Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Self portrait...the stain is on...PAGE 7

Pages: 1 2 3 113 replies

That tiki is going to look seriously creepy!! :) But technically looking at the linework I can see how excellent that will look after the detailing. Especially if you do you usual airbrush voodoo afterwards.

That's kick ass there...
Love the make over... twice as better as the original concept... way more primitive.

excellent work palmcitytiki love the new carving.

This guy is going to have way attitude. I can't wait to see him finished.

One more step n the progress.
Moko is Carved and Shaded, so my old eyes can see where I need to clean it up.
I'm not sure about doing his forehead as well. Plus I started on his mojo necklace.

I feel as though It was worth the redo on the moko. Its is less destracting. Now I need to plan how
i am going to make the stitched lips stick out. The moko gets all the attention.

Plus a new one to be shipped off for someones Christmas.

Thanks for the comments both pos. and neg. Speak your mind. i know the voices inside my head express theirs.

B

The Moko tiki is looking geat, tho for some reason he reminds me of Moke Tyson(sorry), but I still like it. The airbrush work has to be pretty difficult to cet those sharp points.
Love the Xmas Present tiki too, the Skulls on the top really give it a pirate look.
We Gotta get together one of these daze.

H
hewey posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2005 4:22 AM

Cool tikis PCT. I love the cute little christmas present iki, and cant wait to see how the dude with the moku comes out. I prefer a bit more swirls in my moku, but thats just my taste. Cant wait to see it finished.

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2005 6:45 AM

PCT,

That moko is EVIL! I can't wait to see what you come up with for the lacing. Maybe just a deep brown that will stand out against whatever shade you stain the rest of the body?

I cant wait to see it airbrushed. What type of paint/stain do you use, do you thin it out first? very cool idea.

Thanks for posts guys I like the support cause the wifey can't stand this one. She says it is too creepy. Which is exactly what I was going for . plus the humor that he is only 27" tall. i am workin on his spear and tribal necklace. now plus I Ordered some pig parts to really give him the look.

As far as the airbrush stain goes I only thin it so I can get it to squirt. i use the standard brands cause they all work the same. This one really seems to suck up the stain. So I am using as dark of stains as I can.

Its my slow moving piece. Work ...set it back. i am only working on him when I feel inspired.

Aloha Palm city!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your tikis are cool my friend, You really have a talent . I hope you had a nice thanksgiving, Aloha , your friend , Mooney

you ordered some "pig parts".....you gonna wrap him in bacon?
He's looking good...keep up the hard work. I don't think he's too creepy...just
right.

Back view of my silent friend.

A slice off of a chunk of whale bone that a friend sent. Hoping to make "Hei Matau".

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Nov 26, 2005 3:54 PM

Hey, I see a hog tooth on the floor in the top pic. Whattcha doin over there?

B

Lookin good Palm City,, very original stool he has there. Can't wait to see how the bone piece carves out. Keep us posted how it carves and what tools you use. Thanks

H
hewey posted on Sun, Nov 27, 2005 5:32 PM

Looks like hes leaking...

Oh, thats a cracked skull :)

Nice and cute. I like your style, very phunky

C

Your tikis have such great personality.Inspiring work!!Keep the pics coming!!!

Five years fly by and finally done.... at least for now.

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2009-07-09 09:12 ]

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2009-07-09 09:15 ]

T

5 years??!! Well, it's brilliant however long it took! LOL

Bravo. Ready to start the next one now? :wink:

Very cool carving! Do we have to wait another five years or could you
possibly cut that down to 2 1/2?

Very nice!
he has a lot of character!
Looking forward to the next 5-year masterwork!

The five years... was not spent carving..... I had a bout with cancer and beat it again......I have produced a number of others as well. Just takes time to post and inform

All Right. I saw your stuff on Deviantart (I'm tflounder) - I'm glad you decided to post here again. Your stuff is excellent - everyone can expect to see some very cool carves!!

Wow this guy has a lot of character.
You did a great carve, love the detail.
Glad to see you return.

Thanks for the welcome back and here we go

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2009-07-09 19:30 ]

S

Very nice! They are so alive and kicking.

Great looking stuff. They all look so happy, even the head hunter.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jul 10, 2009 4:28 AM

Yo! PCT!

Nice to see you back. Sorry to hear you had rough time of it. I was wondering where you went. Glad you still have the urge to create your wonderful pieces. Thanks for the pics. You made me smile today!

-G$

BD

wow! i sure do love that cannibal - all the little details. your new guys are pretty sweet as well. very nice job. also really like the little playful one sticking his tongue out.

bd

Hey PalmCityTiki, I don't know how I missed this thread before. Your carvings have great character.
I hope your doing better and I look forward to seeing more of your stuff here soon. :D

No I am not kicking them out this fast.... It has taken me months to create them. I just don't spend much time posting.

This one has a hollow top for some ferns to give him some rasta look.

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2009-07-10 17:13 ]

B

Hey Palm City, HOW have I Missed this post for so LONG? I must really REALLY be Blind.
Haven't seen you since Jimmy tried to water the Art Show down! How'ya been?

Your new guys Really Crack me up, Excellent work. Glad you are beating the bad stuff and taming the logs too.
I'm Sure all the guys would Love to have you down at the South Florida Carving Jam, This time it's in Ft.Lauderdale and you can check HERE Its coming soon, Aug 1st but I Know you will have fun FUN Fun.
Welcome back!

One for a girl/friend...
thanks for the kind words and votes of confidence.

K
kirby posted on Fri, Jul 17, 2009 8:12 AM

it feels like a warm blanket.. Im super stoked your posting again..Your stuff should be in TCs top ten of all time list.. ..Welcome back

T

Oh damn! That's sweet. Love all the colorings. Your tikis almost look like illustrations. Very unique. Usually I don't like flowery decorations on these but you pulled it off well. Great carving! :)

J

Glad to see you back! And with some great carvings as well!

M

Awesome creatures there.

Must be something in the water down further from me.

Huh Ben?

Exceptional color and a great flow of design. Perfect as always. Keep carving and showing us all up......:lol:

B

Boy what a Beautiful Tiki to give the Girl friend, Perfect. Your sanding smooth finish is Wonderful and the color adds a great touch. You seem to have stepped up a couple levels.

ptc

the tiki looks great. wonderful way you have made the colors looks as they've been there for a long time as if patina-ed with age. one lucky girl/friend.

bd

I have been trying to catch up on everyone elses carvings. and Beautiful ones are everywhere. It seems this group is elevating the style factor.

Thank you to all of you that leave a comment.

PalmCity, great to have ya back!

Love the color infused into your work, it fits so well with the smooth texture of that palm.

You get a great finish on your work, color or natural, they all look good.

S

Im impressed fine work here.

Self portrait. Not a traditional TIKI piece but.....

2' 5" tall and carved from a sabal palm......

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2009-08-03 16:01 ]

too cute!
he's gonna look great all stained up!

B

Cool Monkey with a Fez. The photos don't show the Real deal, this guy is SO Neat and the detail for palm is Awesome. Lets not forget that Snake in the (Gr)ass either! :o :D :lol: Cool Stuff PalmCity, So Nice to have you Back!

myspace

[ Edited by: Benzart 2009-08-07 04:59 ]

On 2005-11-20 15:13, PalmCityTiki wrote:
One more step n the progress.
Moko is Carved and Shaded, so my old eyes can see where I need to clean it up.
I'm not sure about doing his forehead as well. Plus I started on his mojo necklace.

I feel as though It was worth the redo on the moko. Its is less destracting. Now I need to plan how
i am going to make the stitched lips stick out. The moko gets all the attention.

Plus a new one to be shipped off for someones Christmas.

Thanks for the comments both pos. and neg. Speak your mind. i know the voices inside my head express theirs.

does anyone else only see very very small pictures here? i don't know how to get them to be larger

B

B een a long time since I used Shutterfly but it looks like you are just clicking on the thumbnall and saving that. Try opening the pic all the way and saving that.
Hope this helps

Pages: 1 2 3 113 replies