Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

OC Beach Burn - Duties & Roll Call

Pages: 1 2 89 replies

Allright peoples,

OC Beach Burn is coming up this weekend and I need to know who's doing what and who's going.

We Need:

• Firewood (no pallets are allowed to be burned, $500 fine)
  • Tables
  • Canopies

We Need People to:

• Secure 1 or 2 fire rings by 10:30 or 11:00 am; the rings are taken early this time of year.

Who's going?

If this gig is going to happen, sign on now!

C

I'll speak up! Yes, we plan on being there, cocomojo (formally known as beelzaelvis)and myself with kids in tow. We'll bring a big load of wood and a canopy and whatever else we can rummage up! A tiki torch and the likes. I would never commit to getting there that early coming from Yorba Linda but let's just say we're aimin to get out of the house early that day! So we will lean that way! Sounds good?

I'll be there with Rocknrollgirl and two other friends. We're brining some wood, sodas, hamburgers, hot dogs and a small (I emphasize small here) portable gas grill. I can only get about 4 hamburger patties on my grill, so it's not going to be anywhere big enough for a group of people, but I'll be concurrently grilling with whomever else brings one. Speak up if you want a particular type of soda, otherwise it's just going to be Coke. For now I'm going to bring two packages of frozen hamburger patties (8 patties per package) and a couple packages of hot dogs. I'm not sure who else is bringing this stuff, so let me know if we need more or less. Also, we won't be getting there until 2:00 or so.

T

I will drag my gimpy ass down the street and commandeer fire pits and the State side of Beach Bl. I can also bring down 1 6' folding table and beach chairs to help hold our spot.

I know that Stentiki/Arty's medical issues have stunned us all this week, especially the OC/HB crew. This will be an excellent opportunity to concentrate some extra special "positive waves" in Arty's direction.

I feel we owe the tiki gods big time for getting our friend on the mend. What's a few tikis being sacraficed in honor of Arty. It's a small price to pay to be able to see his smiling "mug" soon.

So let's get out of our FUNK and GET THIS PARTY STARTED!

THE STENTIKI HONORARY OC BEACH BURN

ARTY! ARTY! ARTY!

Trustar

Note -

Folks don't typically start showing up till 12:00 to 2:00pm or so.

Trustar - the fire ring master - will need to get there early to snake some rings, cause otherwise we'll be SOL.

R

Bong- What time are you gonna get there? I will head down with you. As mentioned earlier, I have a 10x10 Easy-Up that I will be bringing.

Also, I plan on bringing my bike to ride down to Duke's at some point to get a drink or three. Anyone else bringing any sort of pedestrian transportation other than flip-flops?

I plan to be there and can bring firewood and road punch!

On 2005-07-18 10:32, Riptide wrote:
Bong- What time are you gonna get there? I will head down with you. As mentioned earlier, I have a 10x10 Easy-Up that I will be bringing.

Also, I plan on bringing my bike to ride down to Duke's at some point to get a drink or three. Anyone else bringing any sort of pedestrian transportation other than flip-flops?

RT,

I'll be there as soon as my custom Bamboo Ben Limousine arrives. Stop by anytime prior...

(hey, I have a 10x10 'easy up' is you know what I mean, wink, wink, nod, nod, nudge, nudge, fudge, fudge)

I can bring a 2X4 folding table, sorry dont own EZup. Utopiandreem & i probably wont be able to show till around 1-2pm though.

TBird.

H

I'll be there around 3:30pm along with Don's Ho and Tiki Bo Peep. I will bring a canopy and a bundle of firewood.

As per State of CA reg's, if you have pallets to burn, break them down before entering the beach.

(hate to sound like a whiney governmental nebob, but a $500 fine would buy a lot of rum...)

On 2005-07-18 14:22, Tiki_Bong wrote:
As per State of CA reg's, if you have pallets to burn, break them down before entering the beach.

(hate to sound like a whiney governmental nebob, but a $500 fine would buy a lot of rum...)

Wouldn't that make you a governmental neBong?

M

Have a great Time....

M

On 2005-07-18 08:58, trustar wrote:
I will commandeer fire pits and the State side of Beach Bl.

As an out-of-towner I don't understand where this is. I can see a beach Blvd (Hwy39) that goes to PCH, but I don;t see a State Street (or whatever State Side IS). I am trying to get a hotel and I don;t want to be miles off. Also, do I remember someone saying alcohol is banned on that beach?

H

On 2005-07-18 16:51, mrsmiley wrote:
Also, do I remember someone saying alcohol is banned on that beach?

This is true but don't worry. You'll only get a ticket if they catch you with it.

I have two 2x4 resin tables and 2 small stacks of cedar wood(leftover pieces of when they were making our carport door!

H

Any suggestions???

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.