Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tropical Event in FL this weekend?

Pages: 1 3 replies

Just talked with a friend in Melbourne, FL area...
Local weather says to keep an eye on the tropical wave coming in from the east...

If nothing else Thursday and Friday include potential flooding and heavy rains... I'll have to bring the umbrella!

Meanwhile... here in the midwest we are enjoying mid 80's and sun... extraordinary for this time of the year...

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer 2005-10-03 09:50 ]

M
McTiki posted on Mon, Oct 3, 2005 9:50 AM

Big & phat is what I'm predicting Lake!!!! 4 to 6' with possible offshores Fri. I will sacrifice a small rodent tonight just make sure.

See ya there braddah. (Mai Kai second show seating)

NWS discussion, 11:30 am Monday:
A SURFACE TROUGH OF LOW PRESSURE IS ASSOCIATED WITH A LARGE AND COMPLEX SYSTEM OF DISTURBED WEATHER THAT EXTENDS FROM HISPANIOLA NORTHWARD FOR SEVERAL HUNDRED MILES. SATELLITE IMAGES AND SURFACE REPORTS INDICATE THAT THE SURFACE TROUGH HAS BECOME BETTER DEFINED THIS MORNING A SHORT DISTANCE EAST OF THE CENTRAL BAHAMAS. UPPER- LEVEL CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED TO GRADUALLY BECOME MORE FAVORABLE FOR TROPICAL CYCLONE DEVELOPMENT OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS...AND A NOAA RECONNAISSANCE AIRCRAFT IS SCHEDULED TO INVESTIGATE THE SYSTEM TOMORROW...IF NECESSARY. AS THIS SYSTEM MOVES WESTWARD DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS...HEAVY RAINS AND GUSTY WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO SPREAD INTO THE CENTRAL AND NORTHWESTERN BAHAMAS...AND REACH THE FLORIDA PENINSULA BY LATE TOMORROW OR WEDNESDAY

TG

Should pass over before we get there hopefully...little clean leftovers possibly?

Pages: 1 3 replies