Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

1 year ago ....

Pages: 1 4 replies

1 year ago today was today ...

All kidding aside, it was one year ago that I decided to try carving. My first attempt was sad and should have gone to the fire pit. But with kind words and great wisdom from all of you I decided to try again and again ....

Thank you to all the talented Carvers and Artist that have helped me by offering your wisdom and encouragement. I don't see myself stopping anytime soon. Its way to FUN!!

Mahalo

H
hewey posted on Sun, Aug 14, 2005 6:18 PM

Cool dude! Your a nice bloke, and you got some cool carvings in the works. Imagine how cool your stuff will be in another year...

I also dig all the feedback I get on my art and carvings. Its addictive. I dont know if it is an ego thing or what (probably is with me), but i love it. Especially coming from the talented guys and gals who inhabit this place.

M

I just went to your thread to get a visual reference.

You have really come a long way for 1 yr and 16 pages later. I wish that I would show the same improvement.

It looks as if your goals (hidden tikis) are becoming clearer and you are more enabled to reach those goals. This is a great community for a lot of people and you will always find encouragement and inspiration here. Most often, it will be yourself that is the most critical about your own work.

You are reaching new heights and even deeper hidden tikis as your vision and skills increase. Don't be afraid to push your skills further and put your heart and soul into your cuts. Fortune favors the brave - "go DEEP!"

Keep it up rodeotiki... I enjoy seeing your work! Congrats on 1 year too.

You've definately established yourself as one of the carvers. More more more. (To quote the master)

Pages: 1 4 replies