Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Screening for London Tiki Islanders

Pages: 1 9 replies

Here's a nice little clip for you guys (& girls!), to keep you going:

Fans of the Exotic. . .

I am pleased to let you know that the short documentary film which I made last last year as an introduction to the phenomena of Tiki culture will be shown in this year's OneDotZero film and animation festival, held at the ICA in London. Following on from extensive features in The Idler and Bizarre

magazine on the subject, this short programme shows 'polynesian pop' in all of it's cocktail coloured glory. With animation from General Lighting and Power, and music by The Bora Bora Brothers it will be an audio visual feast.

'Tiki!Tiki!Tiki!' is part of this years wow + flutter 02, the festival programing strand that is dedicated to showcasing "the best on motion grapics led work."

It will be screened on:

fri 17, 7pm, cinema 1 [the bigger cinema/185 seats]

sat 18, 6.30pm cinema 2

mon 20, 8.30pm cinema 2

thues 23, 5pm, cinema 1

sat 25, 7pm, cinema 1

sun 26, 9pm cinema 1

For further programming details or ticket booking details contact the ICA
box office or visit http://www.onedotzero.com

Mahalo
Jonny Halifax

TC

excellent news! thanks!

are those dates:

fri 17,
sat 18,
mon 20,
thues 23,
sat 25,
sun 26...

for may or june or ____?

I would guess May -- in which case, Tiki Chris, Tiki Emi,Trader Woody, how's about the next meeting of the Lon-Tiki chapter being held on one of those weekend dates, followed up by a little trip to South London Pacific? Either 17/5, 18/5 or 25/5?

Thanks a million, BigBro! Really looking forward to this one...

emi & i definitely cannot do may 17, but may 18 (maybe) or may 25 (more likely) are somewhat loose. which of those work for you?

:sheckymug:Tiki :sheckymug: Chris :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-05-01 11:11 ]

Sat 25 works just dandy for me, if the rest of you are up for it. Let's make it a date!

And of course, let's not forget Bongo Beach at the National Theatre on 22 June. Better start shaking out the grass skirts for that one...

Hey Bigbro,
Is this the documentary that's based on The Book? Are there plans to show it here in the US?

Wow, that looks like a blast!
I met Jonny Halifax at the Wild Weekend last year & he's a very nice chap. He's been trying to get hold of Butlins Beachcomber footage, so I've got my fingers crossed that he's managed to do so and incorporate it into his film.

The 25th sounds fine to me, though I doubt I'll be going to the London South Pacific after my problems getting home on a Saturday night!!

Thanks BigBro for passing that one on.....it could easily have been missed!

Trader Woody

Londoners, just to let you know so you won't expect tooooo much:
This is a short, I think it runs around 10-12 minutes....but it is very dense.
Nice use of images from the Book of Tiki, he makes them come alive.
It's worth watching it for all of that (now historic) Kahiki footage.

Still sounds great to me -- and Trader Woody, you know you can stay over if that would help you make SLP afterwards.

TC

So the 25th it is! Although, I doubt I'll be able to make it out for South London Pacific that night (but I'm not sure what Tiki Emi will be up for - she'll probably be up for it).

But drinks and/or dinner before the film would be great.

There are some yummy and inexpensive Japanese places near the ICA (hint, hint, hint) but I'm game for anything.

Expect an email with more details from me soon.

:sheckymug: :sheckymug: :sheckymug: :sheckymug:
TikiChris

Pages: 1 9 replies