Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

How to display menus?

Pages: 1 9 replies

I just received a Don the Beachcomber restaraunt menu for my birthday and am now puzzled as to how to display it? If I frame it so the cover shows, I will lose the menu info - which is a killer since it shows food prices for entrees in the $1-2 dollar range!! I was thinking I could try to get a good copy of the interior on some nice paper and then display that with the front/back unfolded?

Any suggestions???

Thanks for listening.

You could have it framed with glass on both sides, and flip it once in a while.

You could have it colour copied and embed both copies in a bar top of epoxy, along with postcards and other ephemera.

... copy the darn thing, first off... then...

... tattoo one side on your chest... tattoo the other side on your back...

... tattoo other assorted and sundry ephemera on your arms...

... thus, adhering to the three d's of tiki... dedication, desire, discipline...

i go with the copy idea. it´s pretty cheap and you´ll get a good result.

is the menu supposed to hang on the wall? Otherwise you could put it in those V-shaped glassframes some restaurants/bar use.
(i have no idea what you call it in English but i think you know what I mean). Then you can have it standing on the bar or on a table fully visible on all sides but you don´t have to worry about getting food/drinks on it

You could do the open shadowbox and have the menu just clipped in with some document clips. I think you can buy something like that at Staples. Then it just kinda sits in there and you can take it out if you want.

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Nov 2, 2005 6:10 AM

Buy more of them so you have one framed and one for browsing.

Just re-open the restaurant and send your one copy to the printer and run off a bunch of them. He should give you a discount after 2 or 3 hundred. After the restaurant goes under (because of the 1963 prices), you'll have enough to wallpaper your whole house!

Frame it between 2 plates of plexiglass clipped together and then you can turn it from one side to the other, or mount it vertically on a horizontal surface so you can see both sides at the same time?

[edit]I guess Tikiwahine thought of it first. I know that you can find those frames that're just 2 pieces of Glass or Plastic attached together with clips at Michaels.

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance 2005-11-02 11:48 ]

T

Thanks to all who replied to my query - for now I have gone with the menu sandwiched between glass and it is laying on top of the bar - I hope to do something more elaborate over the long winter.

S

What I opted for was framing my menus in easy open frames. The frames were about $9 and you can open them and get the menu out to look at it in seconds. The frame is also under tension so it will accomodate a thick menu as well as a thin one, and maybe more stuff as well like matchs or postcards in the same frame. I want to have them out to look at, and I want to be able to look at the inside easily as well. This was my best solution.

More pictures HERE of my wall of menus.

Pages: 1 9 replies