Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The second-ever Tiki Central & Munktiki Mug Design Contest!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 183 replies

Just out of curiosity Hanford, how did you choose the judges? Cos I have to say that it looks like a pretty good cross section of TC folk.

Looking forward to seeing the results and placing my order.

When is the corresponding tiki drink contest for this mug?

On 2006-01-18 06:51, Kon-Hemsby wrote:
Just out of curiosity Hanford, how did you choose the judges? Cos I have to say that it looks like a pretty good cross section of TC folk.

Well, at a guess: first they couldn't have a mug in the contest, second it looks like people with broad tastes in collecting mugs, and third they're people who post often and are accessable.

AND, they're all easy to buy off too. HAHAHAHAHA!

jus kiddin

B

Still awaiting bribe payment....... lol

T

Don't buy them off too quickly. The votes are in, it said. :wink: I'm glad TikiFish got in on this. If you know what is takes to win, then you know what it takes to win. Thats like the final jewel for the the previous mug's crown.

I'm glad that we know the votes are done. I was going to wonder if any Judges were from Florida. Lol. Now go crunch those numbers. It would be interesting to know the different cost for different mugs, although I'm sure someone wouldn't want to know that they lost on cost.
-tea

Yes, I waited until judging was finished before I announced who were judges specifically to reduce bribery. I picked the judges myself, looking for a good cross-section of recent and longtime members from all over, with input from Humuhumu.

M

I'm glad we'll get the results soon. I was ready to initiate the "Peoples Choice Awards"!

H

Woohoo! Progress. Hmmm, even if I did find out all the judges before judging, there was too many to bribe... Damn you Hanford! Your too damn organised for the likes of me.

Looking forward to hearing the results!

For those of us that have a dream of creating our own tiki mugs, how much does it cost? Basic mug estimate?

Sorry folks, Cheeky Tiki and I tried to get some insight into Virani's voting on the Mug Contest, but despite a few of Cheeky's potent Mai Tai's and constant badgering, Virani wouldn't crack. I think it was something to do with a tiki curse, if he told!

So we're still waiting to hear on the results.

T

I didn't think I had to do this but here is the 60 day bump

Its almost been two date months but sixty one days after the contest has been over. Or three month since the contest started. thats a of a quarter year !

I guess I'm going to stop counting and just check back now and then. Maybe Tueday, Tuesday always bring new things. O well

A

Sixty nine dude!!!

I've been waiting for a reason to put that in a post. Excellent!

I'm normally very patient, really, really I am, I swear.

69 day bump just sounds funny or fun I'm not certain.

Good things come to those who wait.

Sorry for the delay. It's my fault. Stuckie and I are still dishing the details of how the winner will be produced and whatnot. It's not a trivial thing.

That said, Stuckie was waiting on me, and I just sent him an email that hopefully will lead to a light at the end of a the tunnel!

Hanford

T

almost there...

...stay on target

H
hewey posted on Thu, Feb 9, 2006 8:12 PM

You guys still nuttin out the details?

Obviuosly you guys gotta do the sums properly and all that - but i wanna know who won! Waiting axiously...

I think they actually are making the mugs and making us suffer for thier own twisted pleasure......ok not really but it sounded good

Ooooo...I hope it's RevBambooBen's Grandpa's Trader Mort tiki, but Mort's would probably want a cut of the profits!

On a related side note... I picked up my girl from the airport yesterday and we swung by Mort's. I told the guy behind the counter, who I'd never seen before, I saw their ad in Tiki Magazine and that it was a smart move to advertised there (even though I'd been there a hundred times before) and proceeded to pic out about a hundred bucks worth of booze (including their last dusty bottle of 75.5% ALC/VOL Lemon Hart! hehe!) After we'd lined up all our goodies I mentioned the 10% discount coupon in Tiki Mag and the guy said "What about it? If you don't bring it you don't get a discount." I was startled. I told him didn't want to ruin my copy of the magazine by actually ripping the coupon out and that maybe my certain knowledge of it's existence could be enough to let me slide this time, but he wouldn't budge and just stared at me silently frowning. Well, I'm stubborn, and would have stood there all day but my girl wanted to get home, unpack and relax so I forked over the cash. As Trader Mort's employee of the month is handing me my booze he says...
"I know the owner'd do it for ya... but I ain't him!"

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-02-10 10:15 ]

On 2006-02-10 10:05, hodadhank wrote:

"I know the owner'd do it for ya... but I ain't him!"

[ Edited by: hodadhank 2006-02-10 10:15 ]

What a wanker!

That's true. The owner is a stand up guy. The employee sounds like a jerk.

Good help is hard to find. The Demerara was worth every penny!

B
Bete posted on Sat, Feb 11, 2006 10:00 AM

Looking forward to hearing who the winner is and to see the mug that won.

I predict Valentines Day.......because it's all about the love baby!

T

"I predict Valentines Day" - want to take any bets.

"You bet I do!???" - Gretzky's Wife

On 2006-02-12 11:46, teaKEY wrote:
Want to take any bets.

I'm In! How many points on the Tiki spread?

HELLO

T

It's a race: Which will arrive first, my Tiki Farm APE mug (15 months and counting) or the mug contest winner?

or Tiki News (8 years)

On 2006-02-16 07:55, Jungle Trader wrote:
or Tiki News (8 years)

Oooooh, yeah. Been so long I think it's actually considered "defunct" and is awaiting resurrection, kinda like representative democracy.

On 2006-02-16 10:25, Tiki-bot wrote:

and is awaiting resurrection, kinda like representative democracy.

or walt disney

On 2006-02-16 10:25, Tiki-bot wrote:

On 2006-02-16 07:55, Jungle Trader wrote:
or Tiki News (8 years)

Oooooh, yeah. Been so long I think it's actually considered "defunct" and is awaiting resurrection, kinda like representative democracy.

settle down mr. pineapple-bot....

B
Bete posted on Sun, Feb 19, 2006 2:01 PM

On 2005-11-04 08:23, RevBambooBen wrote:

I want to enter this one. It's soooo Zazzz!
Well, my Grandfather designed it, and.... I'm named after him, and..... I'm carrying on the family tradition, and... it's a major part of tiki history, so.........does that count??

Your crazy dude!
Nobody would buy that mug. :D

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Apr 6, 2006 1:00 PM

Ok, Unga, you got it. Its the second place winner. Yeah

T

Any word on the mug and it's price, availability, etc?

K

On 2006-10-17 10:09, TikiTy wrote:

First read this, then read this, then you might want to check here and here.

On 2006-10-17 10:09, TikiTy wrote:

Uh, this was over and done with a a month or so ago. This thread will bring you up to speed.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=21012&forum=1&start=0&hilite=ohana%20mug.

T

Sorry gang...searches were pretty general, and I must have blown past the correct results. My apologies.

K

On 2006-10-17 11:06, TikiTy wrote:
Sorry gang...searches were pretty general, and I must have blown past the correct results. My apologies.

it's all good, my friend...anyway, I'd be willing to bet some will be hitting eBay at some point. Not mine, of course.

p.s. welcome to TC!

[ Edited by: Kenike 2006-10-17 13:02 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 183 replies