Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

OC Beach Burn - Duties & Roll Call

Pages: 1 2 89 replies

On 2005-07-23 09:44, crazy al wrote:
7:00AM report
true star is true!!!!!!!!!

"?" of the day!!!!!!!!!!!
will this "PRE TC" Tiki Tony TIKI!!! BURRRRRRRN!!!!

it is now a condo to many unwelcome residents......

TONY COME SAVE YOUR PRE TC TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-07-23 09:44 ]

Burn it!

The pit (Burn) is about 4 or so rings South of Beach Blvd. in the first row. Very Easy to find.

(not next to the river jetty Atomic!)

If the parking lot is sold out by the times yous gets theres, try to pull into the loop and send someone over and we can help you unload then send you on your merry way to find parking. Forgot how hot it is inland. Nice and cool down here.

I really wish we could make this one, but we just can't swing it. Have a fantastic time, and burn one for Arty for us!

I am planning to get there late as I just got through slaving. I wish to bring (and BUUUuuuuuuRrrrrrrrN!) a five ft. SHAKA tiki that I will gladly offer up to the Gods of Health! I have had so many close encounters with friends and family members this year who have had major health issues! (Yeah that means you too Arty! You scared the crap out of us!!!!) I will sacrafice my very own shaka dude in exchange of some better times ahead for those who are ill. I'm taking the Tiki Buggy with Shaka strapped own in the front seat so I'm hoping I don't get arrested for voodoo or something... Mahalos to all who can't make it but are sending thier mana over to HB! Alooooooohaaa! Wes

The COPS said, " Your Party is OVER!!!" "NO MORE BURNING TIKIS ON THIS BEACH!" (2nd time they came)

Then the first time they came, they wanted to fine "Fire Marshal-Blue Shirt- Al" 1500.00!!

many pics and story to come...........

Overall it was a groovy BURN.

Chant's in the name of Arty too!

"F" those stupid PO-PO!!!

H

What the hell happened????

Awesome burn! a few pics....

Crazy Al workin' with the sand....

The finished sand Tiki

The entertainment during the sand sculpt...

Rev. Ben & Sabu ready the Tiki burn

The Tikis are lit....

ARTY!! ARTY!! ARTY!!!

The sun sets on an awe inspiring Tiki burn....

...until the cops show up.....

CA

THE PRE TC TIKI TONY STORY........

why would this "true" kind hearted "star" offer a historic tiki up to Pele in the name of Arty???????

It's the many holes!!!! A Holly Tiki for the Burn!!!!!!!

Or rather it is what's in the holes......

Giant Wood Boring Bees!!! the size of a small Sea Turtle... is the buzzing so bad???

WILL THIS BE "MOTHERA's REVENGE" (see OC/HB Burn 04 for inside joke)

But First the Water Gods to be honored.....

Never got a shot of the grocery bag full of peanuts, chips and pita bread Pup sent up the Kite string to the Wind Gods... via Inky's Sponge Bob Kite
NOW THE BURN!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice! Burn-Toy BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last minute Tiki Offering my the newest and coolest Tiki Carver on the Scene!!
Capt.JACK!!

Ready.....Set......

What's this?? A Hakalugi Halla-ba loo Tiki Head!!

last minute adjustment......

BURrrrrrrrrrrrrnnnn!!!!!!

Then "Where's the Blue Shirt Guy???"..... any way
Yet Another offering..... to the Intoxica-Imbibe-ba Gods, Holden be Proud

BACK TO THE TITILLATING TONY TALE......
WILL IT GO UP IN SMOKE.....

the "Fire Marshal" says......

YES!!!!! and run for the hills... rather sneaks into the gloomy shadows of the neighboring camps......

BUZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

[ Edited by: crazy al 2005-07-24 10:07 ]

I had my reason for leaving when I did. I have a real good friend that I care about.

BURN baby...BURN! Great pics. Did the cops think the sand was gonna catch fire, jump PCH, and burn down Huntington Beach!?! What fools these mortals be.

WOW!

I am so overwhelmed by your kindness and support. Mahalos to all of you who continue to help burn away my pain and help me grow stronger each day with your incredible mana. Believe me, I can feel the power and I only hope that someday I can be there for you as you have been there for me.

