Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Name heweys wagon! The Winner is...

Pages: 1 2 56 replies

M

I would be so honored if you named your car after me @;-)

haha...I've got a few.

Bangarang
Miss Fire
The HooptyLau (not original but carcentric)
The Ol' Lady (I call my husband's car the other woman)
Wahine Machine
Way gone Willy
Dutch Falconi (was a wacky swing band leader in my town like Buster Poindexter back in the early 90's)

On 2005-08-25 23:26, codelisa wrote:
How bout Mystiki - like mystique....An aura of heightened value or interest or meaning surrounding a person or thing.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Sep 7, 2005 11:03 PM

2 weeks to go!

I have been accepted into the Sydney Nostalgia Drags in October. The winning name will be plastered down the side of the wagon Gasa drag car style for all to see.

hows about "Kiluwaha Creeper"??
I want me one of them there Aussie fords!!
Would love to get a "UTE" shipped out here to pittsburgh, but alas no money..

Since it's gonna have a Maori shifter, how about Kârearea wâkena teihana, the Maori term for Falcon Station Wagon?

H
hewey posted on Tue, Sep 20, 2005 6:18 PM

And the winner is:

Congratulations Tikiwahine! A VERY close 2nd was "Island Fever". For the last week it was "Island Fever", but I swung back to "Kustom KaHOONa" at the last minute.

Wahine I will PM you about your prize. Sabu I will also PM you, Ill hook you up with a runners up prize.

The shortlist also included:
Tonga Waggin' by Chongolio
Palekona by Tiki Chris
Kala Lua by Kane Tiki
Fal-kon-tiki by buddabob
ROARatonga &
Island Fever &
Tahitian Ignition By Professor Sabu (I got some cool ideas for art though, thanks sabu. Watch my art thread)
Miss Fire by Mystiki

Thanks for all the input! I am goin to signwrite it up myself as shown in the pic for the Sydney Nostalgia Drags in mid October. The text will be in a glimmering gold metallic/holographic colour. I will post pics in the regular creating thread on the wagon.

Thanks peoples!

Congrats Tikiwahine (you always seem to come up with the goods). I thought "Hoon" was an Austrailian saying only, did you know this already, or is it used in other parts?

'Tis my lucky week!
This makes my twisted neck seem much less painful, yay!

Hewey changed the name a bit to accentuate the 'hoon' or hooligan. Which is exactly what this monster will be :)

Can't wait to see how he turns out!

B

Hewey,
Thanks for the consideration. Keep Roddin'

You didn't like "the Coyote"?
:)

Pages: 1 2 56 replies