Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Davez_tikiz - finally finished one after 7 months!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 208 replies

started carving today..... the two poles will cover the 4x4s....

B

Cool cover Davez, Excellent job of splitting the log precisely into 2 equal halves. (Looks like it anyway) Mine would end up way lopsided.
Realy happy to see you getting back to carving too, I Know you will start realizing the satisfaction you have been missing and crank it up even more. And Surfing too, WAY Cool!

Thanks Ben.... it's not as straight as it looks :)

had a few minutes to play this afternoon....

nice work so far dave! That tiki is coming along nicely. I like the one behind in the last picture too! (nice stain on it - what's that one carved from?)

Thanks for the long board surfin' info - I'm always looking for good places to long board. I'm still new to the whole surfing thing, but I don't like doing tricks and all that - I just like to stand on the board!

Keep us updated!

T

Wow, awesome backyard and great carves! That fence is gonna be cool! So how did you split that log anyways? Looks pretty good from here.

Poly.... that's about how I surf too! The tiki behind it is pine... it's supposed to become a post for a tiki hut if I every get the other two done....

BigT thanks!

I took the log, used a drywall T-square to draw a line down the middle, and then split it with a chainsaw.....

T

On 2009-03-24 15:19, Davez_tikiz wrote:
BigT thanks!

I took the log, used a drywall T-square to draw a line down the middle, and then split it with a chainsaw.....

Excellent!

S

Looking good! I like the lengh of this guy and
the full body.

Thanks! I'm really enjoying getting back into carving... here's a weekend update:

Nice work Dave, that's the Coon Tiki spirit! I like what you are
doing with the top of the carving, and I dig the feets too.

I agree. The headpiece looks fantastic

BD

nice! he's coming along great. can't wait to see him finished.

bd

lookin good! I like what you're doing with the headpiece. I'm looking forward to seeing how the tiki turns out.

Your back yard looks like a real nice place to chill!

S

Hell ya love this guy great headdress.

finished up today.... only 7 months later! Gotta start carving more.....

T

WOW!!! from your first post to these guys AWESOME!!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 208 replies