Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

cocojoes carvings

Pages: 1 8 replies

M

i have a collection of 8 carvings by an artist/company called cocojoes, based in hawaii, dated form 1980 thru to 1992. Does anyone have any informaton on the artist or shop?

I have a few, not because they are rare (they sold literally millions) but because they are neat. Went out of business recently and another company bought a bunch of the molds and makes some of the larger statues still today. They sell one-bay for about $6.00-15.00. Keep them, though, as they are bound to be a mainstay in the growing field of tiki collectibles.

H
hip74 posted on Tue, Jul 26, 2005 4:03 PM

i have a ton of coco joe's products , so many that i have to start selling i have many duplicates...I also collect HIP but i can not part with those just yet....anyone interested in coco joe's let me know..my collection has gotten out of hand

K

There is literally TONS of info about Coco Joe's on Tiki Central. You can do a search to find lots of good info...starting with these:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7625&forum=1&hilite=coco%20joes

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=7124&forum=5&start=0

M

On 2005-07-26 16:03, hip74 wrote:
i have a ton of coco joe's products , so many that i have to start selling i have many duplicates...I also collect HIP but i can not part with those just yet....anyone interested in coco joe's let me know..my collection has gotten out of hand

Sent PM.

I would do more if there were any contact info in your profile.

Hey there Hip74...Id be interested in lightening your load. Drop me a pm with pics. thanx

P
PJ1977 posted on Wed, Apr 8, 2009 8:53 AM

Aloha, friends, HIP 74 maybe you could help me?.. I travelled to Hawaii alot when I was younger, beings that my dad was in the airlines,, we had friends in HNL, I would buy a few every time I would visit ABC stores along with some sushi and beef jerky, and maybe some moana loa macadamia nut chocolates... anyway I would always travel with my favorite key chain cocojoe, but I was so young at the time, that I took off the lable so I dont know what his name was,, It had been 6 years since I had been to the islands so when I decided to go in winter of 2005 with my new girlfriend I knew I had to take my favorite keychain for luck,as I always did, I also took flower lais to suprise my girl when we landed in HNL,when I pulled out the lai from a small bag I had I must of dropped the Tiki down the side of the seat on the plane,, it wasnt until I got to the hotel that I realised this,,,, I tried to contact everyone who could of found it but no luck, I have been searching ever since and I truly feel that the little king of my huge collection is lost in his original home,, I know I am a grown man now age 31, but it is very very special to me as I was 12 when I bought it.My superstition has been altered ever since,, maybe I will find it again or maybe a replacement of the same kind,, He was the god of love or truth, he was a short, dark coloured keychain with a purple jewel at his belt area,, man I miss this little guy,,I have all the other keychains in the collection.. I guess I am as mad as the rest of you, this Tiki has been controlling my life,, thanks for your time,, aloha...P.J

This one?

Buzzy Out!

P
PJ1977 posted on Thu, Apr 9, 2009 7:52 PM

Yep,, thats it,the black one, but it had a purple jewel.. thanks for the image, brings backgreat feelings, Ya know I wonder if an aircraft caterer or cleaner or even staff found him, and they wouldnt even know how much it means to me,, I am going back to Hawaii in december, prob ruin my holiday trying to track it down,,hahahaha,,thanks again..

Pages: 1 8 replies