Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Please check out my blog... or don't! See if I care!

Pages: 1 7 replies

J

http://jamminjasounds.blogspot.com/

I was inspired by Tiki Tim and decided to try my hand at putting together a blog... being that I'm barely computer literate and completely unfamiliar with html or building a website I think this is about as close as I'm gonna get to hosting something of interest on the net.

My blog is far removed from tiki or Polynesian Pop but I wanted to share it with the TC Ohana because I know there are a few members out there who like reggae music and might enjoy the content.

Now don't hold me to this, but I think there are a few Halloween-esque songs that you can listen to or download... remember I'm a real computer novice and they seemed to be
working when I tried them. :)

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki 2005-10-13 21:20 ]

K
Kono posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 2:50 AM

Looks great but I can't get the links to work. Anyone else having trouble with this? When I click the download link it just kind of hangs there.

J

Kono - I was getting the links to work using Safari but when I tried to download them using Navigator it told me I had reached my download limit and to try again in 30 minutes... as far as I could tell by accessing the site from my computer at work last night it seemed to be working fine. Please someone else try it and see if it works... if not I've got some work to do trying to figure this out.

J

Hi John,

Not bad for someone who is barely computer literate. I must be even more computer illiterate because I don't have a blog!

Are you going to (or have you) made up a blog for your research into the Hawaiian Room at the old Emerson Hotel in Baltimore? I know you've put a lot of time and effort into that.

I just tried the links, they all worked fine for me. Even downloaded a song... thanks! I'm using Netscape on a mac so whatever was hanging up must of worked itself out. I know some blog servers may take up to 24 hours to have everything working aftre posting so it may not be you after all....

J

Thanks for all the kind words... I'm hoping to update it twice a week so if you liked what you read or heard please check back... I'm going to try and keep up the Halloween theme throughout October. Joefla, I never thought of doing one about the Hawaiian Room but maybe I will... don't know if I'd be able to update it on a regular basis because of the lack of incoming new information.

K
Kono posted on Fri, Oct 14, 2005 4:04 PM

Well, I've been meaning to d/l Firefox for a while now anyway so now I have a reason and it worked fine. It was with Explorer that it wasn't working but no problemo with Firefox.

Check it out again - I've updated it today and have a super swell treat for anyone who may be interested....

Pages: 1 7 replies