Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Self portrait...the stain is on...PAGE 7

Pages: 1 2 3 113 replies

Palama's

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2009-08-05 17:42 ]

Great job on all of them. They are 4" tall??
I hope the storm passes you by quickly and gently.
Wes

B

Good luck PalmCitytiki. Hope all goes well with you and Wilma. I am as ready as I can be for this back door Hurricane. Tikis are looking great.

Palm City-
Your stuff looks great!! I really like the idea of the Squirter!! That is funny stuff. And it looks like you are off to a good start on the other three. Good luck getting throught the hurricane hopefuly it won't be too bad!! Great work!!!
later,
Spermy

K

Man you got to be proud of yourself.Your Tikis are so distinktive and very well thought out plus amazingly crafted. I still want to get one of those little dudes holding the lil tiki torches, we got to work sumthin out soon. what do i need to do to get one...halla...kirby

M

Those are sweet Palm City.

Mmmm...Nothing evokes a tropical paradise and the allure of a patinaed old tiki palace quite like a tiki that farts and pisses on you....

TG

B.K. you crack me up.

Hope you fared the storm well down there. You should have alot more Palm trees to salvage now, you reckon'?

V

Dude, Those are so fricken cool!!
Nice work.

[ Edited by: VonTiki 2005-10-25 14:26 ]

Thanks for the reply our power and itrernet is back up and I just got back from feeding the needy. i voluteer through red Cross. Lots of wood to cut and stack enough for the next year.

Tnaks for the comments

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Oct 26, 2005 3:09 PM

PCT,

I enjoyed your last post. The squirt gun set up is over the top. That's far out there man!

Nice to have you back online. How did you guys fair over there? The news pictures look bad. Have you had any contact with Ben?

-Gman

H
hewey posted on Wed, Oct 26, 2005 9:39 PM

Cool stuff. Love the new carvings. Great style and great tiki innovations (is this the first farting tiki?)

Good to hear you weathered the storm okay!

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2005-11-14 18:12 ]

R

I like it . Very original. Are you gonna airbrush it ?
Cant wait to see it done.

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Nov 8, 2005 5:47 PM

Neato! I say it needs a moko.

-Gman

C

nice Palm City....i really like the eyes....keep em coming...

It's amazing how when you think you've seen it all, another hotshot carver develops another unique style. Very nice.

F
foamy posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2005 4:50 AM

There are some way cool tikis happening in this thread. That Silent Killer tiki is work'in for me.

[ Edited by: foamy 2005-11-09 04:52 ]

I started to crarve skulls for the pupils. They are difficult to capture. But I almost finished the eyes. It was too dark to photo so I will post them tomorrow.

I am designing the moko tats. Also shaping the arms and legs.
Thanks for the comments.

B

PalmCityTiki, your new stuff is looking great. Love the new ideas and implementation.
Thanks for the offer to help after the storm too, it means a lot.

killer job, PCT!

are you going to be over my way soon?

Great stuff, PCT! I like the character he has too.

crazy man, crazy. I dig the voodoo/ jungle juju that has been creepin' into some of the creations getting posted lately. The tribal tatoos could be a awesome touch. Maybe just one side fully covered in tribal tats and the other left completely blank might be a inteeresting contrast.

Chongolio

H
hewey posted on Wed, Nov 9, 2005 3:32 PM

Man I love that one! My fave out of your stuff. So cute, yet so mean looking

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2005-11-14 18:14 ]

B

I'm really Loving it som far. The moko looks awesome as does the skull eyeballs. Work a bit faster, I can't wait....

Gifts from Wilma.(Hurricane wilma in case my wife reads this.

Full face. This guy is looking awesome. And by the looks of your look pile he will have many siblings.

B

My wife sort of noticed My new "Wilma gifts" decorating the side of the house too. Gotta get it while you can.

this is really nice Palm City....enjoy the skull eyes
and the tats....just let 'er flow....keep going!

Like that one a lot..Nice, different kinda piece. Looks well into the true, old style, too, which is cool. Boy, what I wouln't give for that stack of logs right now...

Half of moko carved and color added. Cause its just to hard for these tired eyes to see otherwise.
I guess i have to do the other half since a majority of the people that see it say its lopsided.

Hope you enjoy and "Thank you for your support" aka Bartles and James.

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2005-11-14 18:15 ]

Had more pics but chose not to offend.

[ Edited by: palmcitytiki 2005-11-14 08:54 ]

Post the Pics!!!!!

Good lord...and I really dig your stuff, too. Any chance of re-posting the pics?

H
hewey posted on Mon, Nov 14, 2005 7:32 AM

I loved these tikis. Cute and creative. Not traditional, but bitchin just the same.

I hope you post the pics, but understand if ya dont.

Its just my way of showing that everyone contributes.
I am self censoring for now. I will be contributing. But just holding back for now....just in case I offended or provided any sort of distraction to the tribe. I have imposed this onto myself. I shall try to regain the faith.

"I'm not worthy" aka Wayne and Garth

keep the faith, ditch the dogma.

Hey! Put those back!

Kinda silly, but I can't stop you..I for one really like your stuff. But that other post had nothing to do with who likes what or some sort of art critiquing or other misconsrtuances. Just richer understanding of who we are and why we're here., period.

Come on Palm! Put the pics back!

I know its silly to remove the pics ... but I just wanted to show how we would end up with if we were only purists. My stuff doesn't fit easliy into the realm of True tiki, but when a child can see my stuff, recognize the intent and still enjoy the experience the effect... then i feel as though Maybe, just maybe i have sparked another flame to possibly pass the torch onto and that person might be the prodigal son or daughter that elevates the Ohona. I am not a cry baby, because I actually like what BK is saying and the intent was well taken. However I felt that removing the pics for short time would spark more people to voice them selves and just possibly build a fire for everyone to produce more from themselves. Only time will tell and personally I like what is happening in this forum.

T

i think your work is great!! thanks for putting the pics back up!! i love the guy with the skulls on his head.

Aloha Palmcity Tiki!!!!!!!!!
Your tikis are really cool my friend. I love the new designs on the new stuff. Oh by the way Nice pile of logs.. I try to fool my wife when she asks if i got some new logs today (stroon all over our yard) I reply with AH no sweetheart I just rearranged the other piles so they could all breath a little... I get Busted every time HA HA HA take care my friend and keep up the cool stuff Aloha , Mooney

Mooney and Benz. Come visit me at jammin Jensen. Thursday nites 6-9 pm. Its kinda slow down ther now so I need someone to chat with. Thanks for all the comments guys I hope to work on the Silent guy soon, Half of the moko is done now for the other half.

I also am working his collection and artifacts.

UN-MOKO-ED AND THE REDESIGN

I got board on a real rainy day. Photoshop fun.

Aloha Palmcitytiki!!!!!!!!!!
Your tiki is looking really cool. Its like hes standing behind the maiden wispering(do be do be dooo) like a curious on looker HA HA HA fun stuff my friend ,Aloha , your friend , Mooney

Pages: 1 2 3 113 replies