Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Kona Lanes Tiki Night - Final Count!

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

Big Bro who? Personal talk? never!

Looks like I'm not gonna make it to the Big Bowling Bash either. This stubborn cold has got me licked for now at least. Hope y'all have a great time (like you need me to tell you that.) And you have a good time too BigBro! The gang will just have to survive one night without you.

Did Atomic change his name to Stubborn Cold?

Did Atomic change his name to Stubborn Cold?

No, but he IS known more as the Atomic Mountain Man these days....complete with shotgun, pick-up truck and jug o' moonshine. Has he mentioned that he's just seen the General Lee?

[ Edited by: vintagegirl on 2002-11-19 20:59 ]

Geez, that infamous jingle-tune-thang from the movie "Deliverance" just came to mind...who knew. (?)

I can't beleive I missed another GREAT event. Only 5 months 'till I'm there full time. I am so Jealous!

I posted this same info in the "Main Discussion" area under "Say Goodbye to Kona Lanes in OC". Sorry for the double-post, but I'm not sure who reads what, so here's something to read:

A little update to Kona Lanes closing:

I took my little girl (3 years old) out to Kona Lanes, since they have the air-filled bumpers to put in the lanes so that she can actually hit the pins and not get a gutter ball, and found out from the manager that the previously (un)announced closing date of March 2003 for Kona Lanes, has now been pushed back to August/September 2003!

I asked if any preservationist/conservationist pressures contributed to the pushing back of the closing date. She smiled, winked, and said "oooh...maybe!". Either that was the case, or she was just being a flirtatious older woman.

The delay in closing is good news for us, since I do hope we will all still do more Kona Lanes Blasts over the next year!

One side note: the manager did tell me that the owners, the Mann Family, not only owned Kona Lanes, but also owned Tustin Lanes AND Saddleback Lanes. Oh, and that they also owned a few Theaters....as in Mann Theaters (sound familiar to you fellow California people?).

She personally felt that Kona would close since in her words: "Once the Segerstrom Family puts their mind to changing something in Orange County, rarely does it not go their way".
(for non-OC people, the Segerstrom Family owns/controls(?) a large part of the land here in Southern California, and would be THUMBS UP for closing Kona in order to replace it with a new shopping center.)

Take the info I got with either a grain-of-salt or jigger of rum, I'm just reporting it as I heard it.

SugarCaddyDaddy

Pages: 1 2 56 replies