Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Ebay: Tiki Necklace's Handcast in Stone

Pages: 1 40 replies

Here are a pair :D of Tiki God Necklaces up for auction for a Great Price!!

[auctions removed]

I DIG THE MODEL!
:D

[ Edited by: surfinstro 2005-07-13 00:18 ]

[ Edited by: surfinstro 2005-07-13 00:19 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - removed auction listings - 2005-07-22 13:39 ]

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 6:24 AM

Do those puppies come with the necklace - nice :)

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 6:27 AM

Do those puppies come with the necklace - nice :)

T

Hewey, did you get alittle excited and double post. I over heard a women refer to that as double-clicking the mouse. :D

Surfinstro, you say those are rock hard. Interesting.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 6:57 AM

Mate, my girlfreind loved the pic too. Suggested something similar, with her camera...

Now I'm really getting excited :)

I have more Tiki's up for auction:

[auctions removed]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - removed auction listings - 2005-07-22 13:40 ]

I guess you only want men to buy your necklaces then. Men, and lesbians?

If I was gonna get a necklace it would be from bdler3 and as for the castings Badmojo is the man ,since they were here first and all.

[ Edited by: rodeotiki 2005-07-13 10:15 ]

Oh wait a second, my mistake, I thought those were BREASTS! Now I realize it is a man's bottom. So the potential female buyers wil be pleased after all!

On 2005-07-13 10:12, rodeotiki wrote:
If I was gonna get a necklace it would be from bdler3 [ Edited by: rodeotiki 2005-07-13 10:15 ]

Oh, REALLY? No more Thong of Power for you.

On 2005-07-13 10:32, purple jade wrote:

On 2005-07-13 10:12, rodeotiki wrote:
If I was gonna get a necklace it would be from bdler3 [ Edited by: rodeotiki 2005-07-13 10:15 ]

Oh, REALLY? No more Thong of Power for you.

That is if I wanted a knockoff hanging around my neck. But only the purple thong of power will satisfy. so till then my neck shall remain undecorated...

On 2005-07-13 10:21, tikifish wrote:
Oh wait a second, my mistake, I thought those were BREASTS! Now I realize it is a man's bottom. So the potential female buyers wil be pleased after all!

Bum necklaces! what a good idea!

E
eel posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 10:58 AM

it is very interesting that surfinstro buys items made by other Tiki Central Members, makes copies, then turns around and tries to re-sell them here. Huh?

On 2005-07-13 10:58, eel wrote:
it is very interesting that surfinstro buys items made by other Tiki Central Members, makes copies, then turns around and tries to re-sell them here. Huh?

tries. exactly.

T

Hey Tikifish, don't forget baby in your original statement. They seem to like those things too.

M

On 2005-07-13 10:58, eel wrote:

So Surfinstro -

Did you learn that on a "make it rich on ebay" course or is that your own original idea?

On 2005-07-20 14:16, bdler3 wrote:
Now he is using me as a reference. can't you play all by yourself
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7701798934&category=29460&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1
mom make him stop picking on me

eBay: "STONE" TIKI GOD NECKLACE COLORS* NEW! $1.00 SHIPPING!

"LOOK AT THIS AUCTION TO SEE WHAT THEY REALLY SELL FOR:"

Those look a little simillar.

[ Edited by: MachTiki 2005-07-21 12:29 ]

Surfinstro -- your auctions have looked similar to a number of TCers' works -- TipsyMcStagger/bdler3's, badmojo's, now bamzeno's... what's going on here? Have you made legal arrangements with these people? Your auctions appear very suspect, and until this is cleared up, I think all the artists here on TC have reason to be worried that they might start seeing auctions under your name that look an awful lot like their own creations.

Critiki - Hundreds of tiki bars, Polynesian restaurants, and other sites of interest to the tiki traveller, collector or urban archaeologist

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-07-21 12:43 ]

Surfinstro,
Whats up? Hey I like your live365 staion and have been a fan for awhile. However, You need to come clean with where your getting your goods. Does Tikifreaks know you are not only selling knock off's of their necklaces, but that you are also pinching their graphics from their site to use on your ebay auctions?
Did you ask permission from Capt Skully to use his image on your live365 site?
Bro, if you haven't I suggest you start apologizing and start asking permission. We are an understanding bunch (most of us anyways) but we also watch one another backs around here. Come clean now and I am sure all will be forgiven. Otherwise this has the potential to explode in your face.

Just another Chongolio for peace on TC

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully 2005-07-24 18:37 ]

T

On 2005-07-21 17:00, Capt'n Skully wrote:

(Turbogod even asked me if he could use it on his desktop that I'd never even see!!!)

Here is the Capt.'s work proudly displayed.

Good Lord!!! Who cares about the necklace, I want those big boobies!!! Surfinstro, can I bid on those? Please?

APOLOGIZE??? For what?? TIKI(for the most part) IS PUBLIC DOMAIN. How long have all the basic designs been around for? Moai? Ku? Tangaroa? Oh sure, we add a few design changes and think we're DaVinci. Think about it. That's all I'm saying, just think about it.

[ Edited by: SwampCreature 2005-07-21 23:04 ]

On 2005-07-21 22:54, SwampCreature wrote:
Good Lord!!! Who cares about the necklace, I want those big boobies!!! Surfinstro, can I bid on those? Please?

