Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Lots of Palms for Tikis - Courtesy of Wilma

Pages: 1 7 replies

J

Any carvers near the south florida area have plenty of downed palm trees ... enough to keep you guys busy carving for a long time! Every time I drive around my neighborhood, I say "Wow, that one would make a great tiki!" Unfortunately, I don't have any artistic talent in the area of carving, but anyone who does ... and who live close by, should come on down with a pickup truck and get them before they get picked up in the bulk trash pickup.

I live in Palm City, and I have been collecting alot so far, but the problem is that a fresh tree weighs about.... 2 much.

Thanks for the tip though

http://www.PalmCityTiki.com

[ Edited by: PalmCityTiki 2005-11-01 11:50 ]

8T

Maybe Benzart & Swanky can arrange to have a flatbed full of them gathered and sent to Tennessee for the carving seminar next Spring. That's about the only way I'm ever gonna get a palm log. Ain't too many up here in MO !!!
:lol:

OK the wife is pissed. Official count: 2-5' Coconut, 2-6' Washingtonias, alot of Mahogany, 2-3'x2' Ficus, and alot of Carrotwood. That doesn't count the 2 sabal palms in my front yard that have had the tops blown off. Its gonna be a busy winter decorating my new back patio!

Definitely plenty to be found... Free the South Florida Tikis!!!

Gifts from Wilma.(Hurricane wilma in case my wife reads this.

B

A truck load of those palms would be Mighty heavy. You would need a decent sized trailer and truck to get those to Tenn. It Would be nice tho.

Aloha joefla70!!!!!!!
Wilma was good for one thing (wood) that was about all she was good for.Benzart and I did a road trip last week and scored a trailor full of mahagony. nice stuff!. you should try your hand at carving my friend. Aloha joe, Mooney

Pages: 1 7 replies