Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Grog Log behind me...

Pages: 1 5 replies

S

I wanted to add this to the previous thread "How far have you gone?" but it either does not exist or something weird, because when you search for "far" or "how" or "gone" nothing comes up in all of TC...

Anyway... Tonight I went to the Grogalizer to see what to make, and found that I had made all the drinks I could in the Grog Log! Now, there is a list of stuff I do not and maybe never will have in my bar (can we say pimento liqueur?) but I have a lot and now I have exhausted the Grog Log and on to Intoxica! Current count of recipes unmade in there is 19. I may have that knocked out by Hukilau...

73 ingredients in my bar, 67 recipes down, many more to go...

H
hewey posted on Mon, Aug 15, 2005 7:01 PM

Sounds like someone has had some fun. Have you tried http://www.webtender.com? You can put all the ingredients in that you have, and it will make a list of the drinks you can make and their recipes. Enjoy

We salute your efforts and appreciate the sacrifices that you are making in the name of research.

P

So what's your top three?

See you in a couple of weeks, braddah.

S

On 2005-08-16 08:29, pablus wrote:

So what's your top three?

See you in a couple of weeks, braddah.

Three?!

Astro Aku Aku - Too many ingredients for occasional drinking, but great
Krakatoa - Coffee doesn't work for me at midnight usually. Similar to the Mai Kai Black Magic I think
Navy Grog - Classic

Derby Daiquiri - Simple perfection
Shark's Tooth - which is basically the Mai Kai's Shark Bite

Blue Hawaii - For the sweet tooth
Outrigger - Check it out
Test Pilot - Careful with the Pernod!

Most recent favorite, the Spindrift

Hey Swanky!
Speaking of Ingredients... Remember that I brought BK a can of Coconut Snow Powder when we were in Clayton a while back? If you don't have that one you're gonna run into a problem on pages 27 and 29. It is, basically, a coconut flavored whey powder and makes frozen drinks especially "smooth." It can be ordered from Liquorama and is featured on this page: http://www.liquorama.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=341. Let me know if you don't get it by October as I need to replinish my supply and can order enough for both of us and will be happy to deliver yours to you in Ft. Lauderdale.

Big Congrats on the Grog Log!!! Wish I'd been there for the entire crawl! Did you complete each recipe accurately? That's a lot of Demarara, Okolehao and Maraschino Liqueur for a Tennesee boy to get his hands on.

Pages: 1 5 replies