Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The second-ever Tiki Central & Munktiki Mug Design Contest!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 183 replies

T
teaKEY posted on Tue, Dec 6, 2005 7:59 AM

Mauitiki cool, those are 100% craftsmanship and the look of a high end Tikifarm mug. A mug that good looking with a mass produced number of 4 of 4. Talk about rare.
Just waiting to hear the results. How about a calendar date when we will know. So we can count down. Anyways, this contest will be fun for many days to come.

B

I hate to keep beating a dead horse but is there an ETA on the results? The natives are getting restless.

Patience. Believe me, when we have information, we'll post it! :)

T
teaKEY posted on Wed, Dec 7, 2005 1:06 PM

I saw Hanford name and I thought, maybe.... ohhh. Oh well, I will just have to check back everyday. Is that the plan :)

(I keep wondering what they might be doing)

‚Ù‚ñ‚Æ‚¤A“Ç‚Ý‚Ü‚·‚©B‚·‚Ý‚Ü‚¹‚ñA‚Ú‚­‚Í“ú–{Œê‚ð•×‹­‚ð‚µ‚Ü‚·B ƒRƒ“ƒeƒXƒg‚í‚©‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB‚½‚Ô‚ñ–¾“ú‚í‚©‚è‚Ü‚·B

-stuckie

B

On 2005-12-07 16:33, stuckieshaft wrote:
‚Ù‚ñ‚Æ‚¤A“Ç‚Ý‚Ü‚·‚©B‚·‚Ý‚Ü‚¹‚ñA‚Ú‚­‚Í“ú–{Œê‚ð•×‹­‚ð‚µ‚Ü‚·B ƒRƒ“ƒeƒXƒg‚í‚©‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñB‚½‚Ô‚ñ–¾“ú‚í‚©‚è‚Ü‚·B

-stuckie

You don't say!!!

C

‚Ù‚ñ‚Æ‚¤?A“Ç‚Ý‚Ü‚·‚©?B‚·‚Ý‚Ü‚¹‚ñ?A‚Ú‚­‚Í“ú–{Œê‚ð•×‹­‚ð‚µ‚Ü‚·?B ƒRƒ“ƒeƒXƒg‚í‚©‚è‚Ü‚¹‚ñ?B‚½‚Ô‚ñ–¾“ú‚í‚©‚è‚Ü‚·?B

-stuckie

I am now having my people run tests and analysis on this data for possible clues to who the winner might be. I will keep you all updated as data evolves.

Chongolio

" I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain
http://www.Lost-Isle.com
http://www.piggod.com

H
hewey posted on Thu, Dec 8, 2005 4:50 AM

Im with the checking back daily thing...

B

-stuckie

Ha! I broke the code!
"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine."

On 2005-12-07 18:45, badmojo wrote:

-stuckie

You don't say!!!

it's a bunch of teenage wasteland, testosterone overdosed, nintendo powerglove, owl xbox crap

Come on! Let's get a winner while we're young! Just kidding. :D
Just a little bump.

Hey Stuckie! ‰½q‚ׂĂ¢‚é‚©B

D

On 2005-10-31 18:44, hanford_lemoore wrote:
The winning design will be chosen by a panel of judges made up of Hanford Lemoore, Munktiki, and other Tiki Central members as selected by Hanford Lemoore.

Hanford, it would be interesting to know who the TC panel of judges you selected are... :sheckymug:

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2005-12-14 16:54 ]

All will be revealed soon!

B

On 2005-12-14 16:49, DawnTiki wrote:

Hanford, it would be interesting to know who the TC panel of judges you selected are... :sheckymug:

Perhaps they are also bringing gifts of Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh? Maybe it's a matter of Immaculate Conception and we have to wait untill Christmas Eve?

T

Maybe, we can know who they are after the contest or maybe never will we find out. At least we heard a , "soon". I was going to bump on is silver anniversary which would have been a few days before Christmas.

Until the know, we can make guesses of what the masterminds are doing and thinking.

Here is my guess. They are making a sculpt of every mug that was submitted to see which one looks best.

H
hewey posted on Wed, Dec 14, 2005 6:13 PM

On 2005-12-14 17:16, hanford_lemoore wrote:
All will be revealed soon!

Mmmm, a positive response to keep people interested that doesnt really address the question. The usage of the open ended term of "soon" does not tie the author down to any promises. Perhaps the judges are having a hard time deliberating over the entries. Perhpas they have already decided, and are just kicking back drinking Mai Tais on their judges salary...

How soon is soon? Cmon, be a little more specific! Before christmas?

Aren't some of the judges in the process of moving? They are a tad busy right now.

On 2005-12-14 18:17, I dream of tiki wrote:
Aren't some of the judges in the process of moving? They are a tad busy right now.

Bingo!

H

So basically we are waiting indefinitely.....

MT

Chongolio,
Your tiki central ohana hut is awesome!!! Can you make one for me out of gingerbread??? Mmmmmmm, tiki gingerbread...

well, this year i did a classic a frame gingerbread house, but ooooh - next year - a tiki hut !!!!!! great idea :)

the problem is they are still trying to sober the judges up for judging

M

On 2005-12-15 09:01, Cherry Capri wrote:
well, this year i did a classic a frame gingerbread house, but ooooh - next year - a tiki hut !!!!!! great idea :)

I saw a gingerbread house with frosted miniwheats for shingles, they had some turned with the frosting (snow) side up and others without, giving a great snowed upon roof look. OK, I know, kinda off the subject.

