Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Anyone have a rattan mug shelf for sale?

Pages: 1 6 replies

R

I need to display my burgeoning collection in style.

I 'specially like those vintage round ones I've seen around.

I'm a graphic & web designer, and I'm willing to trade out some work if appropriate for partial payment.

[ Edited by: Reever on 2002-11-14 09:20 ]

I don't have one for sale but I just found one on Ebay...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=735722705

R

Thanks Maniac...

Bit pricey for me at the moment...

T

Have you checked your local Chinatown? Or looked in for rattan furniture online? If you buy off Ebay it will cost too much, but without the buzzword 'tiki' attached those things can usually be found cheap. Keep looking!

R

Good suggestions, Fish. Were that every town were like San Fran, where "Chinatown" can be found on a tourist map.

Being the chainstore addicts that my fellow Dallasites are, few really sincerely real vintage or thrift stores left. And, while estate sale shopping works fairly well for finding random vintage goodies, it doesn't work out so well when you're looking for something this specific.

I'll continue the hunt. Just thought one of the insiders might happen to have one to spare... wishful thinkin'... :)

To bad you can't make the house of TIKI parking lot sale.
Wes will have all kinds of killer furniture.
And the weather, well let's just say we still go swimming in the solar heat pool.
80 degrees

R

Yeah... our garage sales in Dallas are more likely to feature "gently used" La-Z-Boy recliners than vintage rattan furniture.

Sigh...

Reever
[email protected]

[ Edited by: Reever on 2002-11-15 15:26 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies