Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

new to the game..

Pages: 1 33 replies

this is the 3rd & 4th.attempt at carving.they took about 5hrs. each.comments welcome good or bad..thanx ahead.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 2:05 AM

Cool looking work for 3rd and 4th attempt. Maybe round the tongue on the right one? might flow a little better design wise?

here is my 5th. attempt.

here are some molds i airbrushed using automotive paint../comments welcome..

S

sweet!

B

Excellent work CurbCreature. Where are #'s 1 and 2?? Excellent tikis , especially for beginning first 5. Show us more, you have us hooked.

D

Stunning!The talent on this site never ceases to amaze and delight me.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Jul 13, 2005 6:15 AM

Cool. I'm interested in seeing some more pics of those air brushed tikis too. Nice work

M

I see a lot of improvement w/ the carvings. How are you finishing them up? Some of the lines between natural/black seem kinda jagged and surface in some spots like the board behind the head could use some smoothing. They are still great pieces regardless of how I critique.

The airbrushed pieces are awesome and I love the gloss of the automotive paint. The half pinstriped moai is a killer. Can we get a closeup?

Awesome work. Stay busy w/ em.

thanx everyone who replied.as far as finishes go, i dont do a final "sand", because i am a big fan of tha "primitive" look.the last thing i want is a "storebought" look. i do not put any kind of varnish or clearcoat over them either.poted is my very first one along w/ some concrete molds i poured & painted..thanx again for the responses, i will do the same..

Nice work curbside. I like the look of the unfinished primative tiki. Although I tend to sand and varnish mine.

By the way , There is some kick ass paint work on your website. Any other pics of that bad ass purple flamed
wagon?

CurbCreature-
Thanks for showing the fine work you have done. What type of wood have used for the tiki's. They are great.

Yeayah!!!!

Bring it on Curb Creature.

Bring it.

Its always nice to have some fresh arteests around.

How "food safe" is auto paint? Those mugs look fantastic, but are they still useable as barware or have they become Shelfware? It'd almost be a pity to not be able to whip one of those out for a special drink.

H
hewey posted on Thu, Jul 14, 2005 8:43 AM

Cool man. Just eyeballing ya website now. So far so cool in so cal :)

On 2005-07-13 22:09, surfinstro wrote:
CurbCreature-
Thanks for showing the fine work you have done. What type of wood have used for the tiki's. They are great.

thanks surfinstro..the wood is just king/queen/california palms.i just buy scrapes at the nursury...

On 2005-07-14 08:43, hewey wrote:
Cool man. Just eyeballing ya website now. So far so cool in so cal :)

thanx my website is new and kinda sucks right now it needs to be updated and reworked a little bit..thanx for peepin' it out hewey..

On 2005-07-14 08:33, freddiefreelance wrote:
How "food safe" is auto paint? Those mugs look fantastic, but are they still useable as barware or have they become Shelfware? It'd almost be a pity to not be able to whip one of those out for a special drink.

ya freedie im feelin' you on those drinks too...too bad they are just solid molds, and cannot hold liquids..not to say i havent used them for "beer coasters" from time to time..

i love them all .keep up the good work

YEAH! Someone's got tiki fever over there.

CC, your tikis are great, and I think I like No. 5 the best. Where do you live/work in So Cal?

A-A

On 2005-07-14 21:12, Aaron's Akua wrote:
CC, your tikis are great, and I think I like No. 5 the best. Where do you live/work in So Cal?

A-A

thanx aaron..im in the orange county/long beach area..

heres a mural just for fun..5ft X 4ft.

H

Cool mural dude. Looking forward to what else you post

WHEN GOOD TIKI'S GO BAD..

H

Dem tikis got attitude dawg! Dey need some bling bling yoyo!

This auto paint stuff is great!! You ever sling around any 1-Shot too?? Great work!!

B

Keep up the great work. I need to get going on another one soon. Have a good one.
Bob

Great stuff. From your websight I can see what you meant about the flames. Your airbrush work is clean and tight. Nice straight lines and steady hand.
Keep up the work and please post it here.

Aloha
e

Hey,
I like your art, especially the carving at the top with the pineapple.
Keep up the awesome work!
:wink:
Jennifer

been awhile since i been here...here is my company i started about a month ago.SO CAL TIKIS.thanx for all the replys.talk soon..

B

Lookin for some great things from you and your company.keep carving and learnin and you'll do good. Keep posting pix on TC abd you will do well.

thanx benzart...i just started putting on a water sealer on them..each one takes between 2-5 hours so far..

Pages: 1 33 replies