Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki's by Tingler

Pages: 1 17 replies

Hi guys,
I just joined the board today, but I have already gotten requests for some pics of my husband's Tiki Art. Right now he is focusing on custom wall hangings painted using acrylic paint, one-shot, and airbrush.

F

welcome. i have enjoyed your stuff on the sketch kult site. You can also post some of you other stuff in the

Creating Tiki: August theme - Hot Rod Tiki! posted below.

Enjoy the site and lease feel free to post more of your stuff.

B

First, Welcome to Tiki Central, nice to have you...
These really look nice, I Love the colors.
Here are your pictures a bit larger. You posted the thumbnail from shutterfly. Open the picture and Then post it for a full sized image, or at least as full sized as shutterfly will give you.
Thanks for sharing

Thank you for the shutterfly tip. I was wondering how to get the picture to load a little larger. Also, thanks for the compliment on the artwork. He loves to use color and a lot of energy in his work. In addition to Tiki's, he is pretty well known for his hand painted monster T-Shirts. They are equally as colorful and wild to look at.
-Tiki-Tingler

F

Love the referring to your self in the third person. or is this really his wife/girlfriend/life partner/companion/nurse maid/ warden/ Nurse ratchet? just kidding the art is great.

Flacookz,
You forgot the terms old lady, ball and chain, slave, etc.!! Yes, this really is the wifey. I've been looking for a message board to join that I will enjoy posting on. I like reading the HAMB, but I can't really give out a lot of advice on building hot rods. I am much more interested in art and art collecting. My first career was in archaeology (which has been abandoned in order to make money and have a family). I think I am most drawn to Tiki art because I love seeing art from different cultures, plus how hot rod culture has taken the image and made it into something new and different. Glad you enjoy the art!!
-Tiki-Tingler

Whoo hooo , just like I said on sketchkult " damn these are awesome!!"

Hey folks.
Whoah, my wife just showed me this board. I was like WHAAaaaa? You highjacked my NAME! You got me typing like a wuss.

So, I've now taken BACK MY IDENTITY....and she is gonna get her a different name.

Its o.k. I still love ya honey.

Anyhow, I'm gonna check out this place. MAN! It looks cool!!!!!! HOOOOOOOOO yeah!

Hey, all you sketchcult guys. What are your names on there? I want to know if I've been talking to you or what.

Thanks for helping my wife with the pics. She appreciated it!

TINGLER

I really like your art. It fits Tiki Central perfectly.

Share some more when you have time.

We have LOTS of artisians here.....

zombiehut is my sketchkult alias

I was just looking through the ol' archives and dug up another for you all....

This is the Mrs. Mrs. Tingler that is!! This whole situation has got me confused too, so I am renaming myself CrazyTiki so I can have my own identity!! I am glad we both want to be on here, though. This should be fun. Sorry for confusing the heck out of everyone on our first day here!
-CrazyTiki

And another....
That last one posted kinda big, I'll try and reduce this one a bit.

Zombiehut, I'll have to look for you on Sketchcult....

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2005 8:35 PM

Damn I love this work. Just the other day I was checking out sketchkult and I saw your stuff. Awesome! Glad to see you here. (both of you :))

I beleive Sam Gambino can be found on sketchkult, and kustom keifer pops in here occasionally too. I havent posted anything there, but I do a bit of kustom art.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Aug 17, 2005 8:49 PM

Man I just checked out your website. Nice gasser Fairlane. Diggin those shirts too

M

VERY well done Tiki-Tingler.

You must try carving if you have the time inbetween your paintings. They would be great as 3-d pieces too.

Mahalo for sharing and E` komo mai !

K

great work tingler thanks for posting...

Welcome Tingler-

It's great to see you in these parts. I love your tiki work - very unique and COOOL too!

Pages: 1 17 replies