Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Aquarium

Pages: 1 19 replies

Now, whenever I do a google search I add the word Tiki. You should try it.
I searched "aquarium tiki" and got this:

aquatichouse

nice find, jv. a little too much for my one beta though.

Not bad. It doesn't look very practical, but that doesn't seem like the kind of thing you buy for practicality.
I found a few little resin Moai at a local Petco. I've got one in the betta bowl, and the other in the saltwater reef. The one in the saltwater actually got some coral attached to it. I have yet to catch the fish performing ritual sacrifices to it, however.

K

I need to get one of those, thats strate dope.

That's a cool find JV! Although for the money, I would rather hire one of the many talented Tiki artists here on TC to custom make a Tiki "cap" and "base" for an existing aquarium. As Gecko might say "Mo betta mana fo da' fish!"

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

Sugar

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-08-27 10:03 ]

J
john posted on Sat, Aug 27, 2005 2:54 PM

i made a complete set of glass aquarium design elements for a giant tank - complete with fiber optics to illuminate the pieces.

Dang! over $700 bucks for a 10 gallon tank, is it carved from gold?

[ Edited by: bananabobs 2005-08-27 15:49 ]

Damn just spent $700 on baseball cards:)

H

Cool, but not enought to warrant that price.

[ Edited by: hewey 2005-08-27 22:28 ]

Nice Johnnie, im goin to have to keep my gold fish alive longer than 1 month at a time to warrant getting that tank though.

TBird.

M

On 2005-08-26 21:54, johnnievelour wrote:
Now, whenever I do a google search I add the word Tiki. You should try it.

What did you find when you searched "Tiki Beastiality movies" !?!?!? :)

I just checked out the site (it's now a lllooonnngg time since the previous posts) and the price has come WAY down since then. It's now around 300 clams and has a five gallon (not ten) capacity. The thing looks quite a lot bigger in photos than it actually is when you check out the specs. The height is only about 2 feet. And I think it's actually a pretty nifty-looking design which seems as though it would go beautifully in many a home tiki lounge. In fact, I'm considering it myself, and I already have one aquarium in my tiki lounge as it is.

Mahalo, Paul

Yeah....that is really neat.....very tempted here!!! :o

I bought a couple of these wholesale at the Atlanta Giftmart about two years ago when they first introduced them. The prices certainly have come down because they were selling them at around $365.00 wholesale. Makes me wonder if the are "dumping" the line and discontinuing them.
Here is an image to give you an idea of scale

It is a small tank which makes it harder to manage and you have to maintain it more often. I travel to much these days and most of my fish expired over six months ago. I am pretty much resigned to just keep some crustaceans in there. They are more hardy.

They REALLY beat this at any price......

http://www.fishnflush.com/

The big question is why?

On 2007-06-28 09:10, Blue Thunder wrote:
They REALLY beat this at any price......

http://www.fishnflush.com/

The big question is why?

That's kinda neat. I wonder how the fish react to the flushing. I would think the stress would cause many a floater that would have to be transferred from the tank to the bowl.

click here

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-20 15:39 ]

On 2007-06-28 13:01, filslash wrote:
Aloha,

My understanding is that it's a double glass tank, and the fish are protected from the flushing motion which if you click here you'll see a false back container where the flush happens, and the container where the fish happen.

It's kinda rad!

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-06-28 13:02 ]

Of course, it has a separate fish tank. Otherwise, you'd have to buy more fish each time you flushed. What I'm sayin' is that lots of fish are very sensitive to drastic temperature and other environmental changes. Certainly, they notice when the toilet tank gets flushed. Does it freak them out to the point that they frequently expire?

If toilet flushing tends to scare the fish enough to produce a lot of floaters, then the fishnflush would lose its appeal for me.

[ Edited by: The Gnomon 2007-06-29 06:36 ]

That is GREAT !! I will never lose faith in the entrepreneurial spirit. For the person who has everything. It certainly makes it convenient for us fish killers. Disposal & Clean up is a cinch.

O.K. Lighten up... I was just kidding. I am very sensitive to our scaled brethren and all life in general. I can be so Non PC sometimes.....sigh.

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-06-29 08:15 ]

[ Edited by: Bohemiann 2007-06-29 08:17 ]

Here's a rival predecessor (I believe) called the Aquariass

and if you need appropriate seating, there's always something like this

Here's a tiki-ish urinal to go with it

though I think I'd prefer this one in the house.

Don't forget to arrange for proper ventilation.

Pages: 1 19 replies