Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Huell Howser episode on OCEANIC ARTS

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

T

On 2005-11-11 18:54, Tiki-bot wrote:
Thanks for posting the episode. Now it's time for the Huell Howser Drinking Game: Suck 'em up every time he says "tiki". Call me before you start to let me know where to send the ambulance. I think he said it more in that half hour than all the previous times it's ever been uttered on TV - by anyone!

I mentioned to someone last night that through 3 days in Chicago for Exotica2003 or 2005, I had never heard Tiki said as much as HH did. BTW, a big mahalo to Vic for posting it. Never would have seen it on this side if it weren't for his mad video capturing skills.

T

Higher resolution video of the Oceanic Arts tour is now available at:

http://www.aridjungle.com/AridJungle/Oceanic_Arts.html

Enjoy...TikiVic

The employees did a reprise of their dance. :lol:

Hopefully a reprise of their dance and not Huell's, LOL...

It appears that this show is going to be re-run tonight at 7:30 on KCET, with the Bill Tapia episode just before it at 7:00, FYI...

That was awesome,

again!!

Huell needs to "get out" more often!!

Rock on!

"Ah woke up in a Tay-ki mood this mornin and ah put on mah Tay-ki shirt...Bob is this shirt Tay-ki enough?" I'm guessing they didn't show LeRoy until 22 minutes in because he would have kicked Huell's ass way before that point...great show. Now I wanna make a trip to OA but it'll be at least 3 weeks before I can make it out there!

C

On 2008-08-24 20:12, Jason Wickedly wrote:
"Ah woke up in a Tay-ki mood this mornin and ah put on mah Tay-ki shirt...Bob is this shirt Tay-ki enough?" I'm guessing they didn't show LeRoy until 22 minutes in because he would have kicked Huell's ass way before that point...great show. Now I wanna make a trip to OA but it'll be at least 3 weeks before I can make it out there!

Whether he annoys anyone or not, Huell's usual charm is that he isn't afraid to ask the stupid questions about landmarks and places and things people often take for granted, with his "Gollee what's that?" approach. However, this time he went away from his usual modus operandi by thinking he knew what "Teekee" was. If he had done his usual "gollee" routine, the OA guys probably would have imparted more information to educate the layman PBS viewer on the whole experience. But regardless its great that they got this coverage, and the Bill Tapia show was great to see as well (not having seen the original broadcast of either).

H

A live link,

Thanks Seagoat!

On 2015-08-04 11:36, seagoat wrote:
"Huell heads to Whittier and finds a unique company that specializes in Polynesian decor. Carved wood tikis, thatch umbrellas and bamboo fencing are just a few of the items they have on hand, which look as though they've come directly from the South Pacific."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di3AUcK52po&index=7&list=PLWu5ajp6Zk8dBKBXLveSPkc0UnhpXrAfD

[ Edited by: Hakalugi 2015-08-04 12:10 ]

TP

I would have loved to have had a mai tai with Huell. RIP

[ Edited by: Tiki Phil 2015-08-04 19:22 ]

Pages: 1 2 57 replies