Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Any Hip Hop loving Tiki Bartenders OUT there?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Rum Numb Davey NEEDS YOU!
I need TCer help from you mixologist maestros Nationwide:

I broker Purple Passion Fruit Liqueur for rap stars:
Cam’ron http://www.cam-ron.com/,
Jim Jones http://www.kochentertainment.com/capostatus.htm,
Juelz Santana http://www.juelz.com/
(Harlem Dipset http://www.dipsetworld.net/)
The new brand is called SIZZURP. If some TC Bartenders create some cool Purple Passion Fruit Tiki Creations. I’ll send you T-Shirts, Thongs, Wife Beaters, Caps, Key chains, CD’s and every gangsta promo gear you can imagine, all free (if you pay postage that is). And you little creeps better not be selling it on Ebay or I’ll send my POSSE out fo sheezy!
Get your down low on Sizzurp on: http://www.mkjohnsimport.com/sizzurp.html

Soon we’ll be launching a brand for Houston’s own; Lil Flip called Lucky Nites which is a blend of delicious Portuguese white amaretto, and Pineapple Vodka. Perhaps you saw him pouring the Lucky Nites out in the Game Over Video. Their ain’t no bettah commercial than Mtv Videos.

Then, I got Busta Rhymes a Jamaican Coconut Rum brand and many other rappin brands in the future. Not exactly Tiki, but sho nuff is TROPICAL Flavahs. Isn’t it pathetic that I am trying to down hood with my lame lingo. I know I am a sell-out, but I buy Rum that costs $3,500.00 I need the money so I can blow it on ridiculous things to temporarily feel good about myself.

H

If I didn't know any better, I'd think that website was a well-crafted parody.

In the interest of being helpful, can you describe what this stuff is like a little bit? I'm picturing something a little like Chambord, with a more tropical flavor instead of berry, but still very sweet and syrupy. Is that about right?

If so, my version of a drink that was popular for a while in Seattle, the Grape Nehi, is the Bali Hai:

2 oz. Chambord (poured a little shy)
2 oz. Absolut Mandarin (poured a little heavy)
1/2 oz. orange juice
1/4 oz. lemon juice
1/4 oz. lime juice

Shaken with ice and strained into an up glass.

Seems like that recipe might work with this stuff in place of the Chambord. Not sure what you could call it; please just don't call it a Sizzurpini.

J

...Purple Passion Fruit Liqueur for rap stars

Okay, now you’re losing me. I'm an Aviation cocktail drinking kind of guy. If I want lemon in my vodka the first thing I'm going to ask myself is "why am I drinking vodka?” The next thing I'm going to ask is "why am I going to pay for a flavored vodka (rum, tequila, etc) when I can either squeeze fresh or infuse my own?"

But hey, best of luck with the hype and marketing. It should look nice on the shelf next to EverGlo, X-Rated, Hpnotiq and the others.
But to me, it's the same as the wine cooler of the 80's and the malt-liquor crap (Smirnoff Ice, et al) of the 90's.

Jersey..you know how much chedder there is in Rap? If your lost let me illuminate the way. May not be your cuppah, Mate, but Sizzurp is seliing 4,000 cases a month in NJ every month.
Besides other than the intrinsic sweetness of the products, they are made by Hardy. If you think Hardy Cognac is not a serious producer than you need some nfo. My goal for AZ this next year is 10,000 cases at $8.00 bucks a case commission I'll take that 80,000 all day long. That would buy 20 Imperial Gallons of British Royal Navy Imperial Rum, and I'll give you one if I hit my goal. I ain't gotta like it to sell it...the market decides.

J

Fa-shizzle?

I not faulting you for making good coin, I'm just pointing out how I feel about the products like that.

Best of luck to ya

Personally, I enjoyed watching the lady on the website

Here's a quick try based on a British recipe using Babycham:

2 oz. Sizzurp
4 oz. Sparkling Pear Cider
Juice of 1 lime

Shake all ingredients with ice, strain into 2 up glasses, garnish with lime peel.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2005-08-05 08:24 ]

B

hear is yo recipe:

1. Fill shaker with broken cubed ice.
  2. Squeeze TWO fresh lime wedges into shaker.
  3. Savor the fresh lime aroma (AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!)
  4. Add 2 oz. Cuervo 1800.
  5. Sniff the cork.
  6. Add 1/2 oz. of Jose Cuervo White if ya wish (white for bite!).
  7. Add 1-1/4 oz. of Roses Lime Juice (accept no substitutes!).
  8. Add 1/2 oz. of Bols Triple Sec (nothing but the best!).
  9. Add "a splash" of Bols Orange Curaco (shh... secret ingredient).
  10. Cover shaker tightly!
  11. Shake vigorously.
  12. Flip shaker in midair twice (three times if you're a pro).
  13. Uncover shaker and savor the flavor!
  14. Rim glass with Lime peel (outside only!).
  15. Salt the outside only.
  16. Add fresh ice.
  17. Strain mixture over ice.
  18. Squeeze in 1 lime wedge and toss rind over left shoulder.
  19. ADD SIZZURP
  20. Now kick back, turn up the tunes and enjoy!
    AND SEND ME ALL YO SWAG
J

Good to see you back Buffetiki! ROCK ON BUFFETIKI!

aw dude iam still here waisting away in BUFFETIKIVILLE

i HTInk this sizzup sounds liek a kewl :wink: idea.

hear is a question for rum nub daviy - does fiftycent drank it becuz he is a badass.

johntiki- as long as i got a few braincells to lose i will continue to ROCK ON & I AIN"T going nowere!

50 likes Bubb in the Club. The big Sizzurp sipper out of G Unit is the Game as he is big freinds with Jim Jones and Cam'ron. He did a cool video with Jim called "Certified Gangsta's"
Too wild for Mtv. Send me a few IRC's for $5.00 and I'll send you a DvD of that video and a CD featuring alond with your promised SWAG for submitting cocktail recipes (I still need to make those, Buffetiki)

Send me a PM for my address.

Later Tiki Homey's

Rum Numb Davey

S

Start with the juice of three fresh squeezed rocks of crack cocaine... awww...Igot nothin'.

Gee Sax...rock is so 80's.. Its like Pookie in New Jack City or somethin. Modern Playa's got too much to lose with crack..it's all bout the likker now, dawg.

Pass the Courvoisier..Pass the Courvoisieur...........

S

My mistake. Just mix it with Red Bull and call it a "Dave Matthews". You know, a little crossover action; up those sales figures by ten fold.

Pages: 1 13 replies