Those burning Tiki's are awesome! Thank you for dedicating your burn to me. I am blown away by your kindness and Tiki energy. Indeed, I am a Suffering Bastard these days, but each day gets better and better. I was hoping I could make a surprise visit there yesterday but unfortunately, I am still just too way weak for all the excitement. I just started walking under my own power on Tuesday and took a 15 minute walk around the neighborhood yesterday for the first time. That, and the fact that my left fillet 'o leg is still healing from the bypass, got me thinking, "hmmmm...maybe I'm not ready for sand and smoke just yet!" Ben, I tried to call you on your cell phone yesterday to see if I could catch you guys in the act -- check your messages.

Anyhoo, it's ironic that I had to miss the burn again...3rd year in a row, but at least there will be other days now.

The pix look great! And that's hilarious about "Fire Marshall Crazy Al!" I hope it wasn't too much of a hassel for you. But I am curious about the cops. Was it the intensity of the fire or the Tiki's that had them worked up? Are pagan rituals now banned in HB?

Mucho mahalos again for burning to good health!

On 2005-07-24 12:06, stentiki wrote:

But I am curious about the cops. Was it the intensity of the fire or the Tiki's that had them worked up? Are pagan rituals now banned in HB?

Mucho mahalos again for burning to good health!

They said they could see the fire all the way down the beach. Score!!

I think also that the Tikis freaked em out a little.

All in good pagan fun and for a rightious cause!

Someone was saying that "they" probably thought we were chanting Party instead of Arty. Party in the name of Arty!!! Cheers to good health!!!

S

Awesome!

That's pretty funny, Ben. "Party, Arty!"

And thank you, Trustar, for offering your Tiki Tony. I remember seeing that guy in your back yard this summer. I am honored that you would offer him up to Pele in my name.

Mahalo, Bro!

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki 2005-07-24 13:05 ]

K

"I'm gonna take this right foot, and I'm gonna whop you on that side of your face...

...and you wanna know something? There's not a damn thing you're gonna be able to do about it.

Then all shit broke loose.

My apologies to Fire Marshal C'Al and Billy Jack

K

WooHoo!!! TWO THUMBS UP to everyone who helped to make the Beach Burn so much fun. Soccer Tiki and I can't wait until the next one. :)
P.S. You can put me in charge of the S'Mores :wink:

P.S.S. Tiki Tony survived his car ride home :)

It was a great time with some great people. Lots of fun. Thanks to everyone. Thanks to WOO HOO for the tiki pendant cups. Very Cool...and according to my kids, I think you are already in charge of the S'mores... they had a blast too.
Also its not really a party without at least a couple of members of the law enforcement community stopping by, right?
Get well Arty!!
Aloha!

Hey My Tiki Ohana,
I really enjoyed the beach burn! It was great seeing you all and my brother, Pete, and Haley had a full on authentic TC party experience as their first outing in So. Cal. Hoity Toities know how to do it up right!
Mahalo,
Shell

M

On 2005-07-24 16:51, Krustiki wrote:

that is one hot tiki!

M

On 2005-07-24 16:17, Krustiki wrote:

"Now we got a nice, quiet little beach community here, and I aim to keep it nice and quiet. So let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around, bothering our citizens, Lebowski. I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk-off. Do I make myself clear?

Keep your ugly fuckin' goldbrickin' ass out of my beach community."

On 2005-07-25 14:41, martiki wrote:

"Now we got a nice, quiet little beach community here, and I aim to keep it nice and quiet. So let me make something plain. I don't like you sucking around, bothering our citizens, Lebowski. I don't like your jerk-off name. I don't like your jerk-off face. I don't like your jerk-off behavior, and I don't like you, jerk-off. Do I make myself clear?

Keep your ugly fuckin' goldbrickin' ass out of my beach community."

But he treats OBJECTS like WOMEN, man...

It should be noted that the beginning of the Burn featured Bamboo Ben's Suffering Bastard with Hakalugi's Lono topper. The flames did get pretty high at one point, certainly when compared to the tame neighboring firepits. I think that is what initially drew the law enforcement presence. That whole burning mass toppled over onto the sand and was quite fabulous and illegal. This was then chucked back into the pit, piece by piece by our dutiful members. The resulting fire resembled that which "normals" might enjoy at a weenie roast. I guess this became boring after a while and eventually the be-beetled Tiki Tony offering was introduced to the flames.

