Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

November 19th at The Novato Grotto! Now with information!

Pages: 1 2 73 replies

M

That reminds me- don't forget those pupus, people, or you will starve and die.

Or get way too drunk.

Pupu to you! We're bringing the Poke from the Trader Vic's Party book! mmmmmmpoke.

Are we going to the Christmas House??

I'll bring a couple Minnie's Tiki mugs, in case anyone would like to buy one. Al-ii, should I bring that tiki you want, for Jen to pick up?

M

TONIGHT!

T

What time does the grotto open?

I'm making something from Taboo Table by Beachbum Berry.

M

Plan on around 7pm. We're skewing a little early for the sake of our neighbors.

Then again, there was a uke sing along til 1 am on a sunday night last year with no complaints, so who knows.

M

*****UPDATE:

If anyone has any Lemon Hart 151 that they can bring, I'll gladly reimburse you. Couldn't find any locally.

M

*****UPDATE:

Sorry, no Rombiero Christmas House until Dec. 3rd. We might have a mini follow up gathering for those of you anxious to see the place again.

T

Keep your eyes peeled for the exit off Highway 101 northbound. If you miss it you have a long drive ahead of you before you can turn around. It happened to me once.

H

We've got an unopened bottle of Lemon Hart 151, we'll bring it. See you soon!

Carter's first tiki party! What fun! We'll post pictures soon, but thanks Martin & Rebecca, we had a blast! What a nice group, great drinks and yummy pupus! I'm sure we missed the fun late night antics, but Carter needed to get home! We'll be back for the Christmas House!

xoxox
the Pineapples

What a fine time. Fantastic hospitality and first-rate company. Thanks, Martikis for hosting another excellent party. I'd love to see some photos, gang.

-Weird Unc

On 2005-11-19 16:09, thejab wrote:
Keep your eyes peeled for the exit off Highway 101 northbound. If you miss it you have a long drive ahead of you before you can turn around. It happened to me once.

It's so classic that I read your post after I did the same thing.

Martin & Rebecca,
Thanks again for an excellent time.
You just can't beat a Tiki Central crowd for enjoyment.
I look forward to the next gathering.
Unga

Hey that was fun! Ditto what Unga said.

Mr. Mai Tai and Maria, sorry I kept calling Maria, Wendy. Jeez.

It was fun singing to Sleepwalk, even though there's no words. Judd, you are a crackup.

It was good to visit and talk to everyone and just hang, in one place.
Good job Martiki and Rebecca!

Mahalo for the invite pally, great company and ultra-strong drinks. Your Matt Helm type bar intro made for a great demo, you have the classic spage age bachelor pad set-up, too bad you ain't single but maybe this is why...alohasville, cats.

H

Wow, what a great party! Thanks so much, Martin & Rebecca -- you know how to throw a solid wing-dinger. It took me until late evening yesterday to recover, though.

Hear! Hear! Denise and I had a blast!! A huge thanx to Martiki and Rebecca for a wonderful evening.
Martiki, your drinks were spectacular!! Welcome back Aquazombie and Tiki-Goddess. Also good to see the Hooptylau gang again...We're already looking forward to the next get together, whenever that may be.
Actually, we're planning on extending our Thanksgiving celebrations and heading to Trader Vics SF for happy hour (Friday) - anyone care to join us?

I was wondering why we didn't see any posts to this thread on Sunday afternoon, then we saw Mr. Thrill at about 1 pm Sunday afternoon, and he looked, ummm, slightly worse for wear? oops, I'm sorry, he was looking dashing as always :wink:

Mr Pineapple was feeling a little rummy himself Sunday, but little Carter Pineapple once again saved Mommy and Daddy from themselves!

I suppose it went late? M & R - you two are consistently the best hosts in town! It was just lovely, and I was drinking juice! even Martin's virgin drinks are special and yummy!

xoxox
mrs. pineapple

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Martin and Rebecca are wonderful hosts and two really cool folks that embody the aloha spirit and know how to throw a party. Thanks for a fun weekend filled with laughter, music and booze...lots and lots of booze. Big fun! One more Mahalo for all the killah grinds! Denise's rice was tasty, The pineapple's poke was mackin', da Grille's mac salad broke da mouth and The jab's chicken was ono! We all ate and drank like we were dang ol ali'i, man.
Here are my pics, enjoy:

http://homepage.mac.com/chongolio/PhotoAlbum12.html

To all my friends,
Chongolio

" I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain
http://www.Lost-Isle.com
http://www.piggod.com

T

On 2005-11-21 17:03, mrs. pineapple wrote:

I suppose it went late?

We gave in about 4:00AM, then started again with a hair of the dog at 9:00.

Thank you Martin, Rebecca, and Clem for a rip-roarin' time!

Sure would love to see some more photos of this grand evening. Who's got 'em? Post 'em! Thanks for your pix Chongolio.

-Weird Unc

Sorry I missed all the fun...
Great pics though Chongolio.
Aloha,
:tiki:

M

Whoa, is it Wednesday already? Things have been kind of blurry. Thank you all so much for coming out and all of the kind words here. We had a great time. Thanks all for the great food and booze- the ohana rules as always.

Here's some of our pix:

Humu says, "Oooooooh! Falernum!"

Mr. Smiley is clearly alarmed by the presence of Clem

Unga does not find this amusing

Lots more here: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8CYuGzhw3aMQw

Malaho everyone!!!

TB

Utopiandreem & I was blow away to see so many TCers! Thank you Martin & Rebecca for your hospitalty. The Novato Grotto was great to see in person!

TBird.

M

Woo Hoo! Check out this SF Gate article on the Romberio
Christmas House!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/12/16/NBG26G6U6G1.DTL

----put a coat on that kid-I think she is frozen solid!

Pages: 1 2 73 replies