Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Rhum Clement lands in the USA

Pages: 1 2 replies

Exciting News..my little Rummies! Not great for Tiki drinks, but heady and deep rhum from Martinique.

Rhum Clement, made from pure sugar cane in Martinique, has arrived in the US with three rums from its portfolio: Rhum Clement Premiere Canne, made from seven varieties of sugar cane; Rhum Clement VSOP, which spends one year in a new French Cognac barrel and three years in a re-charred Bourbon barrel; and Rhum Clement Liqueur Creole Shrubb, an infusion of orange peels and traditional Creole spices into pure cane syrup blended with white rum. For more information contact Ana Jovancicevic at 212-688-8200.

On 2005-11-05 13:02, Rum Numb Davey wrote:

Not great for Tiki drinks, but heady and deep rhum from Martinique.

Oh, I don't know about that. I might just try this in a Mai Tai. My favorite Martinique rum right now is Kaniche which is also aged in French cognac barrels - although, I'm not sure if it is being produced anymore. But this rum makes an excellent Mai Tai and .... I know where three bottles are buried... the problem is that.. well, there's this curse...

V
virani posted on Sun, Nov 6, 2005 1:43 AM

Rhum Clément is a really good rum, by itself or as a cocktail part, that's for sure. I like to use that on Mai Tais, that really gives an excellent flavor.

Pages: 1 2 replies