Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kona Lanes Tiki Night - Final Count!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

T

Aloha (wut up?)

Here's the head count so far and directions to my hut. If someone is on the list and isn't going let me know, if someone isn't on the list and wants to go,let me know (it'll help me with the food & drink).

Mark your calendars: November 16th!

Bigbro
Al & Shelley
Chiki Tiki and the Mrs
Crazy Al & Lizzy
Baxdog & Kukui Nut
Floratina
Uncle Arty & Tina
Trader Pup
SugarCaddyDaddy & Sugar Mama!
Polynesian Pop and the Mrs
Doctor Z and the Z-girl
Trustar and Susan (meet at Kona)
Wes - House of Tiki (meet at Kona)
King Kukulele
Futura Girl & C.B.
The Bamboo Ben's
Vintage Girl & Atomic
Lapu Rocker & Rockette
Tiki Rider five-O
Johnnie and Lady Velour

My Hut - from the North: exit 405 fwy at Beach Blvd, head South 3.5 miles, turn left on Garfield, go through Newland and take the very first right on Plumtree, Take the immediate right on Wave Cr - my hut is the single-story house on the corner - look for Tiki Torches a-flamin'.

If you're coming from the South, follow same directions, but just ... ah ... come from the South!

phone: 714-968-5861

Pupu's and drinks from 6:00 to 7:45.

Menu: Kalbi ribs, giant egg rolls from LI's, chinese chicken salad, rice.

Drink: Bong's slightly modified version of Lapu Lapu (hey! I'm not the master mixer like Al so there's only 1 drink option - but it'll kick yo ass!)

I've got 5 lanes reserved, that should easily accomodate 25 people (or Tiki Central equivalents)

'Ah fuck it, let's go bowling'

A thing of tiki is a joy forever

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2002-11-12 09:24 ]

Sounds good! After bowling I was thinking of checking out the Tiki Tones at Azteca's. Anyone wanna join?

http://www.tikitones.com/shows.htm

I'm in. The King might be in.

C.B. and I are going to try our best to make it and spend the day and night in O.C.

L
laney posted on Mon, Nov 4, 2002 3:31 PM

Any one bringing kids bowling? I work weekends so it's hard to get time off. I'd like to go and bring my 7 year old son.

T

We are bringing our kids and leaving them at Bongs they are 9 and 11 and love house work.
We will pick them up in a month.

BB

Aloha Bongs,
The Boo's are in!
Mahaloooooooooooooos

Hey Tiki_Bong
If there's room for one more? Count me in!
Can I bring anything? Do you need any beverage or food items?

T

Hey!

I've got food and drink covered (if anyone wants beer - which is fine with me, bring it).

I've got 5 lanes reserved. If we squeeze 6 people per lane that's 30 people. If anyone wants to reserve a lane or two that might lighten things up. It's only $10 to reserve a lane, then they apply that to the total cost of the lane's use.

Atomic and I are gonna try to make it.

the wheels on the bus go round and round.......... no, wait a minute. The balls on the wood go and smash the pins, smash the pins, smash the pins......... It's like the O.C. mini crawl but with balls instead of a bus! And, we get to hang at the Bongs prior! Stoked! Can't wait! Try to get Holdon to go, but he says he has to work?

The King has to work that night. :(

T

Bongster

We will just be getting in from our vacation so will not be able to hit your crib but we will try to catch you all at Kona on the way home from the airport. See you then. Anybody know about any tiki in Cancun???

Tiki ciao

Trustar

CA

“Anybody know about any tiki in Cancun???”

no tiki... but totally tiki in a Coconut Tree sense.
Tooooooooo.. Stretch out Tiki, as we all must do as Polynesian Pop Stars. Cancun is totally Tiki if you can only get to Talum!! Ruins on the sea cliffs, surrounded by coconut trees! Great Photo op’s everywhere...... TijuanaTiki! here we come!

D

Shhhhhh! Don't tell anyone about Tulum! No Tiki's, terrible place, Mean People, Don't go for a visit! Stay away at all cost! For God's sake stay away! Scary Place! Big man eating lizards! Very crowded! Bad food! Lousy drinks! Not worth the visit! To much freezing rain, wind, snow, sleet, hail, miserable weather, Brrrrr! Stay in Cancun! Stay in Cancun! Adios Amigos!

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-11-08 14:33 ]

K

Dawn that is not nice! Trustar get out of Cancun and head for the remote. Tulum is awesome. Thebaxdog and I stayed in a grass hut on the beach with sand floors for $5 a night (mind you that was a million years ago) but oh sooooo wonderful! White sand, turquoise water and the best fish tacos ever - Enjoy!

KukuiNut (aka Mrs Baxdog)

Let the Party Begin!