The cops came back, announced that we were going to be fined the $1500.00 (sounded like it was a done deal) and proclaimed that "this annual 'burning of the tiki' is not going to take place again!". Who knew that they have been watching us all this time? Last year's conflagration was waaay more offensive. And the year before that too, come to think of it.

Sabu suggested that we could get around this edict by building a big parrot to burn next time.

T

Hey, It was hard to belive that the cops gave us so much crap for a few flames in a FIRE PIT. Shit, one fire pit away, early on in the day, they were cooking whole goats! With hair on em and guts inside! You don't think that smelled up the OC big time. I did'nt see any Johnny Law nosing around then. Maybe they have not reviewed the ordinances lately and roasting live animals in flames is still OK. But try to honor a friend with a few DEAD TIKIS and OH MY GODDDDDD!! Must be some craaaazy crap going on there.

Next time I say we take up the offer by one of the TC ohana and take a couch down to burn. Maybe that would make them feel a bit more at home.

AssHoles!

We had a great time IN SPITE OF THEM.

Trustar

[ Edited by: trustar 2005-07-25 21:29 ]

WOW and Unreal. You guys really are crazywhacked. But that's why I love you more today than yesterday. :music: I'll love you more today than yesstterday, but mot as much as tooomawrow. :music: Come on, everybody sing along!!

Who all went in the ocean that day? Anyone feeling ill??

Pm me if so.

M

On 2005-07-25 21:28, trustar wrote:

Next time I say we take up the offer by one of the TC ohana and take a couch down to burn. Maybe that would make them feel a bit more at home.

AssHoles!

We had a great time IN SPITE OF THEM.

Trustar

You got something there....we hold TWO fire rings, one about three rings away. And we burn a couple couches in it (us in disguise) and abandon it . Thay way, the couch fire will make our tiki fire seem TAME!!!! Hmm..... :wink:

M

On 2005-07-26 09:30, RevBambooBen wrote:
Who all went in the ocean that day? Anyone feeling ill??

Pm me if so.

For those who weren't there; the shoreline waters were full of rare (for this area) stinging black jellyfish and some huge spotted pink and purple ones. I felt a few brush by my legs as I was wading. ( Since my back was killing me, I didn't go deeper than my ankles for safety reasons.)

the jellyfish ate my sunglasses.......

On 2005-07-26 13:48, inkylouise wrote:
the jellyfish ate my sunglasses.......

That's my new band name.

R

On 2005-07-26 09:59, mrsmiley wrote:
the shoreline waters were full of rare (for this area) stinging black jellyfish and some huge spotted pink and purple ones.

That wasn't a jelly fish. It was a rock. It wasn't a rock... it was a Rock Lobster.

Seriously, The Sperm Whale and I went into the water and have had no ill effects since (however, there were reports of over 1400 people getting stung on Sunday). It could have been all the alcohol from Dr.Z's famous tiki jello that kept the little bastards away.

Ben, did you get sick? Maybe one of the big, black wood bees from the Tiki Tony tiki took refuge in your head thinking you were a tiki and its new home? Maybe that is why Bong left so early?

Crazy Al says,

"Never got a shot of the grocery bag full of peanuts, chips and pita bread Pup sent up the Kite string to the Wind Gods... via Inky's Sponge Bob Kite"

Here I am getting a hand from Crazy Al, to deliver those snacks to Patrick...

I was really tryin to get up that kite string...i'm a fat little monkey, I didn't make it quite as far as paper bag, and scraped my monkey knees on the sand...

Oh well, i just had to nurse my wounds the next day at the Hawaiian Room....

"buuurrrnnnn the muuunnnkkkeeee....."

(sorry Inky)

he still smells like smoke.

Russell... you can type! That is so cool, I didn't know you were on TC
What does the "S" stand for?
say Hi to Inky for me.
Chongolio

"Yo!" to my up-righteous friend,

My prehensile toes have more uses than just peelin’ bananas! :wink:

That picture of russell is the cutest thing. Everything that I brought out there smells like smoke!

My uke even smells a bit smoky on the inside.

K

Funny, I still smell pork.

K

ATTENTION ALLEGED TIKI CONCFLAGRATIONIST.
DO NOT PLEAD GUILTY!!!

The alleged crimes the OC Tiki arsonists may have been overstated. There is not a $1500 fine. If the fire in the pit violates the following...

