BE-ATCH
ok hehe just a little ranting but boy does it feel good to be smoke free

another day of not smoking !

Ben knows my story, but I like to rub it in when ever I get a chance.
This May 8th will be 9 years since I stopped smoking and drinking on the same day.
And I cannot explain why the hypnotizing worked so well, I guess I was really ready.
Now last night we were at Wes from House of Tiki's birthday party and twice the bartender put my wife's Mai Tai in my fruit juice cup, the first I was able to spit out.
(and that was a pretty sight)
But the second was gone before I knew it.
So tech-nick-li I have not had a sip that I put in my mouth on porpoise.
I hope I can stay strong, but I gotta tell ya there are days when it sure sounds good.
I just try and remember, facing your problems is a given, but it is your choice to do it hungover or not. If they went away when you drank, I would be drunk all day.
If you are trying to stop, don't get angry and all freaked out when it does not work. Just regroup and try again, maybe a different way, but don't give up.
So Ben try again and remember whatever you need Tiki Central is behind you.
___________ WE LOVE YOU MAN!!!________

so far so good I really dont want to smoke its more I didi it because it was something to do

T

Coming up on day 2. Still want to rip my eyes out.

Pages: 1 26 replies