Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Central Ohana

Tiki Central 'Ohana Talkback Topic

Pages: 1 16 replies

Please post your feedback about the Tiki Central 'Ohana forum here. You can read the original announcement here.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore 2005-10-15 12:13 ]

Hanford I'd say that is a pretty damn good Idea!!!

D

thanks hanford! nice to have family stuff in one place!

H
hewey posted on Sun, Oct 16, 2005 2:59 PM

As always Hanford takes peoples feedback and comes out with a cool idea. Nice work HL!

This is great. Thanks Hanford for all your hard work, I know that its not always fun.

Love the new topic area. Great idea.

B

Yes Hanford, This will make Many things Much Easier. Love how you are constantly finding ways to streamline as we grow!
Thanks

The idea for the Tiki Central 'Ohana forum is definitely a swell one, but Hanford & I can't take credit for it -- this excellent suggestion came from a TC member! He's sometimes a bit publicity-shy, so I don't know if he wants credit, but his name kinda rhymes with roofputt.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

[ Edited by: Humuhumu 2005-10-17 12:34 ]

:lol:

Thanks to ALL of you then! You KNOW I love this idea...

Meowyes!!!

Great idea!

Excellent Idea, Mohallo!

T

Who is this O'Hana anyway? Shouldn't he be at Top-O-The-Mornin' Central?

Hello and How'z It from SACRAMENTO. Mahalo to Hanford for helping me to get registered. I am NEW to the sight and caught the TIKI BUG just awhile ago. I grew up in Kaneohe, Oahu as a kid and remember liking the Tikis way back then too. I bought ALOT of little black lava carved tikis with Red and Gold and Blue Diamond-like eyes, both knick-knacks and on a leather string as a necklace. (Sure wish I still had them) And had a few Large Tiki's in the yards. I am a graphic artist and am about to undertake my FIRST Tiki Carving. I should do fine as I have the born talent of art. (Wish me luck) I look forward to chatting with, posting and LEARNING how to carve. the collecting part has already started and thats an EASY one to learn.

ALOHA to all and.....Mahalo from.....Orangevale (Sacramento) George (a.k.a....Tikiwannabe)

Aloha Ya'll! I am new to this site. I had some kerfuffles getting a password and all, but thanks to David Harmon and Benz and Hanford, got that all sorted. I am Louie the Fish. I got that name in Fiji back in the seventies. I have been carving since my art degree from UH in 1970. I am mostly a bone carver, but work in pearl shell, ivory, horn, wood and antler also. My website at http://www.louiethefish.com has many pics. I love to carve fish most of all, but have made a few tikis over the years. I am also a keen fly fisher and guide for bonefish here in Honolulu. Recently, thru friends in RI, I made a TV show on the fishing here, and that can be seen online at http://www.kettlebottom.com (Episode 7), and I do some bone carving on that show, and also on a Youtube clip. I lived and carved over 30 years in the south Pacific, and have a house and citizenship in New Zealand, where I was a trout guide and carver for many years. I look forward to hooking up with the great carvers I have seen on this site. I will herein attempt to add a pic of recent work to this post....I may fail....
Tightlines, Louie the Fish!

[ Edited by: Louiethefish 2008-08-13 12:17 ]

B

WELCOME to TC Louie the fish,I know you worked hard to get here and I m glad you were persistent. I am Sure that there are Many of us who will be very interested in you sharing your carving knowledge and secrets. Your skills certainly are Top Shelf. Do you have photos of your work area, Tools and stuff like that you'd care to share? I'm sure we will have as many questions as will you so Fire away. DO you carve any of the stones, Jade?
Come on in and stay awhile!

Z
Zeta posted on Thu, Jun 10, 2010 7:16 AM

Why is Zeta's diplomatic bureau and public relationships office for foreign affairs
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=36739&forum=13&11
considered bilge?

Bilge For drunken, waaaay off-topic, time killer or non-informative posts. And Lamprey discussion.

When I posted it here:
Tiki Central Ohana A place to post greetings, birthdays, thank yous, wishes, personal news, and other Tiki-Central-member related topics.

Moderators, please explain.

B

howdy all...i am so happy to have found this website...i feel like im home
i look forward to meeting you all and cooresponding...happy tiki
brett

Pages: 1 16 replies