Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Witco on ebay?

Pages: 1 7 replies

J

This is not my auction, but I found this on ebay under a search of "polynesian" (inspired by Sabu's find of those awesome Polynesian door handles. Anyway, I'm nowhere near NY so I wouldn't be able to pick up these items if I bid on them, but I figured that someone from TC might want them. Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Hand-carved-Polynesian-furniture_W0QQitemZ7350553158QQcategoryZ63592QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm sorta near the location ok an hour or 2 away - anyone want to go in on it? I'm not sure if hes selling it all or what. I emailed him to see if it all goes or in pieces. Looks like a first sale under this name. Some fun stuff..

Poor guy. He fits the profile. Any bets on how far along the auction will be before he submits to the pressure from "buyers" to end it early?

Aloha Sneaky J. Im interested in going in on it. If your interested, send me a pm. Maholla back!!

Holy Schnikees!
Quite a collection indeed. I just spoke to the guy and he's nice enough. He is looking for a big payoff. The reserve is 6500.00 He definately WILL end the auction early for the right price =(

K
Kono posted on Thu, Sep 15, 2005 12:00 PM

He payed well over 15,000 Dollars for this furniture and that was in the 50's.

That's not possible, is it? 15 grand would get you a house and a couple cars in the 50s!

Yes that number seems suspicious. More like 1,500 - that much I would beleive.

M

$15,000 would have bought you a house and a car in the 50's....

Matty

Pages: 1 7 replies