Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

This may be of interest to Cat/Animal Lovers

Pages: 1 0 replies

HK

My swing band, WHOLLY CATS!!! was recently hired to play a charity event in October called the Fur Ball. It's for a local non-profit sanctuary called Big Cat Rescue. They house 150 cats of 18 different species from various backgrounds -- Retired performers, Fur Farms and Unwanted/Abused pets.

The owner is a woman named Carole Baskin....she was kind enough to show Laura and I around their facility and introduce us to the cats...from Ocelots smaller than my housecats, to an 800lb Tiger named Shere Khan, they have quite an impressive "family". Lions, Panthers, Bobcats -- the list goes on and on.

They finally broke even last year for the 1st time in their 12 year history...Carole has put as much as $350,000 per year to keep these kitties safe...she's truly an amazing person.

Take a moment to peruse their website -- it's full of great pics and fascinating info about the cats. They even have an "adoption" program where you can help by donating money to help cover the staggering cost of caring for these animals. We know where we'll be doing all of our Christmas shopping this year...These folks can use all the help they can get.

I just thought I'd share this for any other animal lovers that may be able to help.

Josh Gibson

http://www.bigcatrescue.org/

Pages: 1 0 replies