Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

tiki and hawaiian ashtrays

Pages: 1 2 78 replies

I won't even list all my ashtrays that I have ,alot of the same of Bongo Fury's,
however this is one no one has shown, yet everyone has seen this one.
What I find amusing is Treasure Craft I thought was made in Hawaii,
but the ashtray says Compton,Cal .Of all places to mfg. tourist items for
the Aloha state .

I thought I would add a few. Most of mine are stowed away because of space contraints.

A well used and abused Treasure Craft tiki and his cousin, Ubangi ashtrays.

A couple of Tommy Lee's Islander Stockton ashtrays. I used to have 3, but I gave one to tikicleen.

Two more from the Islander Stockton, note the smaller decal on the right.

A few Trader Vic's ashtrays I have picked up in the few (three) years I have been collecting.

Two different shapes of ashtray of the same logo from the Bali Hai in San Diego.

McGuire's Tiki Room ashtray. Nope, didn't win this on Ebay, but the guy I bought it from may have?
Didn't know this was in Hawaii, Sabu, do you remember how much the winning bid was?

Later,

PTD

PTD - I have no first-hand knowledge that the McGuire's ashtray actually came from Hawaii. I just made notes from the original auction and assumed the seller knew what he/she was talking about. The seller could have just as well decided it was from Hawaii because it had a hula girl on it. If the one you have isn't marked anywhere, then I'm not so sure it's Hawaii after all.

Sorry - I don't remember what that auction completed for. I think it was over $50 though.

Good score!

Sabu

Guys, call me crazy but I seem to remember that piece as being from Mcguires Resort in Cadillac Michigan. I have a couple of feelers out right now trying to find out more information.

UT

The hard to find Mauna Loa Detroit canoe ashtray.

The not so easy to find Coco Joe petroglyph smoking set.

A vintage ashtray stand. The ashtray is ceramic and made to look like bamboo and thatch.

Thanks.

BK

Great stuff Trav!

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Feb 3, 2009 8:14 PM

From Wawalag, a Polynesian bar in Spain.

LT

On 2009-02-03 20:14, Zeta wrote:

Very nice!

Zeta, I love the stuff that you post. It's great to get an international flavor when viewing these posts. I love what you have posted in the matchbooks too. Please, keep it up!

Naaaa-ice!

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Feb 3, 2009 9:36 PM

LOL Tiki & Tiki shaker, thank you for your compliments to my humble collection, It is my pleasure to share it you with you and I still have a lot more International Tiki stuff to share. :)

Bali Hai Madrid Spain

Aloha!

On the left, vintage Kahala ashtray, early 70's, and presumably handmade. On the right, ashtray purchased last week. Not much change.

Qué pasa, Z, cómo va por ahí?

On 2009-02-15 12:07, BastardoSaffrin wrote:

Aloha!

On the left, vintage Kahala ashtray, early 70's, and presumably handmade. On the right, ashtray purchased last week. Not much change.

Hey, nice to met you (here) BastardoSafrin.
Quants més siguem, més riurem.
Love those ashtrays.

weird... every version of the Trader Vic's "song" ashtray either has a date marked on it, or the indentation sare reversed from mine... Is this an unusual version, or just not photographed as often??

~Zero

EDIT:
Just sold this 'tray off on ebay- hope it is scarce & the new owner enjoys it! Mahalo!

[ Edited by: ZeroTiki 2009-06-05 11:23 ]

Z
Zeta posted on Tue, Feb 24, 2009 5:09 PM

On 2009-02-16 14:27, Mister Naufrago wrote:

On 2009-02-15 12:07, BastardoSaffrin wrote:

Aloha!

Hey, nice to met you (here) BastardoSafrin.
Quants més siguem, més riurem.
Love those ashtrays.

Aloha amigos! BastardoSafrin, todo bien por aca, un clima in cre i ble. Lo de no pagar alquiler tambien ayuda.
Translating for everyone, what Mister Naufrago said in Catalan: "Quants més siguem, més riurem." Means, The more the merrier. I agree with you guys, it is nice to add some latin flava to the Tiki mix. Keep posting!
Adieu (good bye in Catalan)

anybody intrested in trading or buying any of these from me ?
( Or hey! look at these!)

These two are technically incense burners, sort of the same category

Z
Zeta posted on Mon, Jun 8, 2009 9:57 AM

On 2009-02-03 20:14, Zeta wrote:

L

I found another "ass"tray today. This one was $1 at my local thrift. I am not sure this one is vintage but its "ass"-tacular!

I am also posting the other asstray I found awhile back on this thread which is vintage.

[ Edited by: leleliz 2009-07-07 14:32 ]

Not mine, but I like it.

That's cool!

On 2009-07-31 19:14, ookoo lady wrote:

A8

There is an ashtray on ebay right now. I don't think it's vintage though.

never saw this one before...

Here is my ashtray collection...

Z
Zeta posted on Fri, Dec 25, 2009 10:14 AM

Muy bomito Mfachman!
Could you please give me a close up of that Aku Tiki ashtray? Is it from Mexico?
Gracias!

On 2009-12-25 10:14, Zeta wrote:
Muy bomito Mfachman!
Could you please give me a close up of that Aku Tiki ashtray? Is it from Mexico?
Gracias!

No problem.

It is not from Mexico, it is from the defunct Aku Tiki in Lincoln Nebraska...

UT

Time to bump this thread. Found this awesome Poly Art ashtray lighter combo today. It is larger than it appears in the photos. It is tagged on the bottom with a foil tag and marked on the piece under the lighter. The lighter is held in a separate part of the volcano and lifts away. It needs a good bath but couldn't pass it up.

Great stuff...

My turn

Pages: 1 2 78 replies