Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian Surf Deodorant

Pages: 1 11 replies

B

I found this gem at a yard sale a few weeks back, and thought I'd post it for your amusement. From a distance I just thought it was some cork floats. But hell, for a dime I couldn't hardly pass it up. Still sealed in the shrink-wrap, it doesn't seem to have any smell to it. This may just be from old age, but I can only imagine what they considered Hawaiian Surf to smell like. Tikifish suggested rotting seaweed. Anyone else ever come across these?

E
eel posted on Fri, Sep 9, 2005 10:13 AM

ahhh, low tide

ARK! ARK! ARK!

(Tabu The Wonder Seal says that he uses Hawaiian Surf deodorant to hide embarrassing under-flipper odor and finds it excellent at masking one's scent from large predators like Great White Sharks and Killer Whales. Nine out of Ten female sea lions in Tabu's harem agree that Hawaiian Surf deodorant keeps Tabu smelling Seaweed-Fresh, even if he's had a particularly hard day down at the puffin rookery.

B

I like how the ad has it for your tiki bar ("4 Tiki Bar").

My guests might find that kind of insulting:
"Would you like a cocktail or hey - some deodorant?"

Maybe "4 Tiki Bathroom" might be more appropriate....

B

Maybe as an ingredient in a cocktail?

Love the Hawaiian Surf Deodorant picturer, I am interested in the manufacturer's name as they make a men's cologne I've been looking for years.

A

On 2005-12-12 06:17, hilandpipr wrote:
Love the Hawaiian Surf Deodorant picturer, I am interested in the manufacturer's name as they make a men's cologne I've been looking for years.

I don't know if this is the name of the company you are looking for but they are making Hawaiian Surf now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Demeter-Kahala-Hawaiian-Surf-Cologne-Spray-1oz_W0QQitemZ5645062393QQcategoryZ33942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps,

AriKona

I found two of these guys and they had some wood contact paper over the foreheads.

I peeled one off and found this logo

Must have been some in store promo display. Pretty cool advertising piece.

Buzzy out!

Cool, never seen those before! Wonder what period these are from (70s?)

Buzzman, the stuff you find amazes me but doesn’t surprise me.
Keep on posting!

oops! double post.

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2014-11-24 00:40 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies