Martiki is a Trader Vic's Bartender!

Pages: 1 2 68 replies

A

I'll have what he's having.
Mahalo,
Al

H

Im gettin thirsty just readin this...

Congratulations Martiki, sounds like every customer's gonna be a winner now!

On 2005-09-18 12:42, martiki wrote:
Thanks all again!

(Seriously, we play with a lot of rum combos- and my fellow bartender Lars turned me on to Mai Tais with Zaya and Pusser's. Try it!)

hey I was fixing up some Mai Tai's a couple of weeks ago and used Appleton V/X and Pusser's. They were very good!

I've never had the pleasure of sampling your creations, but I think it is great when one turns an avocation into a vocation. I wish you all the best with your new career and look forward to enjoying the fruits (particularly the limes) of your labor when I get to the Bay area.

Martin, if we we fax you our orders will you overnight'em to us? I could really go for a nice Mai Tai right about now.

MT

Martin is such a great mixologist - congrats, man! Oh and the Hinky Dink Fizzy is indeed a great drink. Deserving of haiku praise:

Hinky Dink Fizzy
Crafted by Martiki's hands
Beauty in a glass

Congrats Martin!!! So ummmm, how's this going to work for next year's SF Crawl?

Congratulations Martiki......very cool. But I think Trader Vics doesn't need you as much as we do. Can you come down here and repair the cocktails at the Hong Kong Inn......

The foaming Lapu Lapu........

T

Doh! I knew I should have been checking TikiCentral when I was out of town. I just got back from Oakland 6am this morning. I didn't know we had an 'Insider' there. I did happy hour and dinner there Thursday. I did get to meet the future manager of Seattle, John Mark. He seems like a real good guy with a very interesting career history.

Congratulations Martiki, I will be sure to look for you next time I am in town.

M

BTW, John and his new executive chef are spending some time with us at the SF location- great people. They've been very interested in tiki and have been picking my brain quite a bit. Jet City is going to be in good hands...

Hey, Martiki! I've waited until now to post this because, well, I've never met you and you've never met me. I wanted to give all the people who know you well (and who you know well) a chance to get to you first.

Let me say, though, that YOU ROCK!!! That is SO COOL!!! Hope you love it in a year as much as you obviously do now. Hope, too, that, once you've climbed the corporate ladder a few hundred rungs, you remember where the True Tiki Experts are to be found.

I've never been west of the Mississippi River (amazing, really, how much of this country is east of that thing) but I'm now looking forward to my first trip to San Fran! Hope I get there while you're still behind the bar.

I paid Martin a surprise visit last weekend while in the bay area.... what a natural he is behind that bar! I tried the Hinky Dinks Fizzy..... great! I even ordered one of those drinks in a pineapple that he hates to do... he mumbled and grumbled and kept giving me the evil eye as he cored the pineapple, but a beautiful and delicious cocktail was soon delivered! If you really want a show though, ask to sample or see one of the exotic liquors perched on the very top shelves behind the bar!! :)

Congrats, Martin!

L

A great asset to SF Trader Vics-- don't let the prize winning hooptylau outfit fool you - Martin is a class act - thanks for showing us a great time.

Mrs. Roayle and I attended a wonderful hula show today in SF. After the show we decided to stop by Trader Vics for a little ahi poke and a drink.
ALOHA... Martin works on Sunday!
Indeed, he is a natural behind the bar and helped provide the perfect ending to a great day.
Mahalo Martin!
:tiki:

M

Mahalo to you as well, TR. Good to see you again and meet the missus.

We also had a visit from the good Rev. Dr. Freddie Freelance last night as well!

Thanks to everyone who pops by- great to see familiar faces at work!

And on a serious note, thank you all very, very kindly for your generosity with the gratuities. You are quite literally making it possible to feed my wife and I, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Much love to the ohana.

Excuse me for a moment...there's something in my eye...

P

Here's a tip for you...

Get more Sazeracs. :wink:

M

BTW...we added $10 Scorpion Bowls and Rum Kegs to happy hour at SF Vic's.

Sweet!

T

Hey, digging through the old posts is fun! I'm digging around for something else entirely and...LO...I found two drinks I need to try next time I'm over at FI

My favorite new discovery is a SECRET drink (oooh!) not on the menus called the Hinky Dink's Fizzy. Gin, lime, passion, apricot, champagne, and more- some of you already had one on Friday. It's great. Ask for it by name!

I Will!

Pablus- there are a lot of great mixologists in the company, who are concerned with keeping the flavors consistent. Sure there's things I don't like, but the reality of business means no Zaya in the well! (Seriously, we play with a lot of rum combos- and my fellow bartender Lars turned me on to Mai Tais with Zaya and Pusser's. Try it!)

Zaya and Pussers!?! Seriously? ok I'm game.

But it will be a long time before they send a greenhorn like me out into the world.

Ha ha. You been "sent".

Yep. Slow work day.

J

Thanks for bumping this TJ. The Hinky Dink's Fizzy sounds fabulous! I'll be back at FI on Sunday, so I'll have to give it a try.

Yep, ask for it by name.
It's always been my favorite drink at Martiki's home-bar.

M

Mental note...must remember how to make this.

I'll bring in the recipe!

Pages: 1 2 68 replies