APOLOGIZE??? For what?? TIKI(for the most part) IS PUBLIC DOMAIN. How long have all the basic designs been around for? Moai? Ku? Tangaroa? Oh sure, we add a few design changes and think we're DaVinci. Think about it. That's all I'm saying, just think about it.

[ Edited by: SwampCreature 2005-07-21 23:04 ]

"We"? Who is this "we" you refer to? You got a frog in your pocket?

And I think Jesus and Mary might have been considered PUBLIC DOMAIN too, but I believe it was little "design changes" that made a DaVinci a DaVinci.

You may be right, I don't know. How's 'bout I put a moustache and beard on the "Mona Lisa" and call it my own?? Would that work?

"Jesus and Mary"?? Now you're crossing into the land of mythology. Do we really want to go there? Is Zeus PUBLIC DOMAIN? Who cares.

[ Edited by: SwampCreature 2005-07-21 23:53 ]

Who has a copy rights on anything here?? Really
I pay monthly for the right to play surf on live365. I don't make a fuckin' penny.
I do it to promote surf music and my friends who play surf.
If you don't like turn the fucking station off.
Who's right's have I infringed on here??
All I'm doing is promoting Artists work.

Don't worry buddy. You've stepped into the land of the self rightous.

Capt'n Skully
Take it as a compliment. Your artwork is fantastic!!

T

On 2005-07-21 23:40, surfinstro wrote:
Who has a copy rights on anything here?? Really...

All I'm doing is promoting Artists work.

Hey, good idea! I've decided to make up some necklaces of my own, and sell them on ebay. Take a look:

I mean, the artist doesn't have it copyrighted, right? I'm just promoting his work. And the model that the necklace is hanging on isn't copyrighted, right? I'm just promoting her assets. I'm going to use her in all my auctions from now on, even if it isn't a necklace I'm selling. She should help increase traffic a little, I'd say. Good deal!

ALWAYS ASK FOR PERMISSION!

For every image that was ( and will be ) on the Tiki Gardens Memorial that I didn't own the actual object I did a simple little thing. I asked permission, and promised to credit the owner as they wished to be credited.

It is the right thing to do. It avoids all this B.S. And gives the owners of the image a sense of being involved in something they wish to contribute to.

Oh and as to all the Saxon cursing ( which I've been known to engage in ) I do believe Hanford has rules about that.

T

Looks like bamzeno beat him at his own game! Check out the first line (image) of the auction text. Used to be ripped off graphics linked directly to the tikifreaks.com site. Well, the graphics are still linked, but they've changed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7702002686&category=29460&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Too Funny!! Touche bamzeno!

R
Rain posted on Fri, Jul 22, 2005 8:42 AM

i was wondering what was up with that banner. nicely done.

On 2005-07-21 23:38, SwampCreature wrote:
You may be right, I don't know. How's 'bout I put a moustache and beard on the "Mona Lisa" and call it my own?? Would that work?

Marcel Duchamp did it already, in 1919.

[ Edited by: cynfulcynner 2005-07-22 09:23 ]

H

Obviously, Bamzeno has made his position on this pretty clear through his changing of the graphics lifted from the Tiki Freaks website. These necklaces are his design, and selling them is illegal.

This tiki-designs-don't-have-copywrites argument is not new, and it's not any more correct this time than the last time I heard it.

I am taking this out of TC and into the real world. Surfinstro, call me if you want to discuss this further you have my number. As Humuhumu said it is an old argument and TC does not need another flaming thread.

Swamp Creature- I have made mistakes and have been on both sides of this argument. Self righteous, not by a long shot, humble enough to admit when I am wrong that I am.

When you boil it all down, taking something that does not belong to without permission is wrong. No matter how you rationalize it.

End of story.
Chongolio

HAHAHAHAHA, That is great.
nice work Sabu..

On 2005-07-22 08:18, tikigreg wrote:
Looks like bamzeno beat him at his own game! Check out the first line (image) of the auction text. Used to be ripped off graphics linked directly to the tikifreaks.com site. Well, the graphics are still linked, but they've changed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7702002686&category=29460&ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1

Too Funny!! Touche bamzeno!

Way to go Bammy!

T

Surfinstro, You bin served.

B

On 2005-07-22 11:44, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

My new screen saver!
This is a classic Sabu!

H

Love that cartoon sabu.

B

"Who has a copy rights on anything here?? Really
I pay monthly for the right to play surf on live365. I don't make a fuckin' penny.
I do it to promote surf music and my friends who play surf.
If you don't like turn the fucking station off.
Who's right's have I infringed on here??
All I'm doing is promoting Artists work. "

all wrong here dude, I believe that tipsymcstagger owns and has copywirted the little guy on the necklace it is also is trademarked by the kahiki as their logo, I also know you were contacted by the kahiki attorney with a cease and desist. you changed your add for a couple of days taking out the word kahiki. You sure are not making a lot of freinds out there. If not for your sexy model no one would pay attention at all. Just stay out of my posts(linked his own auction on my thread for my auctions)

[ Edited by: bdler3 2005-07-26 17:08 ]

Pages: 1 40 replies