[ Edited by: kukuinut on 2002-11-09 00:33 ]

[ Edited by: kukuinut on 2002-11-09 00:34 ]

Hey Bong, (and all) I will sadly miss the pupus and drinks at your hut. Bummed, cause I wanted to see the digs, but will try to escape the confines of retail jail in time to meet up at the lanes. Mahalo nui loa,Wes

D

Heloooo! Kukuinut, I absolultey LOVED Tulum! We stayed in Tankah a couple of miles away from the ruins. We just got back so I am still pumped about our visit. I wish we had stayed in a Grass Hut for 5 bucks but my husband wouldn't go for that like I would. He wanted to have access to his own blender! What a perfect place! I know my post was a lame attempt at sarcasam. I would like to see Tulum stay the way it is. Why mess with paradise. Really, I didn't mean to be mean, Gee, this isn't the first time at TC I have been called mean spirited... :cry: I was just trying to be funny - Cancun is way off topic, so, I hope you guys have tons O fun at the Kona Lanes, wish I could go.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2002-11-09 17:42 ]

LapuRocker and Rockette are gonna try to make the scene. If that's alright.

On 2002-11-09 00:32, KukuiNut wrote:
Dawn that is not nice! Trustar get out of Cancun and head for the remote. Tulum is awesome. Thebaxdog and I stayed in a grass hut on the beach with sand floors for $5 a night (mind you that was a million years ago) but oh sooooo wonderful! White sand, turquoise water and the best fish tacos ever - Enjoy!

Let the Party Begin!

hey Ku. i stayed there many moons ago too-only $5.00 and they threw in fleas for free!

Stay out of Cancun! It's like being in America. Take my advice and stay a few miles away, off the coast on Isla Mujeres or down the coast in Playa del Carmen if you want a little more touristy, hell even Cozumel is better (that if for some odd reason you don't go for the palapas near Tulum)

On 2002-11-09 00:32, KukuiNut wrote:

Let the Party Begin!

hey Ku. i stayed there many moons ago too-only $5.00 and they threw in fleas for free!

Stay out of Cancun! It's like being in America. Take my advice and stay a few miles away, off the coast on Isla Mujeres or down the coast in Playa del Carmen if you want a little more touristy, hell even Cozumel is better (that if for some odd reason you don't go for the palapas near Tulum)

The King is back in.

Elvis is alive?

"The King is back in"

------In what?-----

Elvis has left the building

Did the King really die on the terlet?

Yes, the King passed while passing!

Does anyone own his last poo? Who owns the toilet??

S

"When the King died
he was all alone.
I heard that when he died
he was sitting on his throne."

May I suggest sticky name tags?

I'd prefer self adhesive name tags....

:tiki:

I was thinking self-adhesive, but sticky from the Mai Tais :)

Anyway - apparantly the local Bowlers are trying to save Kona Bowl... I just found an article online about it http://www.myoc.com/community/costamesa/news/cmbowlers020926.shtml

How's about scratch & sniff permanent name tags?

Well, you may as well go for name tag tattoos!

What ever happened to "Hi, I'm Vicki, Bamboo Ben's wife, nice to see you...meet you...know you." Can't wait to see all my balls hit the gutter. Who wants to team up?
Whooooheeeee!
Aloha

Don't we all know each other by now? Who ever doesn't know each other, post you picture and then we will know who you are. I need more Nykill to further my buzz!! Balls? Who's balls?

Listen up team Bam-bitchy
We are all wierd and we like tags
Like Monday-Friday in my underware
or left and write on my shoes
I like women with tags, it gives me a reason to stare
Ben you can just put your next patch on your forehead and right your name on it
And I have especial radar for the gutter
before i quit I was there a lot
So Mrs. Boo I'll team up wit chew
If the Rev. says it's zazz then it's zazz with me!
Give me that 4/10 split yahoo!!

post you picture and then we will know who you are.

That's me - enjoying a Big Kahuna burger...

May I have a bite of your tasty burger?

I don't know if I can make it to that very promising Kegelabend. It's my date's birthday, and I just got her to let ME join her usually single celebration, I doubt she will be up for the insane Tiki posse this is shaping up to be. I love you guys, but there are just a few things you CAN'T offer me, I hope you understand!

On 2002-11-04 10:14, PolynesianPop wrote: Sounds good! After bowling I was thinking of checking out the Tiki Tones at Azteca's. Anyone wanna join?http://www.tikitones.com/shows.htm

Just heard from da band - the tones go on around 10:00 ish

I'm definitley going to try and make it out. See you all there.

Come On Big Bro
Take matters into your own hands and come join us.
We are better than any sexy lovemuffin you got going.
And we will still love you in the morning.

Sven needs some sour kraut for his sausage!
Cheers Big Bro!! You must do what you got to do!

hey bigbro... is this the very nice lady we met at BigFoot?

Take her back to the Disneyland Hotel for nice birthday treat after bowling :) c.b. and i stayed there for one of my birthdays and it was great...

This truely is the 21st century - only instead of big brother watching us - we're keeping an eye out for you!

Futura Girl,

That was quick witted comment re: us watching big brother. Very good!

P

I am hoping to be able to make it down to the Kona Lanes tomorrow and especially to the Tiki Tones. I have a lot on my plate this weekend, so try is about the best I can do. Hope to see you all at least at one of the events.

Ben! Now that was very POETIC! I prefer to think off it as my Tiki and Pele's volcano...waitaminit, this is going to far! What am I doing here? Public discussion of private parts...of my life, that is.
My date would kill me if she'd find out!
Nuff said. Zip that Zazz.

Pages: 1 2 56 replies