Can we get some results already?, I'm Dying over here! How about telling us who made it to the final 4??

T

Can we get some results already?, I'm Dying over here! How about telling us who made it to the final 4??

The tribe has NOT spoken. :)

You know what’s so cool about this contest, even if you don’t win, you still have a chance for you’re design to be commissioned a run (Or should I say rum.).

T

On 2005-12-15 20:46, Unga Bunga wrote:
You know what’s so cool about this contest, even if you don’t win, you still have a chance for you’re design to be commissioned a run (Or should I say rum.).

Well, if Munktiki wouldn't accept my 'ButtMunki' design, I doubt the benevolent judges of TC would rule in my favor.

On 2005-12-15 20:58, tikigreg wrote:
Well, if Munktiki wouldn't accept my 'ButtMunki' design, I doubt the benevolent judges of TC would rule in my favor.

ButtMunki!? I use to have a gorilla ashtray with that name.

M

On 2005-12-15 20:23, tikigreg wrote:

The tribe has NOT spoken. :)

I hope I don't get voted off the island.

On 2005-12-15 20:46, Unga Bunga wrote:

Or....ripped off by some upstart garage mug making gig or some other country for a booze box set........or

T

Don't remind me, I thought of that before I summited anything. If you get picked, nothing to worry about. Otherwise, yup its a risk. I guess you have to pay to play. It wouldn't be as much fun, even the wait, unless your in the game.
Quick, copyrights :D

T

A twenty day BUMP

Here's a little musical interlude for everyone anxiously waiting...

http://www.leroy-anderson.com/html/rams/The-Syncopated-Clock.ram

T

Friendly 30 Day BUMP

The twenty day bump felt like it took months to get to. The last tens days has gone pretty quickly. It would seem that its not a simple yes no answer for picking. There must be more going on.

And the wait for the Munktiki's website to allow orders for their new artist stackers. Those look cool, I think I will get them all. Anyone have a picture of all the stacker cups stacked up.

T

At least let us know who the judges are! It's like that old joke, 'how do you keep a turkey in suspense?'

B
Bete posted on Mon, Jan 2, 2006 4:27 PM

When the winner is announced will the mug be sold on the site here as a limited edition or something? I'm interested in seeing who the winner is, as I collect cool tiki mugs.

B

On 2006-01-02 16:07, tikifish wrote:
how do you keep a turkey in suspense?'

Aspic?

B
Bete posted on Wed, Jan 4, 2006 8:26 AM

I just looked through all the mug designs and there are some AMAZING designs in that forum thread, in fact I would buy about 10 to 20 of them if they actualy existed. What a great amount of artistic talent and creativity there is on this site, WOW!

I obviously had some time on my hands. :D

H
hewey posted on Tue, Jan 10, 2006 4:58 AM

haha - so do our judges apparently! :)

B

No, they just have that new super fast Dial-up internet service

Great image, Unga. PS, don't blame the judges, they were not finalized and notified until roughly a week ago. The slowdown was my fault for various reasons, but our judges are currently deciding. Hold on, you'll know more very, very soon ....

~Hanford

T

It sounds like there won't be a 60 day bump. I can't wait to know the results and see what it will look it and buy one and hold it in my hand. Wait, I'm getting too far ahead of myself. One day at a time teaKEY, one day at a time.

This is like a comic book. Cliffhangers all the way. :drink:

Tune in next week to the dramatic conclusion...
I guess it would be more like an episode of the Batman TV show.

Anyway I just have to say that this has been a really fun contest though I am eagerly awaiting the conclusion (my therapist says that closure would be good for me).

H
hewey posted on Sat, Jan 14, 2006 2:44 AM

OOh! Cmon, Im dyin here!

Update:

So, the votes are in!

but don't get too excited.

Stuckie and I are in the process of reviewing the feasibility and costs of bringing the mug designs to life. This is an important, required step in determining the winning mug!

Stay tuned ....

Also, here is the list of TCers that were asked to judge:

Hanford_lemoore
Stuckie
Verani
PappyTheSailor
Dawn Tiki
Heelgrinder
Martiki
BigBroTiki
Sabina
Finkdaddy
Ikitnrev
Filslash
ScottMcGerik
Bargoyle
Kenike
Puamana
TikiCleen
Doctor Z
Jeff Central
Tangaroa
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Pablus
Trader Woody
Kailuageoff
ZuluMagoo
Tikifish

hey, how about a short list?

The nominations for best mug are...

B
Bete posted on Wed, Jan 18, 2006 6:25 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing who won this contest (even though I didn't enter the contest myself). There were some AWESOME designs entered in that contest (I'ld buy quite a few of the designs if they were ever made). I gotta say there are some AWESOME artists on this site!!!

gonna see ikitnrev on saturday... is bribery allowed? lol

Pages: 1 2 3 4 183 replies