Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

new iPod with video still of Tiki Bar TV

Pages: 1 10 replies

Apple's home page with their new iPod has a tiki related image for video podcasts

Too bad the progress bar covers up the mugs. I think the video is from Tiki TV.

[ Edited by: johnnievelour 2005-10-14 00:26 ]

T

Oh man - I'm so lusting after that 60 gig model... My 3 year old 20 gig is falling apart from so much use!

As little as $9 a month it says! Should I do credit? Hmmmmmm.....

Yes! That's the bartender from Tiki Bar TV! Talk about big time exposure!

[ Edited by: Pepe le Tiki 2005-10-13 09:29 ]

They seem to be very happy over there at Tiki Bar TV about this. The timing is great too because I think they're about to release another episode!
If you haven't seen this podcast, you are missing something great!
They even made Trader Woody's Drink in one episode.

No need to credit it. You can get one for free, no BS. I know two people who got the 60 gb ipod for free thru freephotoipods.com. I have been trying for over six months but I can't get the eight people I need to sign up AND complete an offer. I have like 20 people that have registered, but they didn't complete an offer so it doesn't count. If you use my referral link http://photoipods.freepay.com/?r=14334875 you complete an offer for me, and it counts towards the offer you need to complete for yourself then refer 8 people and you get it for free!

If you get it for free, it is that much more money you can spend on mugs! :)

yeah, actually if you watch the stream from the apple "one more thing" event, you'll see that when steve jobs demonstrates the ipod using video capability, he's showing a clip from tiki bar tv. on a related note, if you go to the itunes music store and look for videos to download, one of the most prominent choices is from tikibar tv. i think this may because it is one of the few video podcasts that has good web distribution.

anyways, check out the apple stream at:
http://stream.apple.akadns.net/. it's about halfway through, or so.

haha, didn't think anyone else caught this but me!!

T

On 2005-10-13 10:54, Atomicchick wrote:
No need to credit it. You can get one for free, no BS. I know two people who got the 60 gb ipod for free thru freephotoipods.com. I have been trying for over six months but I can't get the eight people I need to sign up AND complete an offer. I have like 20 people that have registered, but they didn't complete an offer so it doesn't count. If you use my referral link http://photoipods.freepay.com/?r=14334875 you complete an offer for me, and it counts towards the offer you need to complete for yourself then refer 8 people and you get it for free!

If you get it for free, it is that much more money you can spend on mugs! :)

Atomic -
I tried for months on freephotoipods.com through the congalines site - with 2 different email addresses! Sadly - the farthest I got was with my former employers "chrism" email address:
http://congalines.info/conga.php?siteid=10&PHPSESSID=78da16002f9b5128b2cd8ede05d26b13

That page has been not moved from the top (although seems to keep adding folks to the bottom) for many months. After paying over $60 to finish my "commitment" to the companies I had to sign up with, yet with no iPod in sight, I'm giving up on this thing. The only person I've ever heard of actually getting one is Hanford, and it took him forever... I certainly could have devised some way to come up with the $400 for a 60 gig iPod with all that energy & time I wasted!

Hey Tang,

I actually was able to get a free mini ipod myself on just the free ipod web site, but my mom was so intrigued by it, I gave it to her and I'm glad I did because she loves it, but now I am sadly ipodless. That is why I have been trying to get another one, but it is hard to get people to bit.

Atomicchick

My 3 year old 20 gig is falling apart from so much use!

Actually, its falling apart due to it not being well made. If you look into many of the iPod products, they have many many issues with being structurally sound...:)

This is true. They use to be made by hand, now they are made by machine. That is why a lot of the mini's were messing up and hence the creation of the nano. Mini's are not being made any more, places are just selling what they have left in stock.

T

Actually, mine is a 2nd generation one, bought it in early 2003...

That's too bad about machine vs. by hand - because the interface & design is better than anything else out there! Yes - my scrceen has a default now, but other than that (considering I use it for several hours each & every day) - it still plays fine. Have you seen pictures of how cheap the thing looks on the inside?

I still dig my 2nd gen, but it's not as sexy as the new ones!

Pages: 1 10 replies