"Fires shall at all times be maintained in a safe condition that does not threaten any person, natural or structural feature"

(California Code of Regulations,
Title 14. Natural Resources
Division 3. Department of Parks and Recreation
Chapter 1. General
4311. Fire in Stoves,Smoking)

...it is punishable by, upon conviction, a maximum of 90 days in the hole and a maximum of $1000 fine.

Also the prosecuting attorney may reduce the misdemeanor to an infraction, punishable by a fine of not less than $10.00, nor more than $1000. (Public Resources Code 5008)

I, Krustiki for the Defense, contend that the fire does not violate the aforementioned codes,was conducted in a safe matter,and did not threaten any person, natural or structural feature.

I move that this case be dismissed for lack of merit.

If my motion is dismissed, I move that the violations be reduced to an infraction, with the minimum penalty of $10.00

I demand that all charges be dropped, except for those who have already professed their guilt. For them, I will file the appropriate appeal, file a writ of habeas corpus and arrange bail.

Sometimes you just have to keep the "Smokies" in line.
You have no rights if don't know what they are.

All Codes And Regulations are listed below.
###########################################################

TITLE 14. Natural Resources
Division 3. Department of Parks and Recreation
Chapter 1. General
§4311. Fire in Stoves,Smoking.

No person shall

(a) light, build, use, or maintain a fire within a unit except in a camp stove or a fireplace provided, maintained, or designated by the Department for such purpose. Portable camp stoves may be used in portions of units approved by the Department.

(b) Fires shall at all times be maintained in a safe condition that does not threaten any person, natural or structural feature.

NOTE

Authority cited: Section 5003, Public Resources Code. Reference: Section 5008, Public Resources Code.

####################################################

Public Resources Code
Vehicle and Vessel Violation Within State Park System

1.  (a) The department shall protect the state park system and the state vehicular recreation area and trail system from damage and preserve the peace therein.

(b) The director may designate any officer or employee of the department as a peace officer. The primary duties of the peace officer shall be the enforcement of this division, Sections 4442 and 4442.5, the rules and regulations of the department, Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 650) of Division 3 of the Harbors and Navigation Code, the rules and regulations of the Department of Boating and Waterways, Chapter 2 (commencing with Section 9850) of Division 3.5 of the Vehicle Code, and Division 16.5 (commencing with Section 38000) of the Vehicle Code and to arrest persons for the commission of public offenses within the property under its jurisdiction. The authority and powers of the peace officer shall be limited to those conferred by law upon peace officers listed in Section 830.2 of the Penal Code.

(c) The department shall protect property included in the California recreational trail system and the property included in the recreational trail system under Section 6 of Chapter 1234 of the Statutes of 1980 from damage and preserve the peace therein. The primary duties of any officer or employee designated a peace officer under this section shall include enforcement of the rules and regulations established by the department under subdivision (l) of Section 6 of Chapter 1234 of the Statutes of 1980 and the arrest of persons for the commission of public offenses within the property included in the recreational trail system under Section 6 of Chapter 1234 of the Statutes of 1980.

(d) Any person who violates the rules and regulations established by the department is guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail not exceeding 90 days, or by a fine not exceeding one thousand dollars ($1,000), or by both that fine and imprisonment, except that at the time a particular action is commenced, the judge may, considering the recommendation of the prosecuting attorney, reduce the charged offense from a misdemeanor to an infraction. Any person convicted of the offense after such a reduction shall be punished by a fine of not less than ten dollars ($10) nor more than one thousand dollars ($1,000).

(Amended Ch. 1027, Stats. 1987. Effective January 1, 1988.)

HISTORY

1. Amendment filed 1-28-86; effective thirtieth day thereafter (Register 86, No. 5).

2. Amendment filed 6-5-91; operative 7-5-91 (Register 91, No. 35).

3. Change without regulatory effect adding subsection (a)-(d) designators and amending subsections (a) and (b) filed 6-18-96 pursuant to section 100, title 1, California Code of Regulations (Register 96, No. 25).

Hey Hey Kids!

[ Edited by: Krustiki 2005-07-27 15:54 ]

The final resting place of the TikiTony sacrificial tiki from the O.C. Beach Burn summer 2005

WooHooo! Looks like Tiki Tony needs a friend??? Maybe a Crazy Al Tiki???? Or should we get him a Soccer Tiki??

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2005-10-20 19:23 ]

Pages: 1 2 89 replies