Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Lost Wednesday November Bay Area gathering - poll

Pages: 1 13 replies

Since Thanksgiving falls on the last Thursday, what are preferences for this month's gathering?

I'm thinking: last Wed. 11/30 or Wed. 11/23 (Thanksgiving Eve!).

For those of you interested in this month's gathering, let me know your preference in the next few days~

M

Last Weds 11/30 gets my vote!

I vote for Thanksgiving Eve - what a great excuse to leave others with the turkey prep!! Truth is, most folks are either busy or out of town, so 11/30 will probably work best.

was there anyone else planning on going?

I hurt my leg real bad this weekend and am having trouble getting around. I'm inclined to just cancel this month's gathering, unless someone else wants to step up and take over for the month.

On 2005-11-15 10:38, dangergirl299 wrote:
was there anyone else planning on going?

I hurt my leg real bad this weekend and am having trouble getting around. I'm inclined to just cancel this month's gathering, unless someone else wants to step up and take over for the month.

I can do it for 11/30, so if this works out have Al send me the info of who in Vic's to contact. OK?
Mike, I know you preferred the other Wednesday, but is the 30th ok?

Ackshully, Mike said the 30th and I think so too, so that's another vote! All systems go??

Jen, you MUST learn to stop leaping tall buildings in a single bound without warming up first! Stretch, girl, stretch!

H

Our schedule is totally goobered for the end of this month, not because of the holiday, but because of moving. If we're around, and in need of a breather from packing/unpacking, we'll come out!

M

I just realised wouldn't it be easier for you to do the planning for your event even though you can't make it, Dangergirl. You have the contacts , just pick the date, contact the appropriate people at Vic's and Conga and we will come or not. It seems most people like the 30th and since that is basically two weeks away maybe you will be better by then. Let's do it! :) zazz!

Have a nice Tiki Day!
If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2005-11-18 15:27 ]

A
Al-ii posted on Mon, Nov 21, 2005 4:35 PM

Aloha,
Jen and I will be at Trader Vic's Emeryville Wed. pm from 6-8 then t the Conga Lounge 8-10. Hope to see you there. Congratulations are in order for Jen, she has been accepted to be judge pro tem in Alameda County,way to go Jen.
Mahalo,
Al

M

On 2005-11-21 16:35, Al-ii wrote:
Aloha,
Jen and I will be at Trader Vic's Emeryville Wed. pm from 6-8 then t the Conga Lounge 8-10. Hope to see you there. Congratulations are in order for Jen, she has been accepted to be judge pro tem in Alameda County,way to go Jen.
Mahalo,
Al

which Wednesday? 11/23 or 11/30. Is this the official event?

Due to various reasons, I am unable to plan the usual monthly get together. Also, I don’t think I would be able to make a 11/30 get together.

However, if you folks want to gather at Trader Vics and Conga Lounge at the usual time on 11/30 on your own, I’m SURE you won’t be turned away…

Al and I are hanging at Trader Vics and Conga this Wed. 11/23 - TC Ohana are certainly welcome to join us.

Sorry for the confusion.

T

Howdy all...

My wife (Thayer) and I were at one of the first of the bay area gatherings at Trader Vic's, but I never did get around to registering on the boards to say....thanks for the good time.

So...belated...Thanks for the good time!

We have been bad Oakland Tiki citizens and have never been to the Conga Lounge (yikes!), so maybe we can get off our collective rumpus tonite and drop by.

It's generally tough for us on weekdays due to an insanely early start to the day, but we are blessed with a day off tomorrow! woohoo

Any TCer coming to the Conga tonight will receive $2.00 off our fabulous Zombie.

T

On 2005-11-23 14:13, Conga Mike wrote:
Any TCer coming to the Conga tonight will receive $2.00 off our fabulous Zombie.

Well heck then, we'll be there for sure!

Pages: 1 13 replies