Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Witco/Conquistador opinions, please

Pages: 1 11 replies

Some friends of ours have a totally cool old-school home across from the Kennedy Space Center in FL, and own some Witco pieces that they purchased back in the early 70's.

they were going to remove this from the frame (approx. 2.5 x 5 feet framed), but i suggested that they wait until i get some expert opinion on the value as-is...

... since the back of the frame has this imprint:

Looks to me to read: "Witco (Mount)? Vernon, Wash. USA"

this one was purchased unframed:

They also have a set of 4 Bar stools: they are all the same style as this...

They also have a Conquistador art piece that I'm not sure about as far as if it's a Witco or not. (not to mention some pretty cool tikis that were locally carved by a teenager in the 60's).

Can anyone comment on the Conquistador and also maybe give me an estimated value of the Witco pieces? I checked ebay for comparison, but there's not much on there right now.

Thanks!

TD

I have 4 of the same bar stools AND the bar that goes with them. ive seen them called HACIENDA style and HAWAIIAN style. I don;t know which is correct. i do know this bar and stools i have were bought by the couple i got them from in HAWAII on their honeymoon in 1967.along with 2 wall sconces that match my WITCO tiki BAR( long caved tiki faces on leapord cloth backing)i'm keeping the sconces,but selling the bar and stools. TD

TikiDavid: any idea on the estimated value of these items so i can let my friends know?

T

I spy an owl!

TD

SORRY no i don't. wish i did. i keep getting people asking me what i want for the pieces i'm selling(bar, 4 stools 1 broad sword,a tall ship and a coat of arms clock) ,but no one is making any offers. i do know not mess with them,keep them mounted. it looks like the framed outrigger is missing it's outrigger and both are missing thier outrigger poles (little meatal rods to hold the outrigger away from the canoe.i'm sure someone will help with value.good luck TD

Thanks for the help, TD!

I would definitely keep it on the frame. Though I am not a personal property appraiser, I am a real estate appraiser, so the concept of comparables is the same and I collect a boat load(NPI) of Witco. I found this piece listed wrong on ebay and could have got it for $25, but I bid too soon. It ended up going for about 200( Just me and 1 other bid). It will also depend on the market place in which your selling. Ebay would probably get about $350 for the framed outrigger. $50 or so on the unframed. Not sure on the stools(Shipping plays a big part). I do not believe the conquistador is a Witco. Hope this helps some.

FREDDIE.i got your PM, yes .i still have them,i'm still working on pics.i've got a whole NEW comp. system coming with scanner ,digital cam. the the whole 9 yards. soon!!!!what part of the country are you in? if you are between cleveland and SO. FLA. I may be able to del. in the last week of FEB. TD

TD, You better set that co-pilot to the North,cuz I'm about 15 minutes from Lake Superior. Your welcome to come on up any time. Maholla!!

THEN! i'm betting you need some SO FLA time.

Thanks for the info Freddie... i'll pass it along to my friends...

Hey TD, if you gotta floor, vodka, and a skim board, Im there dude.

Pages: 1 11 replies